Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

Kill credit as an Arcanist

As an Arcanist, it's extremely difficult to participate in a kill.

I'm level 32, so I've participated in many "kill X mobs" quests and when competing with DoW classes the mob often will die before Ruin even finishes casting -- let alone enough repeated actions to qualify for credit.

Often, I've had to resort to tagging mobs with Bio and letting Topaz Carbuncle tank them as others kill them.

This is, of course, something easily remedied by forming a party but rare is the case that others accept the invite.

I haven't a suggestion short of making Ruin instant cast or Bio deal an initial amount of damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zafeira Zhalwann
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I just take it slow and make sure I have a stack or two of Aetherflow queued up. Energy drain seems to do the trick combined with a Bio and Aero if you have it.

If you're fast about it you could Swiftcast a Ruin or Miasma too
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The main problem is a lot of our damage is via DoT spells, which means our damage is cut short when mobs die insanely fast. Our sole nukes are ruin, which is half the damage of any other nuke out there, and Energy Drain, which requires stacks to do. Hence, you either need to keep some stacks handy, or be lucky enough to tag a mob (In which case you get credit regardless of damage dealt. Bio's good for that)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Gladiators/Paladins also have this problem. Two Shield Lobs isn't enough to earn me quest credit when a mob dies withing 4 seconds. The only way I could quest properly in busy zones is to invite everyone in the immediate area. Same with hunting logs. I could tag a mob with Shield Lob, the mobs dies even before my GCD is up, and I get no credit.

Thankfully a lot of other people seem to have the same problem, and lately more and more people are accepting ad-hoc invites when everyone else are also clearly camping for the same mobs.

Which brings up the question of why mobs respawn so slowly when each one dies withing 3~4 seconds of spawning and there's like 10 players in the immediate vicinity. I suppose it's to avoid mob grinding...
    (0)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway