Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Devlin Monroe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 41
    I'm pretty useless at making macros. Anyone able to help me out (assuming its possible) to do:

Make it show stone 2 global cool down
    Cleric stance on
    Cast stone 2 on targets target
    Cleric stance off

Or is that too much for a macro?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zana Anbolho
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It would be

/micon "Stone II"
    /ac "Cleric Stance"
    /ac "Stone II" <tt>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Cleric Stance"

You'd have to be careful though, you can get mixed up with whether or not Cleric Stance is on if Stone II doesn't cast for some reason like the mob dies or your not in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    I'm pretty useless at making macros. Anyone able to help me out (assuming its possible) to do:

Make it show stone 2 global cool down
    Cleric stance on
    Cast stone 2 on targets target
    Cleric stance off

Or is that too much for a macro?
    (4)
    Last edited by SublimeStylee; 08-31-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Devlin Monroe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 41
    Quote Originally Posted by SublimeStylee View Post
    It would be

/micon "Stone II"
    /ac "Cleric Stance"
    /ac "Stone II" <tt>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Cleric Stance"

You'd have to be careful though, you can get mixed up with whether or not Cleric Stance is on if Stone II doesn't cast for some reason like the mob dies or your not in range.
    You are awesome Sublime. Thank you!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vetinari Vhayne
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm unfortunately not very macro-savvy, but maybe someone here can help me out a bit.

Basically, I prefer to keep my Tank as my main target for ease of healing. Is it possible to have a few attack skills in a macro that will target his target, but without me losing my Tank as my focus?

So in short : Quickly cast miasma en bio (or Stone and Aero) on my tank's target, while staying on the tank to continue healing.

This is what I have (theorycrafted - can't try it yet since I'm at work) so far :

/micon "Miasma"
    /ac "Miasma" <tt>
    /ac "Miasma" <t>
    /wait 2
    /ac "bio" <tt>
    /ac "bio" <t>

If I'm not mistaken, the above would cast Miasma and Bio on my Tank's target while still keeping my Tank as my main target. If I don't have my tank as focus, it would simply cast Miasma and Bio on my enemy target. Can anyone confirm and/or improve please? Thanks in advance!
    (1)
    Last edited by Vhayne; 08-31-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kuen Kokowato
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhayne View Post
    /micon "Miasma"
    /ac "Miasma" <tt>
    /ac "Miasma" <t>
    /wait 2
    /ac "bio" <tt>
    /ac "bio" <t>
    Absolutely correct, I have the same macro set up with Bio II thrown in there. I'd honestly change the macro icon to whatever the last skill is in your macro, as that will tell you when you can use all abilities in said macro.
    (1)

Player

I'm using a controller on pc and coming from 8 years of ffxi. Is the <st> (Select Target) macro gone? While using <st> you could just use up and down on the d-pad to scroll the the party list and choose who you would like to heal. I haven't done any macro's yet but I plan on doing them soon (takes me forever). Is there a list of all the macro commands some where?

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayne View Post
    /micon "Miasma"
    /ac "Miasma" <tt>
    /ac "Miasma" <t>
    /wait 2
    /ac "bio" <tt>
    /ac "bio" <t>

If I'm not mistaken, the above would cast Miasma and Bio on my Tank's target while still keeping my Tank as my main target. If I don't have my tank as focus, it would simply cast Miasma and Bio on my enemy target. Can anyone confirm and/or improve please? Thanks in advance!
    Wouldn't it be better to use "Bio" first as it's an instant cast and then use /wait .5 or /wait 1?
    (0)
    Last edited by jayquik03; 09-01-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vetinari Vhayne
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuenaimaku View Post
    Absolutely correct, I have the same macro set up with Bio II thrown in there. I'd honestly change the macro icon to whatever the last skill is in your macro, as that will tell you when you can use all abilities in said macro.
    Cool, thanks Kuenaimaku.
    Don't have Bio II yet, but was planning on putting that in there as well once I have it. Will make it a lot easier to spread DoTs using Bane if needed too, as well as save some space on my already slightly cluttered hotbar (don't like switching hotbars mid-combat).
    I assume it's just simply adding the following lines after it :
    /wait 3
    /ac "Bio 2" <tt>
    /ac "bio 2" <t>

Good call on the cooldown icon, gonna alter it like you suggested.

Thanks again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tersia Nysus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Is it possible to set a mod key to focus? So that as long as I am holding down, say, right alt key I will heal my focus and otherwise I will heal my current target. Something of an old habit for me from my WOW healing days I would like to be able to do again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vetinari Vhayne
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by jayquik03 View Post
    While using <st> you could just use up and down on the d-pad to scroll the the party list and choose who you would like to heal. I haven't done any macro's yet but I plan on doing them soon (takes me forever). Is there a list of all the macro commands some where?
    Maybe i'm mis-understanding your intention here; Can't we always use up/down d-pad to cycle through party members?

You can google AFFXIV ARR macro and find several lists online. No idea if we can post links from other website, but I find this one pretty usefull http://erals.guildwork.com/forum/thr...ith-extra-fish

You are correct about the instant cast Bio, but I prefer to have both Miasma and Bio hit at pretty much the same time. Gives the tank a bit of leeway in gathering aggro (before my pet joins in as well) and Bio has the shortest duration of all DoTs, so it seemed more efficient to me this way. I suppose it's personal preference though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zana Anbolho
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tersia View Post
    Is it possible to set a mod key to focus? So that as long as I am holding down, say, right alt key I will heal my focus and otherwise I will heal my current target. Something of an old habit for me from my WOW healing days I would like to be able to do again.
    Don't think there are modifiers within the macros themselves but you can just duplicate your healing action bar but with <focus> as the target and set the bindings for that bar to alt+button. If you don't want a duplicate bar on screen you can hide that one and it will still work.
    (0)

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast