Player
    Character
    Cerebold Law
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Wanderer's Palace boss strategy discussion

Just beat the Tonberry King, and from what I can tell the first phase is add pops > Rancor > Everybody's Rancor, while the second phase is just a race to get his HP down before everyone gets owned.
    Has anyone tried doing the first phase sleeping/kiting the Tonberry adds, but keeping them alive so the king can't stack rancor? Towards the end of my fight he used his move without any rancor and it didn't do much (Other times I had buffs coming out of my wazoo and he still lowered me to a couple hundred HP). Just a theory, let me know if you have any other ideas!

Also does anyone know if the flan boss has a strategy? it just seemed like an aoe'n'kite fight as soon as the adds popped, we beat it on the third try but it just felt like luck.

ALSO! Both are really challenging and fun fights, good work SE!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Drakkar Blackrage
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    From what i can see on the Flan boss the first set of adds you down the White first so he doesnt slow the person targeted. The second time he pops adds he has a blue add that will heal. We had the tank focus the blue add and stun/silent it from casting cure while everyone else focused down the white. They seemed to be the only two we had to worry about. Just had first attempt at the Tonberry King. Have yet to beat him.

EDIT:

Just ran it again and Beat TonberryKing First try. Seems to really be a gear check boss. The easiest way i have seen so far is really just a tank and spank with the adds being cleaned up by the 2 DPS. I have also heard of leaving just 1 Tonberry alive so that all the hate goes in one and not the king, leaving him to hit a lot less hard. The Kill order of the flan that we found successful seems to be White -> Blue -> Yellow *Yellow doesnt spawn till about the 3rd or 4th set of adds and casts stone skin on the boss flan* Either way, Great dungeon, lots of fun.
    (3)
    Last edited by Drakkar; 08-29-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    For the Tonberry king, we just had a burst DPS (Archer) dedicated to controlling the adds. He would kill three and aggro the rest, then wait for the stacks to be consumed, and kill another three.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirol Blackgate
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Boss Flan will spawn Adds after 20 seconds (or set HP of 90% or so?) and then spawn them (and with more adds) every minute thereafter. Shortly after spawning these adds, each of which will perform a different role in battle, the boss will enter a 'rage' mode, whereby it will select a random party member other than the tank and chase after them for a set period of time. Any remaining minions will also chase after the targeted player.
    The boss flan cannot be stunned, though it can be bound. This seems to help a lot, so the targeted player should sprint and kite the mobs while it's still in rage mode. Any other DD players should still fight the adds before resuming on the boss.
    Upon exiting the rage mode, the boss and any other targets will perform a Circular attack, so try and avoid it.
    White flan will slow the targeted player, blue flan will heal other flans, green flan seems to paralyze the target, and I'm not sure on the others.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirol Blackgate
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    P.s. A sacpull from the start is a viable option. No pets out! Just get the tank to run through to the goobue and die on the left while the other players run to the right. Raise the tank, and fight the boss. Don't forget to pick up the treasure on the way!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Absu Sahn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Could someone explain the Tonberry King fight? I've done it twice, and both times we're kind of winging it. The dps simply killed the adds as they spawned and then switched to the boss.

I tanked him in the middle the whole time. Near the very end of the fight, he would end up one shotting me with hit attack, but the healer just res'd me and we finished the fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bolter Auros
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Did Wanderer's Palace twice as PLD. First time was PLD BRD BRD SCH. Second time was PLD BRD BLM SCH.

For King Tonberry, we tried a few things. Killing some adds and letting him use Everyone's Rancor on me, etc. Eventually we just had me kite him and his MASSIVE tonberry army without touching any of them. I flashed and stopped to combo King now and then, otherwise kept running/Shield Lobbing. DPS were on King the whole time. When the bigger Ton's pop, they just move into the center to stab stab whoever is there. This is where the DPS race occurs to take King down ASAP. Somehow we had less trouble the first time with no DPS limit Break. Second time, BLM used LB just as about 25 tonberries were shanking me, killing the King right after I hit the floor.

Hope this helps!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoth View Post
    Could someone explain the Tonberry King fight? I've done it twice, and both times we're kind of winging it. The dps simply killed the adds as they spawned and then switched to the boss.

I tanked him in the middle the whole time. Near the very end of the fight, he would end up one shotting me with hit attack, but the healer just res'd me and we finished the fight.
    You can run out of range of Everyone's Grudge, but the adds will Heavy you and make it impossible. It's kinda interesting that in this fight the party is protecting the tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sol Rising
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Tonberry king's first phase seems to be giving me trouble. Anyone have any idea just how many mini tonberries to keep on field? or The more you kill just seems to one shot the tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedra Laevatein
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Flan: White (Heavy) -> Blue ( Heal ) -> Purple (Paralyze) -> the rest
    Holy from WHM is a god bless when dealing with adds if you have problem aoe them down. (after 3rd time that summon blue one)

Tonberry King: Control stack at 3 and kite the rest and repeat till end. 4th stack can be done but make sure healer/tank prepare for that. Though 4th stack is not recommended.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast