Player
    Character
    Mikoko Miko
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60

toggle additional actions for SCH/AST

toggle "Cleric Stance" (for PvE) and "Surecast" (for PvP)
    /mlock
    /aaction "Cleric Stance"
    /aaction "Surecast"
    /aaction "Cleric Stance"

toggle ["Blizzard II", "Aero"] -> ["Stoneskin", "Aero"] -> ["Blizzard II", "Stoneskin"] -> ...
    /mlock
    /aaction "Blizzard II"
    /aaction "Stoneskin"
    /aaction "Blizzard II"
    /aaction "Stoneskin"
    /aaction "Aero"
    /aaction "Stoneskin"
    /aaction "Aero"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ani Celestine
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Question: is there a command to cancel Cleric Stance via macro? I'd like to add such a line to (probably) all of my heals, as I have a bad habit of not turning it off when I need to.
    The only way I believe is either clicking the Cleric Stance skill or having it as a skill in a macro to which I'd say Don't do it. Since in this game there is no if/then/else macros example would be something like this:

"if Clericstane=1 then use "Cleric stance", "Cure" target:target/mouseover; else use "cure" target:target/mouseover.
    Note that that coding language is entirely made up if anyone bitches about it.

As for my contribution to the macros:

/micon "Embrace" Pet "Eos"
    /pac "Embrace" <mo>

It seems like nowwadays the fairy won't heal anyone else if you only have this in the macro if there is no mouseover target, I swear that when I was maining my sch for a little while in 2.2 the fairy would had just cast a heal on herself if there was no mouseover target.

And then I have

/micon "Summon"
    /ac "Summon"
    /hotbar remove 1 1
    /hotbar remove 1 2
    /hotbar remove 1 4
    /hotbar pet "Fey Covenant" 1 1
    /hotbar pet "Whispering Dawn" 1 2
    /hotbar pet "Fey Illumination" 1 4
    And same with summon 2 and seen skills
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mikoko Miko
    World
    Ultima
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60

toggle focustarget between <2> and <3>

I mainly target an enemy and focustarget a tank. I use a macro to toggle focustarget between <2> and <3>. If <f> == <3> or <f> is empty then /focustarget <2> else /focustarget <3>.

/ta <2>
    /ta <3>
    /ta <f>
    /tlt
    /focustarget
    /tle

Since I didn't need to toggle in a light party, I made another macro. If in a full party and <f> == <2> then /focustarget <3> else /focustarget <2>.

/ta <3>
    /ta <2>
    /ta <f>
    /tlt
    /ta <f>
    /tlt
    /ta <8>
    /tlt
    /ta <2>
    /tlt
    /ta <8>
    /tlt
    /focustarget
    /tle
    (0)
    Last edited by Mikoko_Miko; 10-02-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Timitar Darrel
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 16
    Hello, I'm Warlic, I took a break for a few years, and just got back into the game. I was wondering if you can assign macros for group heals, and if so how would you write the commands to execute such commands. I've seen a lot of self heals and target of target heals but no group heals macros
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlic View Post
    I've seen a lot of self heals and target of target heals but no group heals macros
    I'm confused as to what you're asking for. Medica, Helios, Succor, and the host of AoE oGCD actions are targetless actions; you don't need a macro for them--just push the button. Cure III is a single target spell with splash, so use <mo> or whatever you use for your single target heals. Ground target AoEs like Asylum and Earthly Star can be centered on a target with <mo><t><anyothertargettag>.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'm amazed that people are still using, and even worse, suggesting multi-target macros. Have SE changed how macros work recently or are people just throwing out bad advice?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HachiHero View Post
    Hi all, first post, anyway...

I've been having an issues with my mouse over macros where I myself am being healed instead of the target. I know some other people have been having an issue as well, and a few quick google searches show me that either to have <mo> on its own, or remove anything like <t> or <me>.

I don't want to have to outright get rid of it since I love mouse over game play. I'm including the macro I currently use and maybe after seeing it someone can give me some sort of suggestion other then what I found via google:

/micon "Cure"
    /ac "Cure" <mo>
    /ac "Cure" <focus>
    /ac "Cure" <t>
    I JUST posted about this. Don't use multi-target macros. You can't guarantee target order and as a result your heal will fallback to healing you instead (when it doesn't outright heal the wrong target).

Your macro should just be the <mo> action and you will never have that issue again.

EDIT: as an FYI it's the same for multi-action macros. So swifcast + rez can fail in just the same way and try to raise without using swifcast.
    (0)
    Last edited by EaMett; 05-14-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EaMett View Post
    I JUST posted about this. Don't use multi-target macros. You can't guarantee target order and as a result your heal will fallback to healing you instead (when it doesn't outright heal the wrong target).

Your macro should just be the <mo> action and you will never have that issue again.

EDIT: as an FYI it's the same for multi-action macros. So swifcast + rez can fail in just the same way and try to raise without using swifcast.
    Not all multi target macros fail.

I'm on controller, so mo isnt an option.
    I instead use target and target of target for dps spells, so that I can tab through the party list for heals and not worry about the target of my dps spells, they simply go off on whoever the tank (usually) is targetting.
    So of course, you can't cast stone on a party member...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    Mutli target macros for healing actions are always a bad idea, because of the way heals are programmed to coerce self targeting. This feature is there to facilitate healing during solo play, but causes problems in party play.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post

I'm on controller, so mo isnt an option.
    I instead use target and target of target for dps spells, so that I can tab through the party list for heals and not worry about the target of my dps spells, they simply go off on whoever the tank (usually) is targetting.
    So of course, you can't cast stone on a party member...
    As Rongway stated, I assumed healing because macros for dps should be a no go from the start since they don't queue and you end up taking a serious dps hit. (and that's basically 90% of your uptime)

Basically:

- Don't macro your main dps skills
    - Don't multi-target healing skills
    - Don't multi-action (or make sure you understand exactly what you're doing and how macros work with the GCD)

Yeah doesn't paint a good picture for FF14 macros. They still have a lot of uses though for UI customisation, markers, some single target skills, etc.
    (0)

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26