Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ast Rid
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    main story quests are marked with a meteor shaped symbol rather than the usual oval

you need to complete ifrit to join a grand company

ifrit is level 20~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Julien Destroto
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I had a similar issue with the main quests.
    I knew where it was, but the quest icon wasn't showing above the persons head because of a graphics glitch.
    I logged out and back in (this was 4am EST, so I was able to do that), and the quest showed up on the main map, but couldn't see it on the person.

Anyways, i ended up having to rotate the camera in a really weird angle from a certain spot and it showed up and was able to do it.
    But the moral here, is check the maps thoroughly. You may have to go to each zone to see because they don't show up when scanning the maps from other zones.
    The recommendations list also doesn't show anything from outside your zone (which is dumb)
    (0)
    --Why can't my work have a sign on the door that says 1017?--

Player
    Character
    Shonie Belle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 26
    Basically the progression for the quests at that point is... at level 15 you get airship pass, need to visit all 3 cities, 3 dungeons between 15 and 20, Ifrit at level 20. Then you get your Grand Company/Chocobo quests after Ifrit fight. You should be able to trace back where you are by what you haven't done.
    I was actually just thinking this today though. There are so many main storyline quests, what happens when you simply forget to engage the NPC for the next quest, and you go off to do something for a few hours/days... there really should be a way to tell you where to go for your next main story quest, because it honestly could be anywhere.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonie View Post
    Basically the progression for the quests at that point is... at level 15 you get airship pass, need to visit all 3 cities, 3 dungeons between 15 and 20, Ifrit at level 20. Then you get your Grand Company/Chocobo quests after Ifrit fight. You should be able to trace back where you are by what you haven't done.
    I was actually just thinking this today though. There are so many main storyline quests, what happens when you simply forget to engage the NPC for the next quest, and you go off to do something for a few hours/days... there really should be a way to tell you where to go for your next main story quest, because it honestly could be anywhere.
    Yeah that's what the /recommended feature is that I mention. It will show you all the quests in the area that you can do at your level with priority going to a story quest.
    (0)
    * I fully give permission for any of my written ideas to be used by SE without recognition.

Player
    Character
    Feanor Morgoth
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    hello

10chars
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Feanor Morgoth
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I am having the same problem. This is a huge bug. Like I have no idea where to go. Originally I wasnt a high enough level so I couldnt accept the main storylin quest.

Now I have no idea where that was after I leveled up to the appropriate level.

Like this is retarded. I literally cannot play the main story because of this bug.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Feanor Morgoth
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    b
    10charsssssssss
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xinbi Striffe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanElite View Post
    I am having the same problem. This is a huge bug. Like I have no idea where to go. Originally I wasnt a high enough level so I couldnt accept the main storylin quest.

Now I have no idea where that was after I leveled up to the appropriate level.

Like this is retarded. I literally cannot play the main story because of this bug.
    Huge bug, tried verything, cant continue at this rate
    NEED FIX
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-Story/page14
    HELP
    (0)
    Last edited by xinobi; 08-28-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dash Meridian
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    What I really hate about this story questing is how you can be roadblocked from progressing any further due to requiring to find a party. Been trying to get past Lord of the Inferno for two days now using duty finder.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sio Dar'kov
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Travel to each zone, in each zone click on Duty button in bottom right of screen, select recommendations, find the Main story quest that way.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast