Player
    Character
    Fenix Highwind
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 36

PS3 Freezing

Have had my PS3 Freeze in 3 different areas today, the only way out of it is unplugging/replugging system, curious if anyone else has experienced this. Assuming it's just a server issue, but wanted to be sure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talion Dracht
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Yep same issue, have to unplug it to get it to shut off. That's bad for my PS3, world it occurred on was Adamantoise...at least 3 times, this was a couple days ago..
    (0)

Player

How did you even get the game to register on your PS3?
    (0)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    unplugging a PS3 that is running will cause data corruption on the HDD. Data corruption on the HDD is the #1 cause of game freezes on PS3, every time you yank the power cord on a PS3 you create a larger issue. You need to fix or replace the HDD or the problem will keep coming back. as a temporary solution, you can try following the official Sony PS3 instructions for fixing disc errors, though I would urge you to backup everything first. I would also suggest deleting the FFXIV game installation after running that 'fix, and then re-download/install the game. If there is corruption on your HDD, the 'fix' will merely mark it as bad and not make it go away, that's why you need to delete and re-install the game, so that you have a fresh copy with no corrupt or missing data.

Of course it might not be the HDD, but personally, I have found that the HDD is frequently to blame..
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ninon L'ouverture
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I've frozen a few times too, but all I had to do was press the reset button. I would like to hear an official response about this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nigel Umbriel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Same issue occurred to me this morning. My PS3 froze when I engaged a fight in the East Shroud. I would like to know if this could be a PS3's overheating or something related issue, or this is just a bug of the game. I played for almost two hours before the problem occured, definetely not so much time, and my PS3 never froze before. It was the first time in years.
    (0)
    "Any dream is a robust harvest. Still, I prefer the timeworn dreams, heavy with import, that haunt the obsessive mind."

Player
    Character
    Asteria Bunnymund
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    I froze too and now I'm getting the "World is Full" message...figures. Truthfully, I think the freezing might be an side effect of the number of people on, because freezing is a huge problem I've experience on DC Universe Online, especially in high traffic areas.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Murasaki Shikibu
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Just had a freeze on PS3. World: Ultros, Location: East Shroud. Merrily riding along on my Unicorn and then complete freeze. Well ventilated Slim, not even slightly warm to the touch. Now can't get back on, of course
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I can verify this as an issue. Sony Refurbished 60g PS3 with cooling fan add-on. Riding my goobbue on the way to a camp in Coerthas and had just visited Darkhold to unlock it for the duty finder. Reset the console with the power 'button' in front.
    (0)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen View Post
    I can verify this as an issue. Sony Refurbished 60g PS3 with cooling fan add-on. Riding my goobbue on the way to a camp in Coerthas and had just visited Darkhold to unlock it for the duty finder. Reset the console with the power 'button' in front.
    Add on cooling fans make the cooling worse, not better because the upset the airflow, you're better going with the stock cooling and keeping the ambient temperature lower.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast