Player
    Character
    Angelos Cloudreaver
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

How to unlock Jobs ?

I played FFXIV around V.1 and through alot of changes, after two years I had enough and quit. So the job system was right after me. How do you unlock the classes like paladin , or dragoon etc. And is there any strategy I should employ to take on the quests. FYI : I typically avoid groups, and solo most stuff if possible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dahc Lumans
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    unlocking jobs require lvling you main class to lvl 30 and its linked cross class to lvl 15 for example for BLM job i had to have 30 in THM and 15 in Pug and LNC i belive they changed it to only needing 1 cross class to lvl 15 in order for you to get the job quest. once you have to appropriate lvls you can go an pick up the first job quest complete that quest and you get your Soul Crystal which then can be equiped once equipped it changes you to that job. this is a rough translation of how to go about it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taiwaz Myrelic
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunflyboy View Post
    unlocking jobs require lvling you main class to lvl 30 and its linked cross class to lvl 15 for example for BLM job i had to have 30 in THM and 15 in Pug and LNC i belive they changed it to only needing 1 cross class to lvl 15 in order for you to get the job quest. once you have to appropriate lvls you can go an pick up the first job quest complete that quest and you get your Soul Crystal which then can be equiped once equipped it changes you to that job. this is a rough translation of how to go about it
    Just wondering where this info is located. I've been trying to find a location and can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teepo Egoist
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    That's how it was in 1.0. There isn't any info in 2.0 about this yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blood Lotus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I'm going to assume it's the same as 1.0 and your class guild will offer a "Talk to this person" quest to get you on the right track. Do your class guild quests and I'd bet you gil it'll lead you straight to your job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coyu Muer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 24
    sorry to spam this thread but i'm currently unable to start a thread. So i'm trying to find the Quest after Underneath the Sultantree.. anyone know how to get the the follow on Main Scenario quest?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Connal Fearon
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    As someone who just unlocked Monk I can explain it:

Once you have the requirements met for the job you want (30 of main 15 of sub) you have to complete your MAIN class quest at 30. After you complete it you will see a guild receptionist that has a quest for you. Complete it, and you get the stone for the job. For a complete list of sub classes needed...here ya go.

Bard = 30 Archer / 15 Pugilist
    Summoner = 30 Arcanist / 15 Thaumaturge
    Scholar = 30 Arcanist / 15 Conjurer
    Dragoon = 30 Lancer / 15 Marauder
    Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer
    White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist
    Monk = 30 Pugilist / 15 Lancer
    Warrior = 30 Marauder / 15 Gladiator
    Paladin = 30 Gladiator / 15 Conjurer

Or at least I think this is right.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kishin Leviktus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    When you become your preferred job, does it somehow inform you what classes you can use skills from? Cross class skills? During beta the Legacy players said for example: In order to be a Dragoon you need 30LNC and 15PUG. Once you become a LNC you can use all the skills of LNC and only the shared skills of the PUG. No other classes. However the system has obviously changed. Dragoon requires MRD now instead of PUG but I hear from people that you can keep all LNC skills and use any cross skills from MRD and PUG. Just seems like a crazy amount of info that isnt available to me at the moment. Does all this come to light when you get your job crystal? New to the game so forgive me if this question is answered else where. Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cypher Poole
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm not sure that there is any info in game about which cross class spells you can use on which class/job. They show up in your additional actions window after you get them on the secondary class. Of course, that doesn't help much when you need to get to level 36 or something to try it out.

Fortunately, there are online resources that show you what classes and jobs and use abilities cross class. Check out xivdb.com Each ability lists what classes and jobs can use it.

Edit: Actually I just realized that the tooltips for each ability tells you which classes/jobs can use it.
    (0)
    Last edited by GefilteFish; 08-29-2013 at 12:45 AM.