Player
    Character
    Doy Umyoyoyu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 50

This is my free two weeks?

Posting here, because apparently I have to be a higher level to have an opinion on any other thread.

I just installed this game yesterday. I was one of the original collector's edition purchasers. Imagine my shock to see that my free two week decision period about whether they have fixed this game or not started 4 days before I even started playing.

That in itself is BS, but I can't even log in today, and this counts too. This is very disrespectful to customers. I would hope that you guys would at least make it 14 days of time actually played.

Stop trying to screw us. We didn't screw up your game. We waited, patiently, and I really do want to give this game a second chance. If this is how I can be expected to be treated as a customer, I am having real qualms to signing up for a subscription service.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mio Takane
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 35
    You get four weeks if you bought the game from the time you register it. 2 weeks if you're returning from the 27th.

Our free time will be extended due to server difficulties. More info on that to come.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doy Umyoyoyu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 50
    I have my original collector's edition box right here. When I reactivated my account yesterday it said 11 days worth of free time left. Your facts may wrong or they are just trying to screw me personally, but in either case its messed up.I hope you are right about this down time not counting towards my free time, but I don't believe you. They counted days I didn't have an active account.

This message isn't for you. This message is for SE who may be wondering whether they are winning over people they angered the first time. I'm not complaining about down servers, I understand stuff happens during launch, but I don't want to be taxed my "decision time" while not playing, before I reactivated my account, and after. Don't be looking for me to make a subscription. I was already burned once by this company. After you have screwed people once, you don't win them over by starting off screwing them again. Charging free time for days I didn't have an account is screwing us.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evelus Cordwyk
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    Just to clarify some things, nowhere does it say in any Square Enix related releases that the Welcome Back Campaign for previously registered players gives you 2 weeks of free game time it states that "Players will be able to play Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn for free until September 9th." That means it is 2 weeks IF you started playing when it launched. You get exactly what Square said they were giving which is free time until Sept. 9th, just like every other Welcome Back participant. Please learn to read and understand things, and stop taking things personally, although funny to read it's a completely and utterly misinformed opinion. Also the post above is correct Yoshi has stated that there will be some recompense for people who have been having login issues with some sort of extended time. GL HF Thank God I'm not on your server .
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Doy Umyoyoyu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 50
    Ok, you are right, I didn't understand their plan, and thank you for explaining it. I can admit when I was misinformed. I was going off information my friend told me, who said "you get two free weeks", I should have checked more into it.

That said,I don't understand the need for people to become defensive towards anyone who has a critique of this company. I too want the game to be a hit. I am a fan of the series. Pardon me for having some expectations of common decency from this company who has screwed us over once.

I still stand by my disappointment that this is how they are giving us a chance to find out how they did to fix things. As stated the post by karari , if you buy the game you get 4 weeks, but those unlucky enough to experience it the first time only get until this specified time? I don't like it. That is my opinion. So I stand by my critique. Defend them with your low expectations all you want to, it wont win them anymore subscriptions than your own.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fengor Nurindall
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Norps View Post
    That said,I don't understand the need for people to become defensive towards anyone who has a critique of this company. I too want the game to be a hit. I am a fan of the series. Pardon me for having some expectations of common decency from this company who has screwed us over once.
    People tend to become overly defensive when the person offering the critique initially does so in an angry and hostile manner; it doesn't exactly plant the seeds for a pleasant discussion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carn Astrael
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 77
    We understand that if we are new, we get what new players get..if you were around before you get whet they give legacy players, they try to be fair to everyone and are doing their very best to work with a huge demand that was unanticipated. If you want to read what Yoshi San the Producer said read here for several of his messages which all indicate that they will do all they can to help us out in this tough time for us all, old and new...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...age-from-Yoshi
    (0)
    ディレクターとリード管理
    3Dワールド、ゲーム開発者グループLinkedInの
    "我々は世界を構築する"

Director and Lead Adnim
    3D World and Game Developers Group
    "We Build Worlds"

Player
    Character
    Egwene Al'vere
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Personally I don't like the treatment of people who bought 1.0. Not only was it more expensive than the current game (paid $70 for me 1.0 CE), but they decided not to give us early access unless we stuck with the game for the year it was free, and paid for three months on top of that.

That being said, A Realm Reborn is a great game - I just wish I was able to play it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Ishikawa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches View Post
    Personally I don't like the treatment of people who bought 1.0. Not only was it more expensive than the current game (paid $70 for me 1.0 CE), but they decided not to give us early access unless we stuck with the game for the year it was free, and paid for three months on top of that.

That being said, A Realm Reborn is a great game - I just wish I was able to play it.
    We got the game for free, we got free time, we got free items. This isn't Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 anymore, it's actually a fully made new game, so I'm happy with it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengor View Post
    People tend to become overly defensive when the person offering the critique initially does so in an angry and hostile manner; it doesn't exactly plant the seeds for a pleasant discussion.
    It also doesn't help when the stuff he is complaining about has been widely advertised, including the free period dates. The only thing worth complaining about is not being able to play eating up your free time, which is going to be extended by about the same time he would have been able to play.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast