Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Game play...main story

I am level 35 Paladin. I cannot get admitted to a company. They keep telling me I am too low level and need to do more of the main story line. I did everything in my journal except two quests in Limsa Lominsa. I am in Gridania right now but cannot get to Limsa.

I keep wondering if I somehow switched jobs early on, before I had done the main story. But I have no idea how to determine which job I should be using. Every guild I go to asks if I want to join. That does not sound like I am a member of that guild.

All this goes back to paying more attention to bugs than what I was doing in Beta. LOL

Anyone know how to get the next story line quest when you have nothing in your journal?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Omen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    They keep telling me I am too low level and need to do more of the main story line

(5)

Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by theomen View Post
    They keep telling me I am too low level and need to do more of the main story line

LOL... Someone else was shouting for help with this earlier but I did not watch to see if they found out what to do...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    What I have been told:

"Go to your main quest provider and get the next quest." ... Didn't work Momodi is ignoring me. Same in Uldah.

"Look at your journal." ... Did that. Nothing but two quests in Limsa, which I cannot get to.

"Its a bug." ... This may be the best answer so far, but it is not very helpful.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Macho Chavo
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I had the same issue with a 15 storyline quest and my friends currently still hasn't shown itself. I think retracing how you would've entered the city helps to get these triggers to reactivate. For me it was entering the adventures guild through the elevator after getting their through airship...(as part of the emissary missions). So yeah, retrace your steps and hopefully it reactivates.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    have you tried going to talk to Mionne in the Adventurer's guild, I wonder if she has a quest for you. Because it sounds like you haven't done the main story even to the lvl 10 Main Story quest. Maybe even go check the Bannock in Central Shroud.
    (1)
    Xeto Milanti Bei

Player
    Character
    Niadissa Nelhah
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't mean to spoil anything, but you do not get access to be able to join a grand company until you have defeated Ifrit, if you haven't gotten that far in the story line, then you are missing some quests. If you've done ifrit already then ya, it sounds like a bug.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmbei View Post
    have you tried going to talk to Mionne in the Adventurer's guild, I wonder if she has a quest for you. Because it sounds like you haven't done the main story even to the lvl 10 Main Story quest. Maybe even go check the Bannock in Central Shroud.
    Retracing ... I will try that. I got stuck on a quest in Central Shroud in Beta and it cleared today so maybe that messed me up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdndv View Post
    What I have been told:

"Go to your main quest provider and get the next quest." ... Didn't work Momodi is ignoring me. Same in Uldah.

"Look at your journal." ... Did that. Nothing but two quests in Limsa, which I cannot get to.

"Its a bug." ... This may be the best answer so far, but it is not very helpful.
    That tells me that you have not done the level 15 quest. So that's a starting point at least. I'm guessing you finished a quest and didn't pick the next one up. You can type in /recommended and it should appear in your list of quests. I don't know if this is only per area so you might have to go area to area around your city until you find the story quest.
    (0)
    * I fully give permission for any of my written ideas to be used by SE without recognition.

Player
    Character
    Nyme Vandal
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Duty Finder

It sounds to me like you may have done the quest for airship travel but not returned to Limsa Lominsa to do the (introduction to using) Duty Finder dungeons.

A few others I met in Beta had done the same thing; the journal itself directs you to continue giving the letters to the leaders in each city for the Remembrance Ceremony (so people were simply going city to city and getting the cutscenes). But, after you complete that objective they also ask you to return to the Adventurer's Guild in Lominsa to accept those Dungeon Quests, which I don't believe show in the journal itself. Either way, if you haven't used Duty Finder to do Satasha (TTD & CBM), you may need to pick up that quest to continue in the Main Scenario.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast