Player
    Character
    Asklow Nord
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25

Is it possible to rename chocobos and retainers?

Hello all! Now I usually hesitate to ask things like this, but I had just received my chocobo earlier and I was wondering if you can rename him? Looking through the menus I couldn't find anything that would do the trick so can it be done? In my haste I chose a name I thought I'd like but now am having second thoughts. Also what about the retainers?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Names seem to be permanent in game, although they might release a paid service or some sort of service that lets you name change. WoW brought that service into the game, so I wonder if we might get it here. They are bringing out an item for a gender change (appearance change) with Veteran rewards. You might have to wait and see.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asklow Nord
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    Well that's a bummer. I was hoping if I had progressed far enough into the game I would somehow be giving the option to do. Particularly after the point where you earn the trait to summon him in battle.

If not it's no big deal; It's just happens to be slightly irritating is all. Anyways it would be nice if they do allow it eventually as I figured I cannot be the only person wishing to do so. Most likely I will have wait to see what the future holds with my fingers crossed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Muffie Steel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 27
    I'm pretty sure you can. If you go to a chocobo porter, or at least the chocobo hire guy, you can rename your chocobo.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Red Demon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I went to my choboco porter in New Gridinia and I could rename my choboco
    (1)
    Red: Archer, Bard
    For awhile, I thought it was love.

Player
    Character
    Asklow Nord
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    I don't know how I missed it but I did. All I had to do was speak with the chocobo porter again. Since I had joined the Flames I could do it in Ul'dah though I'm not too sure about the other provinces. I can't check either as it is looking like I will not be receiving my physical copy sometime after the holiday weekend. Still nice that you can none the less.
    (0)