Character
    Phil Collins
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

Level 60 raid roulette

Should it be implemented?

Here is what I believe it should include: all turns of coil (excluding savage coil) and all three Crystal Towers. The roulette should be for level 60 players, and would NOT sync you down.

DISCLAIMER: I have not yet done the crystal tower series with 8 level 60 players. It seems very very feasible, but would arguably take much longer than a coil turn. To fix this, perhaps Crystal Tower can be broken up into sections (all trash up to Bone Dragon and Bone Dragon, for example).

The other option is to make Coil into an entire raid, combining all turns of a series into one, making both lengths somewhat equal. Their difficulties might end up being similar too, since CT was way easier but tuned for 24 man, while Coil was much harder but tuned for 8 man.

A last option would simply be separating the two into different roulettes, probably the easiest solution, but a boring one that might make players feel the need to run too many roulettes as is. Who wouldn't love to challenge a much easier version of coil now that they can? And who wouldn't want to put a fresh new spin on a 24 man raid?

Rewards should be a fair amount of Law, Esoterics, Gil, and maybe a token or something that can be used to trade in for gear from any turn or portion of the tower
    (1)
    Last edited by Altijacek; 10-09-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kajukai Korin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Altijacek View Post

Here is what I believe it should include: all turns of coil (excluding savage coil) and all three Crystal Towers. The roulette should be for level 60 players, and would NOT sync you down.

DISCLAIMER: I have not yet done the crystal tower series with 8 level 60 players. It seems very very feasible, but would arguably take much longer than a coil turn. To fix this, perhaps Crystal Tower can be broken up into sections (all trash up to Bone Dragon and Bone Dragon)
    You sadly cant do CT undersized would love to.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sakuja Itami
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    and if you leave it 24 man content it will never pop in roulette
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frostei Frost
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Most likely people will never touch it due to the long queue time
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raela Sarinelle
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Altijacek View Post

DISCLAIMER: I have not yet done the crystal tower series with 8 level 60 players. It seems very very feasible, but would arguably take much longer than a coil turn. To fix this, perhaps Crystal Tower can be broken up into sections (all trash up to Bone Dragon and Bone Dragon, for example).
    But some mechanics are impossible with just 8 people. They need to adjust the fights to handle smaller groups.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Martin Arcainess
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Coil. No, I can see noobs glaore joining in hopes of a freebie kill and then youll have people leaving when something like T5 comes up.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alahra Valkaire
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    CT in particular can't be done with 8 people at all because of the Atomos encounter. You need at minimum 15 for it currently (4 for each pad and one person to DPS each maw).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Velikayl Minx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    The current 3 CT dungeons should be their own roulette, with the new Void ark ones added to them once they get replaced with the next tier.

Mixing 8 and 24 mans in the same roulette wouldn't make much sense, and probably really mess with queues.

Re-working the CT's to work with an undersized group would be cool, but simply adding them to their own new roulette is probably much easier for the devs, and still gets people running them. Especially as an alternative means for eso's.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sprinkle Puff
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Arcainess View Post
    Coil. No, I can see noobs glaore joining in hopes of a freebie kill and then youll have people leaving when something like T5 comes up.
    They could make it where you need to actually have beaten the turn to enter. Just like unlocking any other roulette. This still doesn't by any stretch guarantee that you get people in there that can succeed. But it would certainly help.

I think this would be a fun idea but the rewards for the roulettes are just very unsatisfying for a 60. They really need to adjust the rewards. Also an added benefit is it would help people practice the various forms of mechanics in raids.

Lastly, they are adjusting the CT series so that more people go into it, its very much in the realm of possibility that they will scale it down to 8 60's. In fact making it rain money is probably not even enough to get people to go back into these horrifying places again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sparktacus; 10-09-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eva Earlong
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    What's the point in doing things like the boc and crystal tower. I can see people skipping over that roulette. At least I would knowing that that gear is obsolete.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kogasan; 10-09-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast