Player
    Character
    Aviny Zee
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60

Limited Time Free Transfers

I couldn't post it here because it was too long so I put a link below.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...69/blog/28413/
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kujo Da'te
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I support this <3. With so many displaced from the friends and even more inconvenienced with having to make the decision to make a character on a server they don't want to be on due to congestion, a free transfer period is definitely needed.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyomi Feiyin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I am kind of in the same situation. I started on Ragnarok. Being an EU server and myself in the states, I wanted to transfer off. During beta phase 3 i think it was, i applied for world transfer of my legacy characters to Sarg. But, to my surprise, when Phase 4 came out I was on Hyperion. I had emailed SE many times to ask what the mix up was. I understand that this game has had more than a few problems and am willing to wait it out. I have come to run into some cool people, but my heart and soul is with my original LS on Sarg. I think this is a great idea I would love for it to happen! I guess we can only wait and see!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Singing Vein
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 46
    Because it's stupid to make people follow a link to read your post...

Day two since the launch and I have to commend Square for the success they are having with the relaunch of FFXIV. I like so many, left a few months after the less than stellar original 1.0, so I have to give them props on the huge endeavor of righting this ship. Because what I've played so far is wonderful.

Since beta I've been trying to join some friends over on Sargatanas. But unfortunately, due to the capacity issues wasn't able to. I figured this is an issue that would be corrected when the official game launches. That of course, wasn't the case. We are still dealing with the issue but at least Square has addressed it and promises server transfers will be available in the coming month. So I continued to roll my character I made during beta with my brother in Midgardsormr.

Through Google+ and Twitter, I've been excitedly hyping this game up to my friends. Friends that would like to all be on the same server to enjoy an MMO the right way, the only way to do it. With friends.

But then Midgardsormr got full and they couldn't join me there either. Some wind up in Diabolos, another bunch wound up in Masamune. Having to convince my brother to drop his current character he had already leveled to 16 was hard enough. So now a small group of us are on Masamune. Still ultimately, we all wanted to be on Sargatanas, where a well established linkshell of our friends awaited.

I can't in good conscience tell them to pay for a server transfer when it becomes available or ask them to reroll when/if we can join Sargatanas. Some have already put in 10 hours into the game in the last two days (my brother is level 20 now and convincing him to abandon his 16 was tough enough). I can't tell them to do it over or expect them to cough up more money just so that we can all play together.

I don't think it's too much to ask that when the dust settles, and new servers are up with transfer service ready. To give us two or three days to freely transfer to a server with our friends. I believe it's a reasonable request to accommodate their fragmented base. I can't be the only one facing this problem.

Some have said they would never do that cause they want to make money anyway they can. I doubt Square would be so nefarious to use this issue to milk their customers.

I meant to post this in the forums but apparently I was not high enough level to do so. Hope this reaches someones ear in the development side.
    (1)