Player
    Character
    Zemus Asara
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

no master loot for raids?

There does not seem to be master loot option for raids. I was unable to group in beta 4 error 90k so I could not check that. But based on the live letter it would seem that there is not.

Can anyone confirm this.
    If this is true, I must say this is a bad idea. To coordinate who should need/greed or pass inside a guild group could be a PITA. While I think most guild mates will be honest and fair with regards to rolling, there will be those that won't be. Within most guilds there is a trial rank of some sort that has loot rolling restrictions for raids. In addition mistakes happen and people miss click. With master loot this is not a problem.
    I hope there is a system in place that will/can switch loot to the proper character.

EDIT: I could not post until I switched my primary class to lancer, this was silly as I am a level 32 lancer 31 glad regardless if I select arcanist as my main class.
    (3)

Player

Options would be great. Especially if you start a party then take it to duty finder. As it stands now my FC only groups can't even use 'Need' as our idea of fair gear distribution doesn't follow SE's. Not even close. Regardless we are stuck with the game dealing with it.

If I were to venture a guess and take past responses in to account, Yoshi would say something along the lines of 'it would cause too much stress / confusion'. Or 'PS3 icon memory limitations'.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yashnaheen; 08-23-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kaila Mai
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    it seems like an antiquated concept since there is a way now to disburse gear to those that need it and restrict it to those that do not. For those of you who played older MMO, gear would simply drop and everyone would lot on them willy nilly. even before that, you could just loot the lewt and run...(ninja looting).

the only reason i can see this being implemented, or even being needed, is if you did large raids, and gave priority to certain member over others who gets to even lot on the gear. to me, that is such an old concept and counter productive. with class:gear restriction, i don't see a need for this mechanic since only those who can use the item can lot on them as need comes before greed.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sheeoni Xharsay
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldhara View Post

the only reason i can see this being implemented, or even being needed, is if you did large raids, and gave priority to certain member over others who gets to even lot on the gear. to me, that is such an old concept and counter productive. with class:gear restriction, i don't see a need for this mechanic since only those who can use the item can lot on them as need comes before greed.
    This may be antiquated in some ways but there isn't a much better way to handle gear on a large scale where there are multiple people going after the same pieces. Just because you cannot equip it at the time of the dungeon does not mean that you cannot wear or even use the gear. For instance, you may want a whitemage to fill out your party, so someone that normally plays dragoon goes along for the ride as a whm. Then a great piece drops for drg but since that player is on whm, they cannot "need" it even though they really may need it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Don't worry about it, we don't have raids until 2.1 so no need for a master looter option atm. They will probably add it at that time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    Don't worry about it, we don't have raids until 2.1 so no need for a master looter option atm. They will probably add it at that time.
    CT gear is ilvl 80 (although it has been held back), LoB is ilvl 90 (aka Allagan)

+1 for master loot, I don't mind using need before greed personally, but can understand why those who run DPK style points system would want it.

It also seems that the top end gear is purchased from vendors via tokens, there is nothing to say we even need to loot on gear in LoB :S
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinko; 08-24-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Barret Wallace
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    if they add master loot, aka 'quartermaster' later, that's fine, i won't be in those parties.

with the way the system is set up there is absolutely no reason to play on a class or job that i do not want to use or don't enjoy. none.

if i know i want a specific piece of gear for a specific class or job, that's the class or job i enter the instance with.

the gear drops? cool. i get lucky on my roll for it? cool. if i don't get it? i'm pretty sure i'll have another shot at getting the gear; unless the devs take the instance away and i can't do it anymore—which is probably...highly unlikely.

if you're a supporter of DKP and other associated hierarchies? i'm not against it, i just don't see any need for it, beyond imposing unnecessary formality and control on top of a system that already handles loot distribution quite well.

see all my fellow zombies on Balmung tomorrow morning.

AVALANCHE!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Niko Draco
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    when raids comes out, then they will probably add ML
    (0)
    I am GOD! You may not like it, but I have to live with it

Player
    Character
    Stormy Llewellyn
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    If there is no master loot then i wont be raiding with random groups.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaila Mai
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheeoni View Post
    This may be antiquated in some ways but there isn't a much better way to handle gear on a large scale where there are multiple people going after the same pieces. Just because you cannot equip it at the time of the dungeon does not mean that you cannot wear or even use the gear. For instance, you may want a whitemage to fill out your party, so someone that normally plays dragoon goes along for the ride as a whm. Then a great piece drops for drg but since that player is on whm, they cannot "need" it even though they really may need it.
    three things:

1: token based gear acquisition needs no system like this.
    2: people dungeon and duty find with classes they want stuff for, they are restricted for looting for "alt" classes they may not even have leveled (hence the loot:class restriction)
    3: situation where the QM does something different or undesirable to the rest. no one wants that, even if it happens once.

Quote Originally Posted by KidKudzi View Post
    If there is no master loot then i wont be raiding with random groups.
    stealth 4th thing: "random people raiding" scheme is AKA Duty finder.
    (3)
    Last edited by Koldhara; 08-24-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast