Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

When do you unlock mounts?

Hi, I was just wondering at what level do you get the quest to unlock mounts? I have my CE mount but I can't use him yet, I have joined a GC and I'm working towards the Chocobo that is 2000 seals. Is the GC chocobo the way to unlock all mounts?
    (0)

Character
    Noel Kreiss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If you got the Courel thing, see if you can use the whistle.
    But I believe you need to get your GC Chocobo to able to unlock all teh mountz!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kazer Ark
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Yup!
    Once you unlock the GC chocobo mount you are able to use any of your special mounts as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Awesome thanks for the replies.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spawnie Lionheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    once u join a company u get quest for the chocobo pretty sure it was 2k seals for the licence if remember right ;/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gerhart Drakesbane
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 15
    What about if you are not in a guild? I'm waiting for my friends to join (insert general frustration about them not being able to create characters on the same server) before we create a guild, but I would like to be able to use my CE special mount & have a riding Chocobo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elegance Ebonheart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by UberMunchkin View Post
    What about if you are not in a guild? I'm waiting for my friends to join (insert general frustration about them not being able to create characters on the same server) before we create a guild, but I would like to be able to use my CE special mount & have a riding Chocobo.
    GC(Grand Companies) and FC(Free company/guilds) are different, unless I'm mistaken.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    That's correct, Grand Companies and Free Companies are two different things - Grand Companies are like the volunteer militaries of each nation made up of adventurers (which the player has to join as part of the storyline), where as Free Companies are like traditional MMO Guilds or clans, run by players. Grand Company membership is necessary for the chocobo companion mount, Free Company membership is not.

As for the other mounts, the ones I'm aware of and how to gain them are (please feel free to clarify or add anything I may have missed!):

Grand Company chocobo: purchase 'chocobo issuance' for 2000 grand company seals from the Grand Company Quartermaster at Grand Company HQ (Grand Company membership needed), then complete the quest 'My Little Chocobo' by trading this item to the chocobo handler in that city (doing this also unlocks the ability to ride all other mounts)
    Legacy chocobo: only gained by players of the original version of FFXIV (1.0) who qualified for the Legacy Campaign (this is no longer attainable)
    Goobue: could only be gained for a short time in the original version of FFXIV (1.0) (is now unattainable and will never be offered again)
    Courel: register the item code for it from the Collector's Edition of ARR
    Ahriman: subscribe for 90 days or more of game time
    Magitek armour: gained automatically upon completing the current main storyline
    Unicorn: quested (requires WHM to be already unlocked)
    (1)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 09-03-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Anhea Tayuun
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't recall seeing a quest to join a Grand Company where/how can i get this and is there a level requiment.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gerhart Drakesbane
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 15
    Nice. Ok, I'll look forward to the main quest steering me in that direction.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast