Player
    Character
    Moltres Rider
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

What am I doing/not doing that is preventing me from getting female squadron recruits

All the recruits that I have been getting since I started playing back in August 2020 have been 95% male and it is really frustrating at this point.

My brother-in-law has an all female squadron and I only have three females, trying to make it eight but the game is NOT cooperating.

One of my female squadron members MUST be a lalafell. I have 12 lalafell recruits since I first got a squadron, all male. My brother-in-law has had the same female eight for his squadron for quite a while now. To add salt into the wound, when I told him that I am looking for a female lalafell, he told me that he has had a female lalafell pending in his recruitment papers for a couple of months now. Wishing he could send it my way.

I am burning through squadron enlistment manuals on a daily basis and I have kept none of the recruits ever since I got eight people on my squadron.

It gets worse, the last six recruits have been the SAME male Au'ra over and over. I have dismissed him so many times.

What am I doing or not doing that is causing me to not get female recruits? Does certain recruits only come from certain challenges in your challenge log or something? Is it because I keep doing the same challenges every week thus getting the same recruits.

I must be doing something or not doing something that is preventing me from seeing very many female recruits.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Volke Volke
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Dude. It's RNG. The only advice anyone can give you is "be luckier"
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Ritzia Flameshadow
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    There are 5 female lalafell recruits in the game you can get:

Kelmomo who has a chance to come from completing Disciple of the Hand challenge logs.

Liliba who also comes from Disciple of the Hand challenge logs.

Sasashu who you can get from PVP or Gold Saucer challenge logs.

Tewawa from Disciple of the Land challenge logs

And Totodi from Disciple of the Land, Treasure Hunt, and Gold Saucer challenge logs.

The best you can do is complete those challenges weekly and hope the RNG is in your favor. There are other recruits that come from those completed logs as well so you might be at it for a while, but none of the recruits you’re looking for come from PVE battle content.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Heh, this reminds me of my intense desire to have all 5 Roegadyn lady recruits.

You gotta switch up what content/challenge logs you're completing. Eclipse12187 laid out the exact needs for ya.
    (1)

(Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

"I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Player
    Character
    Yuella Davilles
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    You repel women
    (6)