Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Toshiro Takamura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thanks!!! This is a huge help! =D Now I know where I'm at and how many quest there are left for me to go. I really appreciate this =] Also thank you Amornthep for added quest as well!
    (0)
    The Cow says.... Moo~

2. 09-01-2013 03:04 AM

Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

How Do You Determine Your Starting Class?

I have a related problem. I started playing in Beta and tried testing the stuff SE requested. In the process I changed my class/weapon/tool many times testing stuff. I never started the main story. When Early Access started I mostly explored and leveled starting ALL guild classes in Grid and Ul'dah. At Launch I began trying to pick-up the Main Story but can't get it started. I tried changing classes and looking for some Main Story clue but all I can find are side quests in ALL jobs/classes.

Anyone know how to determine your starting class? If I knew that, I could probably find the next thing to do in the Main Story.

Right now I am getting quests in Limsa but can't get an airship pass or join the military because it keeps saying I am too low level in my Main Story.
    (0)
    Last edited by hrdndv; 09-01-2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: add title

Player
    Character
    Patrick Gasiorowski
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 21
    Does any one know where I can get the items for the Terror at Fallgourd quest thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Patrick Gasiorowski
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 21
    Never mind
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdndv View Post
    I have a related problem. I started playing in Beta and tried testing the stuff SE requested. In the process I changed my class/weapon/tool many times testing stuff. I never started the main story. When Early Access started I mostly explored and leveled starting ALL guild classes in Grid and Ul'dah. At Launch I began trying to pick-up the Main Story but can't get it started. I tried changing classes and looking for some Main Story clue but all I can find are side quests in ALL jobs/classes.

Anyone know how to determine your starting class? If I knew that, I could probably find the next thing to do in the Main Story.

Right now I am getting quests in Limsa but can't get an airship pass or join the military because it keeps saying I am too low level in my Main Story.
    Npcs with a main story quest have a meteor icon above their heads instead of the usual 'Q' icon. That being said, after the initial tutorial when you first arrive at your starting city (where you're sent to the Guild of your starting class, to attune at the local aetheryte, and to speak to an npc at the Markets), it's the proprietor of your city's Adventurer Guild (Baderon in Limsa, Miounne in Gridania and Momodi in Ul'dah) who you get the first 'story' quests from, which would involve you being sent to a camp outside the city to speak to a npc there.

So basically just look out for a Meteor icon above a npc, as that way you know it's part of the main storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwolf View Post
    Hi there, I am stuck between the following quests:

The Ul'dahn Envoy
    Call of the Sea

I completed the envoy quest and was then told that more may become available in the future. Well I wandered around questing etc and am now level 20 but good old Bartholomew and Momodi haven't given me a start for the next quest 'Call of the sea'. I have read the quest line and visited the people showing in these quests to no avail.

Is there some side quest or some part that I am missing? Any help that can be given would be appreciated. I cant seem to get a mount or an attendant which is frustrating...

Maybe I am missing a lot... lol...

Wolfy
    From what I can gather, it seems like you've missed a step - when you visited the last city during the Envoy quest, after you completed it, you had to then speak to the same npc who had taken you to meet with that country's head of state during the previous (Envoy) quest. If I remember correctly, for an Ul'dahn player, the last city you would have visited for that quest would have been Gridania, in which case the npc you need to speak to is the 'Silent Conjurer' outside the entrance to the CNJ's Guild in Old Gridania. She'll then give you the next quest 'Call of the Sea', for which you have to then go to Limsa and speak to Baderon at the Adventurer's Guild there to continue.
    (1)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 09-01-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zana Anbolho
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    If you wonder off and forget where you are in the quest lines, go into your Journal (J) and look under the "Complete" tab. Read the text of the last quest you finished, most of the time it will point you in the correct direction by recapping the quest so far.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    A good tip to follow (and this seems to always work for me so far):
    When finishing one of the main story line quests, ALWAYS pick up the next one right away. Where one finishes, the next one starts. Either the same person you finished with starts the next quest, or a person right next to them.

Even if you have no plans to continue with next quest, pick it up anyways, so it is in your journal and easy to find when you can continue.

Also the quest 'recommendation' list shows you it (but not sure if you needs be in the same zone or not).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maya Rose
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 31

Level 21 Conjurer in Gridania wants to fly Airships!

Like some others here, I've done every quest that can be done in Gridania but I can no longer proceed because I'm being told I haven't made sufficient progress on "Fire in the Gloom" I think Miunne is supposed to give the quest but never does so. Without this I can never get the Airship license. This seems like what some others have been saying in this thread. Anybody know how to fix it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scott Blackthorne
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 22
    Do you have to do the Pirates quest after the Envoys? I've ignored it since I didn't want to run a dungeon at the time (had sporadic access this week), but I don't have any story quests left or anything recommended. I'm guessing that I need to pick this back up and run Sashtasha this weekend?
    (0)
    Last edited by onethreeone; 09-14-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by onethreeone View Post
    Do you have to do the Pirates quest after the Envoys? I've ignored it since I didn't want to run a dungeon at the time (had sporadic access this week), but I don't have any story quests left or anything recommended. I'm guessing that I need to pick this back up and run Sashtasha this weekend?
    Yes, the next story quest is 'It Probably Pirates' that involves entering Satasha, the first instanced dungeon. That then leads to the other two instanced dungeons (Tam Tara Deepcroft and Copperbell Mines). There isn't any other way to progress through the story if you don't do these quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppityoz View Post
    Like some others here, I've done every quest that can be done in Gridania but I can no longer proceed because I'm being told I haven't made sufficient progress on "Fire in the Gloom" I think Miunne is supposed to give the quest but never does so. Without this I can never get the Airship license. This seems like what some others have been saying in this thread. Anybody know how to fix it?
    If you're up to Fire in the Gloom, you should already have your airship pass as this quest is the one that gains you access to the second instanced dungeon, the Tam Tara Deepcroft, which is only possible if you've already done the quests that gained you the airship pass in the first place (these were around level 15), and also passed the first dungeon, Satasha (see above). If you still haven't got the airship pass, then you need to do a bit of searching back to find exactly whereabouts you left off from the main quest line (check your Journal by pressing the '!' button on your main menu bar) - any current main quest still in progress will be already open.
    (0)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 09-14-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast