Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Frosted Blakes
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Oh goodness! I didn't even have to reinstall windows 7! For you pc users, I had ZoneAlarm installed. I just turned it off just to try, and it finally booted up for me. I'm just uninstalling that firewall now.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Commander Kokuyo
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Some things that can solve the problem: 1. Uncheck the case "Read Only" in the Properties of your Square-Enix and My Games/Final Fantasy XIV: ARR folders 2. Run as administrator 3. Use compatiblity mode to XP.

Check your folders and make sure that the read only option is not ticked if its ticked untick it and apply
    This fixed it for me. From this Reddit comment. I started experiencing this version check issue after switching from FiOS to Comcast. Doing these steps fixed the problem. I'm guessing it needed to update IP and MAC info?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kokuyo; 01-11-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Keit Suru
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 35
    i dont know if someone found/said/did what i did, but for me this problem was cause due to a PC crash and it seem that the version file got corrupted in the process. Since in my case, i got the msg error after i login (user/password correct) so i decided to check the game version file (...SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxivgame.ver) and notice that it was empty O.o, so i look for the correct version (like this 2014.02.01.0000.0001), close the client, edit it with notepad, paste it in the file, save it and launch the game again (if that's the last update it ll just show you the play button otherwise it ll start downloading the patches after that version).
    I hope it's clear and can be of help.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Templeton Shepard
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 22

Resolved Issue

Hello,

I have tried most of the suggestion previously but didnt work, so i tried one last option and it worked,

I disabled my Wireless connection and plugged in an Ethernet cable directly to my router and the problem was fixed

(( i also had the same problem with STEAM and used the same fix ))
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'isha Tahari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 51
    I am getting Unable to complete version check. 30410 30607 20457 404

Contacted Square Enix support... Not expecting results as most of the time the answers I get from them are vague at best.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that this thread was started summer of last year and hasn't been fixed yet.. what's going on?

KDDI Highspeed wireless Internet Osaka, Japan
    (0)
    Last edited by Aytri; 02-21-2014 at 12:53 AM.
    -Aytri Siv'ari

Player
    Character
    Tayazon Fargaze
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 42
    Try disabling any adblock program/addon your using.

Few days ago i decided to try adblock plus (addon for firefox). When i have it activated the ffxiv launcher is acting really weird. It takes ages to load the boxes in which you enter your login info and things like that.
    Just today it gave me the error message this topic is about. Since the only change to my system revently was installing the adblock i turned it off and tadaaa: launcher works fine again.

hope that helped

cheers Ty
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I have this issue, However, i also use multiple HDDs, i shifted the XIV installation from my windows drive over to a different storage drive and ran it from there, ran into a single error about an "Account-gate" url, then closed the window.

Ran the Launcher again, no errors, began downloading patch as normal. Will update to say if i managed to log in.

EDIT: I have managed to log in fully.
    Second Edit: Moved XIV back to its original location, still works fine now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sylve; 02-21-2014 at 05:42 AM. Reason: EDIT: login update.

Player
    Character
    Aoife Meabh
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Getting same issue

"Unable to complete version check. [30410][30607][20457][404]"

Worked fine yesterday after I downloaded the newest patch, and log on this evening to a new downloading patch and now I can't log in. >_<
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xendra Seraphim
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30

Resolved!

OK guys, I hit this issue on a brand new Windows 8.1 install. I tried all the things mentioned in this thread and nothing worked for me, IE Run as Admin, Read-only, reset router, release/renew IP, disable firewall etc

I then started to open some of the files (using Notepad) to check out the contents and these are the 2 important ones I believe.

C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.ver

C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxivgame.ver

My ffxivboot.ver was reporting this version number

However my ffxivgame.ver was blank. I copied the version number and pasted it into ffxivgame.ver and saved it. I then ran up the launcher and my game started downloading a 657mb patch with February dates, so after the 2014.01.18 my version number was reporting. Once it finished download/updating these I could play.

Hope this helps someone, judging from the number of posts there are obviously numerous reasons for this error to pop.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Inspector Gadget
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    Was helping my niece with the this problem on her laptop, tried all the methods mentioned and the one that worked was running malware scan and squashing 30+ bugs. Didn't bother to check which one was causing the problem. After that it went straight to log in screen, log in and started patching. Unfortunately, wasn't able to finish the patch cause I forgot to take the power cable -_- and so battery went poof...
    So, try all the methods cause one might work for one but not the other.
    (0)

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast