Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

A Relic Reborn Walkthrough

NOTE: This is a bare-bones, spoiler/story free-ish quest guide. Information is compiled from various sources, including bluegartr and people posting on the forum. Credit goes to the people who shared the information. There are still a few variables, so please post if you can flesh out the missing data.

1 - Pre-requisite: Complete Class and Job quests for respective weapon. If you did all job quests in 1.0, you will still need to do them all again regardless of having it already fully unlocked.

2 - Pre-requisite: Complete Main Scenario Quest and unlock access to Amdapor keep (either through dungeon side quests starting with Aurum Vale or through grand company quest after MSQ)

3 - Talk to Nedrick Ironheart in Vesper Bay to start the quest chain

4 - Talk to Rowena in Revenant's Toll

5 - Talk to Gerolt in Hyrstmill

6 - Go to respective Beastmen Stronghold and find 'broken' weapon
    Zaha'rak = PLD, MNK
    Natalan = BRD, DRG
    U'Ghamaro Mines = WAR, WHM, BLM
    Sapsa Spawning Grounds = SCH
    Sylphlands = SMN

7 - Craft/Buy Class weapon and double meld with grade III Materia *see recipe section below*
    PLD = Aeolian Scimitar + 2 Battledance III
    WAR = Barbarian's Bardiche + 2 Battledance III
    MNK = Wilding Cesti + 2 Savage Aim III
    DRG = Champion's Lance + 2 Savage Aim III
    BRD = Longarm's Composite Bow + 2 Heaven's Eye III
    WHM = Madman's Whispering Rod + 2 Quicktongue III
    BLM = Sanguine Scepter + 2 Savage Might III
    SCH = Erudite's Picatrix Of Healing + 2 Quicktongue III
    SMN = Erudite's Picatrix Of Casting + 2 Savage Might III

8 - Obtain Alumina Salts from D'horme Chimera in Coerthas. You must complete this duty as the JOB you are getting the weapon for.

9 - Obtain Amdapoor Glyph from Amdapoor Keep. You must complete this duty as the JOB you are getting the relic for. You get the glyph upon exiting the dungeon. Exchange with Rowena for "Interview with a Padjal"

10 - Slay 24 beastmen in respective stronghold. You must complete this duty as the JOB you are getting the relic for using the UNFINISHED WEAPON.
    PLD = 8x Zahar'ak Lancers, 8x Pugilists, 8x Thaumaturges
    WAR = 8x U'Ghamaro Quarrymen, 8x Roundmen, 8x Bedesmen/Priests
    MNK = 8x Zahar'ak Lancers, 8x Pugilists, 8x Archers
    DRG = 8x Natalan Boldwings, 8x Fogcallers, 8x Swiftbeaks
    BRD = 8x Natalan Boldwings, 8x Fogcallers, 8x Windtalons
    WHM = 8x U'Ghamaro Quarrymen, 8x Bedesmen, 8x Priests
    BLM = 8x U'Ghamaro Quarrymen, 8x Bedesmen, 8x Priests
    SCH = 8x Sapsa Shelfspine, 8x Shelfclaw, 8x Shelftooth
    SMN = 8x Sylpheed Sighs, 8x Screeches, 8x Snarls

11 - Slay Hydra in Halatali. You must complete this duty as the JOB you are getting the relic for and using the UNFINISHED WEAPON.

12 - Obtain White-Hot Ember from Ifrit (Hard). You must complete this duty as the JOB you are getting the relic for.

13 - Obtain Howling Gale from Garuda (Hard). You must complete this duty as the JOB you are getting the relic for.

14 - Obtain Hyperfused Ore from Titan (Hard). You must complete this duty as the JOB you are getting the relic for.

15 - Purchase "Bottle of Radz-at-Han Quenching Oil" for 900 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy

They all require one or more items from the "rare" gathering nodes as well as a special item. These can be obtained from chests in the Wanderer's Palace dungeon. NEW! You can also apparently obtain these items as random rewards for r45 Tradescraft Leves.

Item: Aeolian Scimitar
    Crafter: BSM
    Ingredients: 1x Darksteel Nugget, 1x Blunt Aeolian Scimitar, 1x Basilisk Whetstone

Item: Barbarian's Bardiche
    Crafter: BSM r50
    Ingredients: Darksteel Nugget, 1x Bloody Bardiche Head, 1x Basilisk Whetstone

Item: Champion's Lance
    Crafter: CRP r50
    Ingredients: 1x Spruce Lumber, 1x Bloody Lance Head

Item: Wildling's Cesti
    Crafter: LTW r50
    Ingredients: 1x Darksteel Nugget, 1x Bloody Cesti Covers

Item: Longarm's Composite Bow
    Crafter: CRP r50
    Ingredients: 1x Spruce Lumber, 1x Bloody Bow Rim

Item: Madman's Whispering Rod
    Crafter: ALC r50
    Ingredients: 1x Growth Formula Delta, 1x, Thavnairian Mistletoe, 1x Vampire Plant

Item: Sanguine Scepter
    Crafter: GSM r50
    Ingredients: 1x Darksteel Nugget, 1x Pinprick Pebble

Item: Erudite's Picatrix Of Casting
    Ingredients: 1x Enchanted Gold Ink, 1x Bloody Grimoire Binding

Item: Erudite's Picatrix Of Healing
    Ingredients: 1x Enchanted Gold Ink, 1x Bloody Grimoire Binding

Base Ingredient Locations:
    Darksteel Ore: Dragonhead (Coerthas) Mining - Rare Node - 1:00 am Eorzea Time
    Gold Sand: Drybone (Eastern Thanalan) Quarrying - Rare Node - 5:00 am Eorzea Time
    Spruce Log: Dragonhead (Coerthas) Logging - Rare Node - 10:00 am Eorzea Time
    Thavnarian Mistletoe: Dragonhead (Coerthas) Logging - Rare Node - 5:00 pm Eorzea Time
    Vampire Plant: Dragonhead (Coerthas) Logging - Rare Node - 5:00 pm Eorzea Time
    Trillium Bulb: Hawthorne Hut (East Shroud) Harvesting - Rare Node - 10:00 pm Eorzea Time

Cinnabar (Quicksilver): Low level mining
    Rocksalt: Low level mining
    Basilisk Egg: Drops from basilisk-type monsters
    Spoken Blood: Drops from djigga-type monsters

Blunt Aeolian Scimitar - Wanderer's Palace (First chest before Goobbue NM)
    Bloody Cesti Covers - Wanderer's Palace (First chest before Goobbue NM)
    Bloody Lance Head - Wanderer's Palace (Chests before Pudding NM)
    Bloody Grimoire Binding - Wanderer's Palace (Chests before Pudding NM)
    Bloody Bardiche Head - Wanderer's Palace (Chests before Pudding NM)
    Bloody Bow Rim - Wanderer's Palace (Chests before Pudding NM)
    Pinprick Pebble - Wanderer's Palace (Chests before Pudding NM)

1 - Pre-requisite: Obtain a Relic Weapon

2 - Earn 900 Allagan Tomestones of Mythology (the one that caps at 300 points per week)

3 - Purchase 3x Thavnairian Mist from Auriana in Revenant's Toll

4 - Go to Hyrstmill and interact with the Forge near Gerolt. Exchange your Relic Weapon and the Mist for Relic +1

NOTE: For Paladin, you have to upgrade the shield and sword separately. The sword takes 2 Mist and the shield only 1, so it costs the same overall.

Q: I started the Relic Quest in 1.0. What happened to my progress?
    A: After you complete the Main Scenario Quests you will be able to resume your partial quest. It will place you in the approximate step as where you used to be. For example, if you were up to the AV/CC speedruns for Mythril & Salts you will be up to the Dhorme Chimera. If you were up to Ifrit Extreme, you will now be in-between Garuda (Hard) and Titan (Hard). If you had only just started after exchanging Hamlet seals, you will pretty much be right at the start.

Q: My carried-over quest has me up to Titan (Hard). Do I have to Kill Ifrit and Garuda to get there?
    A: Yes. The Relic quest does NOT unlock the primals. They are accessed through the post-MSQ quest chains in the Waking Sands. You will need to progress through the other primals to get to Titan.

Q: I have a whole bunch of 1.0 Relic Quest items left over like double melds, Miser's Mythril/Alumina Salts and Hamlet Seals. Are they any use?
    A: Not really. The double melds would now contain cracked materia and are the wrong weapons now the quest requirements have changed. You could extract the material to use the base weapon, or just turn the melds in for tomestones. The AV/CC speedrun items have no use at all, not even the salts, as you have to kill the Chimera for quest progression. Hamlet seals can be turned in for tomestones.

Q: I am not yet able to start the Relic Quest. Is there anything I can do to get ready?
    A: You can prepare the melded weapon required in Step 7 in advance, either by buying or crafting and spiritbonding/converting materia. If you have access to high-level dungeons, you can start to farm the 900 tomestones of philosophy needed for the last step. Apart from that you can simply work on your gear and skill to tackle the content. The majority of the quest steps can only be completed while on the quest itself.

Q: Can I work on more than one relic at once?
    A: No you can't. You can only have one Relic Reborn quest at a time. You must fully complete the relic or abandon before starting the quest for a different class.

Q: I have changed my mind for which relic I want. Can I abandon and start a new quest?
    A: Yes you can, but you would lose all progress on the other quest. So if you had turned in the weapon and done some of the other steps, you would lose it all. If you went back to redo the quest you previously abandoned, you would have to start from scratch again.

Q: How do I get the correct Materia?
    There are 2 factors that determine the materia gained from converting gear, item level and purpose. Item Level (not to be confused with gear equipping level) is an indicator of the 'quality' of a piece of gear. For example a piece of Aetherial r30 gloves will have a higher iLevel than a pair of crafted r30 gloves. To get Tier III materia you need to covert gear with an iLevel of 45 or more. As for the type of materia gained, that has to do with the purpose/stats of the gear you are converting. A piece of mage gear is more likely to convert to materia that has mage-benefiting stats like Quicktongue or Intelligence. A piece of tank gear is more likely to convert to materia that has tank-benefiting stats like Battledance or Vitality. Please note that there is a lot of RNG in conversion and you are not guaranteed to get what you need all the time.

Q: How do I craft the weapons or the components for the weapons?
    A: I have listed the basic recipes and components above. For more details on items and recipes, I recommend visiting www.xivdb.com<http://www.xivdb.com>. As for crafting, you can check the forums or search the web for crafting guides.

Q: Can I turn in a melded weapon that I have used (i.e. it is bonded to me)?
    A: Yes you can.

Q: Can I turn in a HQ melded weapon?
    A: Yes you can.

Q: Can I help someone with the instanced battles without being on the relic quest myself?
    A: Yes you can, provided that you have unlocked access to any content that requires unlocking (like dungeons and primal hardmodes)

Q: Looking at this guide, the Relic quest seems so easy ... is it?
    Depends on your skill level. There are 2 main road blocks in the relic quest - Chimera and Titan (Hard). Chimera it isn't duty-found, so if you don't have a FC/LS party you may have to stand in town or Coerthas shouting for a pick up group. It's not that hard a fight, but it requires coordination and communication with stuns/blocks/silencing. The primals is the next big hurdle. Ifrit and Garuda could be completed with AF gear and standard weapons, but around Garuda and definitely for Titan you will need to start looking at upgrading gear with primal weapons, r50 dungeon greens and/or darklight. Also if you suffer from lag or a high ping, you may struggle dodging Titan's attacks.

Good luck everyone! Happy Relic-ing!
    (276)
    Last edited by Magnesium02; 10-01-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added +1 and FAQ. Also some formatting

Player
    Character
    Indie Grayfox
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Question: I had already turned in my double melded mail breaker and was working on the items from CC/AV when the servers closed. That being said do you know if I will start at some point further in this quest that at the start?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lamonte Cristo
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Also if we turned in seals im assuming we dont get those back? If not thats rly messed up spent alot of time doing hamlet...
    (2)
    Death Is Only The Beginning....

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Question: I had already turned in my double melded mail breaker and was working on the items from CC/AV when the servers closed. That being said do you know if I will start at some point further in this quest that at the start?
    You will probably start at around step 8 or 9, though your quest log will have corrected your previous actions to match the new quest line i.e. it will say you handed in a Aeolian Scimitar. Seeing as how the requirement for the AV item is gone, you will probably come in on needing to go to Coerthas

Quote Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
    Also if we turned in seals im assuming we dont get those back? If not thats rly messed up spent alot of time doing hamlet...
    If you have hamlet seals in your inventory you can exchange them for DL currency. However if you have handed them in you will probably find yourself in the first 3-4 steps and not much further T_T
    (2)
    Last edited by Magnesium02; 08-28-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Putting quotes in. Stupid web version on phone

Player
    Character
    Indie Grayfox
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thank you for being amazingly awesome in answering the question without being a tool! Many <3's to you!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arisia Bellavaris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    So i take it a double melded Astralobe is useless now?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurai Shinen
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Anyone know where to find a Blunt Aeolian Scimitar?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalArisia View Post
    So i take it a double melded Astralobe is useless now?
    For the purpose of Relic Weapon quest, then yes. If it is melded with cracked materia you can exchange it for currency. Otherwise it would still be a decent weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamRockwell View Post
    Anyone know where to find a Blunt Aeolian Scimitar?
    I heard these are available from Wanderer's Palace. I am not sure wether they are chest or mob drops. Some of them used to be available in 1.0 from big world NMs so they might be available in Market Wards

---

Also it appears Scholar is linked to the Sahagin beastcamp.
    (0)
    Last edited by Magnesium02; 08-28-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Teepo Egoist
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Question: I was on Ifrit EX in 1.0, do I start my relic quest on Titan HARD? However, I noticed that you have to defeat Ifrit HARD to unlock Garuda HARD, and defeat that to unlock Titan HARD? Basically, I have to restart the fight against Garuda HARD correct?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Octavius Evergreen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    WAR = Barbarian's Bardiche + 2 Battledance III

I can confirm this.
    (4)

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast