Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Gonzo Sabroso
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    You need to clear Amdapoor Keep using the job you are getting the relic for. I just cleared it last night as WAR, but didn't get the glyph for MNK.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    You can get the parts for the crafted weapons from tradecraft leves too.

Some of the rare armor pieces that use to come from NMs are from them too, like Mossy horn, Which is actually the reward for the Armorer leve i have in that picture.

Also, the leve givin me the bloody lance head is one that can be turned in 3 times, so now I has 3 of them ^^ Coincidently, so was the armorer one, so I got 3 Mossy horns out of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Reika; 09-03-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kai Zoku
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by danteafk View Post
    Does Barbarian's Bardiche also drop in any dungeons?

I found Blunt Aeolian Scimitar which is the ground item for PLD, so wondering?
    i don't know about your server, but on ours it sells pretty cheap, like 60-80k , same goes for most the weapons listed here, so you might want to check the Markets if you haven't done so already

by the way, your sig, just made my week, didn't laugh out loud from anythig on these forums in awhile lol

*bumping while i'm at it*
    (0)
    / (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Щ(ºДºщ);

Player
    Character
    Dave Sativa
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I can't get my green book crafted by an alchemist until they get pudding flesh for a quest, which very few people know how to get. any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    You don't need a pudding flesh for the book? Unless FFXIVDB is wrong on the recipe, I still need 3 levels before I can check ingame.
    Yeah, but the alchemist won't be able to make it without the offhand they get from a quest that takes pudding flesh

SMN WARNING: If you have the [Erudite's Picatrix of Casting] equipped, the quest will still be red and he will ask you for an [Erudite's Picatrix of Healing] with 2 [Quicktongue Materia III] melded to it. If the [Erudite's Picatrix of Casting] is in your bags, the quest will be gold and he will accept the item.
    (0)
    Last edited by BabySealClubber; 09-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Pyros Eien
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySealClubber View Post
    I can't get my green book crafted by an alchemist until they get pudding flesh for a quest, which very few people know how to get. any help?
    You don't need a pudding flesh for the book? Unless FFXIVDB is wrong on the recipe, I still need 3 levels before I can check ingame.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yukari Mistwalker
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    thank you so much for this guide as a whm its great to have my relic weapon imo finished the look cant wait to level up and get it
    (0)
    Stealer Of Pants!

Player
    Character
    Codex Vahlda
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Silly question, but is it possible to do any of these things out of order? For example... I can't activate the quests yet (haven't finished the main story), but if I did the weapon + double meld part, will it still count later on? Which (if any) parts are doable beforehand?
    (0)
    visit/follow me on twitter & tumblr @ Yggdrasilly

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    First things, thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread. I admit I have a bad habit of only checking the forums when I not playing, like when I'm locked out or at work, so if I don't update the first post in a timely manner that is why XD. Secondly if anyone is currently up to one of the bugged parts like the weapons or the mob kills, and will still be at the same point on the 4th, could you please let us know if they fix the bugs on the quest log? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Toad View Post
    For Bard kills for Beastmen is: 8x Natalan Boldwings, 8x Natalan Fogcallers and 8x Natalan Windtalons. Just to add to guide if you'd like
    Thank you. Adding!

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    I believe BLM mobs for step 10 are the same as they seem to be for WHM.
    Do you have direct confirmation of that? I would assume that the kills are the same for those who share a beastcamp but want to be 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburgers View Post
    I have 2 questions, are you 100% the summoner quest will work with the casting book?
    Also I've heard you need Thavairian Mist from the Tomestomes, is this false or is it the next weapon?
    Yes, casting book is confirmed. And I believe the Thavairian Mist has something to do with Relic +1. I heard somewhere that apparently the content for HQ relics is obtainable in the current patch, but I have no idea how.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Does one need to be at a certain step to get items to drop from Wanderer's palace or is it dropped there regardless?
    The drops are not tied to being on the relic quest. You can farm them as per a normal dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Toad View Post
    Also confirmed you need to Purchase "Bottle of Radz-at-Han Quenching Oil" for 900 Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy from Auriana in Mor Dhona after doing the Hardmodes. (This is for Bard, don't know if different for other jobs for the item needed but probably should still be the 900 tomestone ones)
    Thank you. Adding this step. I didn't put a "quest end" note ad the end of step 14 cause I didn't know if that really was all. Please let us know if there are still further steps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuusei View Post
    So.... I have the Picatrix of Casting needed for it but I don't have the Savage Might... Anyone know what I can break down to get them? I'd prefer not spending 40k on one materia from AH.
    Materia conversion is based on the purpose of the gear. So tanking material comes from tanking gear, magic material comes from Mage gear. The grade of material is determined by item level

Quote Originally Posted by Parrow89 View Post
    SMN Beastman Kills:
    Sylpheed Sighs x 8
    Sylpheed Screeches x 8
    Sylpheed Snarls x 8

Testing now to make sure isn't bugged.

Edit: Tested and the quest text is accurate! Onward to Hydra!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    Actually it looks like you need to do the hard primals as the job you're getting the relic for. Didn't get the item from Garuda playing as a different class
    I am updating first post with job requirement notes

Quote Originally Posted by Azunia View Post
    For Mnk beastmen is :
    x8 Pugilists
    x8 Archers
    x8 Lancers
    Could you please confirm that you had to kill zaharak archers, and that you aren't subject to the same bug as PLD which really needed thaumaturges

Quote Originally Posted by danteafk View Post
    Does Barbarian's Bardiche also drop in any dungeons?

I found Blunt Aeolian Scimitar which is the ground item for PLD, so wondering?
    The whole weapons do not drop. Only the components.

Quote Originally Posted by Keramory View Post
    Just to clarify...I have to do my job quests all over again? Or do I have to find this broken item before I can start from my 1.0 quest?

See I just finished the main storyline (got my imperial mount). Got up to the quest where I talk to the guy in hyrstmill. Nothing followed that though.
    Yes. Even if you already have AF amd job skills from 1.0, you will have to do the quests again. Adding a clarification to first post

Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    You can get the parts for the crafted weapons from tradecraft leves too.

Some of the rare armor pieces that use to come from NMs are from them too, like Mossy horn, Which is actually the reward for the Armorer leve i have in that picture.

Also, the leve givin me the bloody lance head is one that can be turned in 3 times, so now I has 3 of them ^^ Coincidently, so was the armorer one, so I got 3 Mossy horns out of it.
    Fascinating! Thanks for sharing. Adding this to front page

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Silly question, but is it possible to do any of these things out of order? For example... I can't activate the quests yet (haven't finished the main story), but if I did the weapon + double meld part, will it still count later on? Which (if any) parts are doable beforehand?
    Yes. If you know what class you are going to relic, you can obtain the weapon and get it melded in advance. You can also work on saving up tomestones for step 15
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zeldageeki Saserfras
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Melded weapon

Does anybody know if you can use a high quality base weapons for the 2x materia melded weapon part?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chococo Cobo
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I somehow feel that the people in progress but incomplete from 1.0 are the most screwed. They've gone through the tediousness of hamlets, speed runs, faction leves but do not benefit from the simplifications of the early part of the new quest. The latter parts of the new quests seems annoying with the completing with X job and buying tombstones.
    (1)

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast