Player
    Character
    Don Katsu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Metacritic Reviews

So I felt compelled to go on Metacritic and give this game a 10 to offset the masses of idiots giving it a 0 for server issues. (I would honestly give it a 9.5 though)

Think about it, people are down rating a game for a TEMPORARY problem.

Also the original game only had 50 positive reviews and 150 negative ones. No matter how much people complain about not being able to login on the number of good reviews will always surpass the bad ones.

Good reviews, more sales = better content for us in the future. SE was not counting on this game receiving as much traffic as it currently is.

So please relax and stop abusing the metacritic scoring system.
    (38)

Player
    Character
    Symphony Dulcet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by zx10r View Post
    Wait a minute.... Paying for something and expecting it to work is considered being "self entitled". I guess in the white Knight dictionary it may be so but for the real world it doesn't work that way.
    The main difference is its an mmo. Name me 1 that has worked problem free on day one of launch.
    Considering people are getting 33 days free (Early access clearly not counting), these so called "fans" are complaining about something that was almost garenteed to happen. The game got good, it got popular..it got REALLY popular. Now factor in the amount of publicity it has, the amount of 1.0 players AND the amount of selfish asshats who refuse to log off when they go to work, out or to bed.

And there you have it, my comment stands.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Anita Rathkamp
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 60
    Well considering alot of people can't even get ON to play it... How could you give this a positive score? And we're not expecting a flawless launch, but being locked out of the game completely? Yeah... Way to run a business. Do you think SE would cut any slack on paying them? What if my sub runs out @ some point, will they take an "I'm sorry" as a few days payment? Highly doubt they'd accept an "I'm sorry" and be happy with it. I paid 80$ for a game i have to WAIT to play. Or play when i'd normally be sleeping. So yeah, no game means a 0 from me as well.
    (12)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zuhra View Post
    The main difference is its an mmo. Name me 1 that has worked problem free on day one of launch.
    Considering people are getting 33 days free (Early access clearly not counting), these so called "fans" are complaining about something that was almost garenteed to happen. The game got good, it got popular..it got REALLY popular. Now factor in the amount of publicity it has, the amount of 1.0 players AND the amount of selfish asshats who refuse to log off when they go to work, out or to bed.

None of the other MMOs had this many issues, and none of them ever resorted to tactics where they locked people out with system errors. Since Phase 4 this server infrastructure has been a disaster.

So because it is an MMO we have to pay and hope we can play??? The reasoning here is astounding!! SWTOR and Rift had flawless launches compared to this one so your argument is void.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Vemi Grande
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuhra View Post
    Considering people are getting 33 days free (Early access clearly not counting), these so called "fans" are complaining about something that was almost guaranteed to happen. The game got good, it got popular..it got REALLY popular. Now factor in the amount of publicity it has, the amount of 1.0 players AND the amount of selfish asshats who refuse to log off when they go to work, out or to bed.

"Guaranteed to happen" If that's the case... If you and many other people can come to that conclusion, then why was this not foreseen, expected, and planned on their end? That crap ain't on the box I bought. If it's happened in a bunch of other MMO's before, why wouldn't you prepare for the worse case scenario etc? Even if you didn't "think" it'd get this much publicity, there should still be precautions made to cover your ass if such situation arises. Learn from other MMO's mistakes. I don't really think there is an excuse for this specific issue. Now rating the game because you can't log-in is dumb, and people who give it a score based on that should be slapped.
    (5)
    Last edited by Droughboi; 08-28-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Iron Maiden
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 23
    While I agree it's getting somewhat blown out of proportion, the people who cannot get in to play (myself included) have a valid point. We paid for a service, and it's not being provided. It's not MY problem that they cannot handle the load. Locking people out of the game is the WRONG answer to this problem, and it's pretty much unprecedented. I have been doing this since Ultima Online, and have never seen a company intentionally prevent it's customers from using the product that they paid for. If they were going to do this they should have warned people ahead of time, but instead they took our money knowing full well that we wouldn't be able to play. Limiting sales would have been a better solution, and it would have accomplished the same thing as locking people out, but of course they want our money.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hiro Hikari
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by zx10r View Post
    None of the other MMOs had this many issues, and none of them ever resorted to tactics where they locked people out with system errors. Since Phase 4 this server infrastructure has been a disaster.

So because it is an MMO we have to pay and hope we can play??? The reasoning here is astounding!! SWTOR and Rift had flawless launches compared to this one so your argument is void.
    Yah SWTOR was flawless if you discount the lack of end game and the hour plus long queue's. sure I won't disagree with you that id rather have an hour long queue then the error screen telling me to come back later. But Zero games I've played with online infrastructures were flawless. Look at Diablo and Simcity. This shit happens, at least with this game ill be forgiving of it as I expected server issues. Simcity and diablo 3 however can still kiss my ass for their errors..
    (6)

Player
    Character
    King Koopa
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    You either like the game and your going to put up with a couple of weeks of server issues or you don't in that case why are you still here? We are not talking about an issue that is unresolvable here... Any game connected to the Internet has the potential to have issues, unless the said issue happens again and again or causes security issues I think its unreasonable to complain.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Haru Miaru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    login issues don't change the fact that this is a good game.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Fei Fenris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Wow.. the people who gave 0's and 1's really didn't give the game a chance, at all. I don't see how any rational or sensible person can rate a game 0 simply because of initial release server issues. The game itself is very optimized, and I mean even my crappy laptop can run this game on Standard and play just fine with everyone. I've been having problems with payments and have been locked out before but I don't see how that warrants the game a 0 score. Smells like trolls.
    (9)
    Are you an internet e-thug?

I laugh cause you fake. CX

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast