World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

No Character Edit Flag?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cc4eab4da42504

08/22/2013 4:09 PM
    Regarding the Character Appearance Change of Your Version 1.0 Characters
    We have confirmed an issue wherein players were unable the load their character data from the official benchmark when changing the appearance of their FINAL FANTASY XIV version 1.0 characters.

In addition, we identified several display issues with the editing screen itself. Due to these display issues, players may have had a difficult time changing the appearance and/or character name of their characters.

Therefore, we have decided to provide the following services.

- Provide a one-time character name change.
    - Provide a one-time character appearance change.

* Please note that we will only be providing the service to those who encountered problems during the character change process.

We will follow-up once we have more information on the matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
    For those who missed out, we weren't able to import our character data from the benchmark while editing our 1.0 characters, the following claimed that those affected would receive another character edit which so far hasn't happened.

After the following was posted, no more follow up information was provided.

It seemed an awful shame to have spent so much time in the character creator benchmark only to have it to go waste by not being able to import it. I for one ended up making a character quickly ending up with options I didn't intend to happen.

For those who may inevitably mention the Phial of Fantasia, this is something i'd rather save for the future, it seems a waste to use it simply because we weren't able to import our data just to change some of the features on our characters.

Any developer/community rep update on whether or not this was reconsidered or simply forgotten would be fantastic.

As usual please like or bump the thread to show your support/interest.
    (9)
    Last edited by Shioban; 08-29-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tessa Jalloh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    this, some clearer instructions on how to apply for this would be nice. i have a friend who's name didn't take when he tried to change it, and now he's stuck with a stupid name he dislikes. I know he'd jump on this, we'd talked about it, but neither of us know how to go about it. We couldn't find a spot in the ingame help centre to fill out for this kind of thing, only bug reporting and harrassment.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gildas Sharpe
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The name issue affected one of my friends, too. Hopefully they allow name change one day >_>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isis Myrlin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I sent in a ticket. I assume the server issues have taken top priority over other concerns at this time. They promised it. I am certain it'll happen soonish.
    (1)

Character
    Shio Ban
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricksy View Post
    I sent in a ticket. I assume the server issues have taken top priority over other concerns at this time. They promised it. I am certain it'll happen soonish.
    I never thought to send in a ticket actually, I might try that if the developers don't respond to this thread.
    (0)