Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Duty Finder - Kick option or stop mixing legacy/non-legacy servers

We leveled to 50 quickly with the intent of having an easy time running dungeons for gear, because normally, the players who reach max level quickly are all good players.

Due to legacy players, this is not the case. We're having a really hard time with legacy players who are 50, but extremely bad.

Roughly 2/3 of our tanks cannot hold threat off of the healer, let alone the DPS. They do not make any attempt to avoid damage. One of them kept using limit break on cooldown, not even during bosses.
    About 1/3 of our healers just mash Cure, without using Cure II or Medica to adapt to the situation.

When we do get in parties with other good players, they always comment on how good the group is, and complain about their previous groups, so there are evidently a lot of really bad DPS, as well.

It's so bad that we're just leaving the dungeon and taking the 15 minute waiting period, because these players are performing so poorly that it isn't worth staying.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jean Maller
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    What a rude and pathetic thread, want my feedback, I usually demand to get rid of opinionated elitist kids such as yourself from dungeons; where are your friends if you are so grrreeat?
    (51)

Player
    Character
    Franz Wyght
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenn View Post
    because normally, the players who reach max level quickly are all good players.
    I have to disagree with you completely. Most of the time they're people with way too much free time, or exploiters (even though they often deny that what they do is an exploit), and that's on top of being elitists. So when you meet other elitists who don't play games for fun, throw out friend requests, form a free company together, switch servers. Then you can have own little insular group that can talk about how great you are. As a bonus, the rest of us don't have to put up with your vitriol when we haven't min-maxed enough to please you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrek View Post
    What a rude and pathetic thread, want my feedback, I usually demand to get rid of opinionated elitist kids such as yourself from dungeons
    The "great" thing about these elitist snobs? Give it like two weeks and they'll be complaining about how there isn't enough endgame content and run off to another mmo.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Stupid idea.... Stop with the anti-legacy crap already.
    (10)
    Last edited by Reika; 08-28-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Misutoraru Valkyrie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    where is the thumb down option?

we are at very early phase of game

many players still learning the Dungeons

if you are so elite, teach them what they have to beware

of

you can simply form your own elite group so you dont have to use the duty finder
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Yenn Sylph
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I'm on a server with a total of three level 50 players. I queue with one of them, but we don't have the option of forming groups.

We've found that queueing for Amdapor Keep is better than Wandering Palace, because the unskilled legacy players are unable to unlock it. Either way, it's kind of a silly problem.
    I was under the impression that champions like Garuda, which are very punishing of single mistakes, were to gate these players off.

The issue is primarily that in order to reach level 50 from scratch, in 2.0, you need to have a good understanding of your class and game mechanics, which comes from various story quests and guildhests. These players completely skipped that. It's almost akin to giving a brand new player level 50 and throwing them into the game. I'm not sure how anyone can defend this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    No, they didn't skip anything. I leveled archanist from level 1 too, and I am a legacy player. You telling me that I don't know wtf to do on arcanist because I am legacy?

And even if Legacy players chose to avoid lvling archanist, every story and sidequest instance and dungeon lvl syncs you, so they have to learn from the start one way or the other. The only lvl50 content that you can apparently skip right to is Wanderer's Palace.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Vladislav Bahamut
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I Legacy player , and idk really what players you met before . I kicked all content that i was Able to do in last few days , that incluted tonn of Dungs . No i still didnt Palace , BUT i did about all Dungs before this (Dzemael was last so AV & Palace left only so i will do them tommorow) . To learn wtf to do in this game - player need spent about 1~day per job ( i played 3~day as paladin only cause playing paladin since 1.0 ) I can tell that 2.0 with content we have now is much easier than content we have before for sure . Dzemael now - 30 min of fun w/o chance of wipe , Dzemael before - 8ppl's , 1 noob mistake on Ogre (that was 1st boss of Dzemael) and all pt wipe ! same for other Dungs lol . I really can't belive that Legacy (if this player was at least mid play style) player can do fail things in 2.0 lol (at least on things that OP posting).
    In conclusion : 2.0 have some diff from 1.0 , but if player played 1.0 well - he will play 2.0 more well for sure lol as all new players .
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Come to JP server then, we never hear of those kind of issue here.
    (2)

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Kat Miku
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenn View Post
    When we do get in parties with other good players, they always comment on how good the group is, and complain about their previous groups, so there are evidently a lot of really bad DPS, as well
    That's the sheep effect and it exists everywhere.
    People tend to complain to other people about how bad their previous group / game was and how much they sucked, thinks it gives them a sense of self esteem.

I seen what I quoted from you in WoW, Rift , League Of Legends, Aion, basically every game that involves needing teamplay with real human beings.
    It says nothing about how ''bad'' their previous group really was , and if they didn't f*cked up a tactic themselves and are looking for a sheep to blame, so they whine to a new group about how terribad the other one was.
    (9)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast