Character
    Reenie Spellbinder
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Howling Eye (Garuda) L44 Tips!

Tips.

Tank her next to the back rock. She will Tp to the side to cast a beam wave of death, stand behind one of the 4 rocks.

Continue tanking/dps in the corner. She will spawn adds to destroy your rocks. There 1-2 shots mobs so down them FAST Rinse repeat once more.

She will now Tp to the middle. Keep attacking tanking her. More adds will spawn, kill em. She will now TP to the middle again! Get behind ANY remaining rocks and TANK USE YOUR DEFENSE limit break!. If your whole group has more then 80% hp you will all tank the blast rocks or not (as long as tank limit breaks).

Now she will cast a vortex around the outside of the map. stay in the inner circle. More adds, kill em. She will now TP to the outside edge where u cant attack her. She will target the tank with a wave blast. Everyone healers and dps stand on the opposite side from the tank and it will miss you. Now dps her down some more.

(by this point u should have a 2nd limit break. DPS USE IT)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Naami Nyree
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    This is pretty accurate
    I will add that when she does the big aoe, everyone should stay on top of each other in the same rock so the WHM can Cure 3 and heal everyone (dunno about SCH)
    Also, the last part isnt quite right... The way it works is she targets the half of the circle closest to where she teleported, not the tank, so basically, stand on the opposite half

When I did this yesterday everyone was new to it so we had to figure out every mechanic, wiped about 6 times before we finally made it, but damn it was so much fun... Hardest fight in the game yet, I cant imagine how Hard and Extreme would be
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Anna Nishikinomiya
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Thank you very much. I just reached this part on my main quest and I'm pretty anxious about it. This information really helps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hidden Dragon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    my lack of decent high potency aoe is really hurting me here, every time we get to the last phase, no matter how much i heal the tank they still die, i don't know what i'm doing wrong
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Koga Dragontaker
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    As a tank I'd also like to add in that she is the first fight that I can think of that has a cone/frontal AOE (something stream, forget) that can and needs to be dodged that does not give a red box (i.e., you have to pay attention to the cast bar not the ground) As MMO tank its how I am used to doing things, but I have gotten lazy due to all the boxes in this game, and this is the first time it has come to my attention that you need to move out of the way w/o a box. Tanks who have just started MMO tanking and are used to the boxes as it is the only way they have ever done it may not even realize think about being able to dodge the stream move.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    We managed to defeat this with a PLD WHM and two Summoners:

We stack loads of DoTs on Garuda and when the feathers pop use BANE, then Sic your Egis on them while you keep hitting Garuda. Also, Fester hits Garuda for 400 each. Also with Summoners you can Sprint around the field because you don't use TP. Makes escaping death easy!

Good stuff! Be sure to tank her away from the rocks so her attacks don't hit them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I had an issue with this today. I learned everything but the last part where she targets the tank, except she targeted me 3 times in a row :x is it an aggro thing?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raito Izumi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by quickshot10101 View Post
    She will now TP to the middle again! Get behind ANY remaining rocks and TANK USE YOUR DEFENSE limit break!.
    The damage of this move depends on amount of damage feathers did to rocks. It is unavoidable so hiding wont save anyone. Scholar shields help mitigate damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Papa Steel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    If you're struggling to dps the final wave of feathers down in time before she uses the last blast at about 15%, you can also survive the full-on blast without the protection of a rock thanks to the tank limit.
    (0)