Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yuki Tokita
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I never realized that there was an enmity bar I could use to track my teammates hate. I just now figured this out at level 50.

*ATOMIC FACEPALM!
    (4)
    Louisoix died so we could play Final Fantasy 2.0

Let that sink in for a minute.

Player
    Character
    Bashum Gudd
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 66
    I'm famous for forging bravely ahead after a boss fight.... in the direction we just came from. I always tell my party I meant to do it, I was just keeping them on their toes.

However my best Herp/Derp was when I tried to do a trial on my laptop for the first time and I realized hotbar settings aren't saved on SE's servers, but locally.

This is how I ended up charging Hydra and wondering why I wasn't generating any hate. Then realized I had nothing but Mining skills on my bar :x
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eilis Tozet
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashum View Post
    This is how I ended up charging Hydra and wondering why I wasn't generating any hate. Then realized I had nothing but Mining skills on my bar :x
    Would have worked if it'd been Titan.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Aden Mercer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Single tanking T9. Initial pull ran right into the wall. Not the greatest confidence booster haha.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Robin Ster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    So in Shiva EX you have to turn her around and share the damage of the sword conal AOE thing, right?

Do not do that in Shiva HM.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Saseal Korei
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a derp due to lack of hours yet put into tanking dungeons, but my herp comes from little tanking experience.

So, I'm slowly getting experience tanking via Gladiator (I'm a complete nubtank x.x) on a new character (so starting fresh and no pre-won gears) in dungeons.
    I'm used to WHMing as main with a side of MNK... so I'm following what I observe of what seem to be good tank practice (along with what I've read, etc).

ANYWAY - Did up to Tam Tara - so far so good (I think), so I tell myself, "pfffft I'll do a low level hest to warm up a little - shouldn't be too bad at all."
    Went into one of the low level hests ("Under the Armor" - the giant armor sorta boss in a cave with the spawning skeleton ADDs). I had no shield lob with the level sync. I thought to myself, "well crap - I remember the ADDs always run straight to me when I Roulette heal this one. I'll just try to flash while they're running passed."
    Got the first group that runs out. Cool, that worked. Second group.... one or two got passed, but I got them back with a little movement (I was trying not to spin/move the the main boss thing for the DPSes x.x) and the edge of the flash area with a little tug of war.

Third group spawned...... hell broke loose. I was out of MP, from flashing (because things were getting torn off me almost immediately after a first flash on those other ADDs + keeping boss hate... so I spammed). They ran directly for the conjurer - who ran away.... I'm thinking, "Nooooo run to me so I can throw lightbulbs in their faces!" (as this is what I do as healer).... the conjurer is getting heavy damage and I'm flashing on mp fumes - but the ADDs instantly turned away and back to the healer, the very second they heal themselves....
    I'm thinking to myself, "Not supposed to move the boss and junk too much, right? wrong? ...I dunno! But don't be bad! ....I believe I'm about to be bad.' ....and then proceeded to chase after the skeletons ....who are chasing the conjurer, with the boss chasing me, and the DPS chasing the boss... all while trying to get savage blade to get enmity back and trying to hit flash as soon as the MP came. Here comes the derp train! Conductor newbtank at the wheel!

Derp #1 - I spammed too hard and had no MP for when shit hit the fan
    Derp #2 - Tried to hotkey spam Riot Blade for MP (to no avail) for several seconds and wasting time/enmity building before realizing I didn't even have it (I sync'ed under it's availability)
    Derp #3 - I panicked D: (I should have instructed them to bring it all to me, instead of my creating a derp train)

The conjurer died. ._. *Ashamed of self*
    My first death and it was a healer T^T
    I would kill for my shield lob in that instance....
    (1)
    Last edited by Saseal; 11-21-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Saseal Korei
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehayte View Post
    The other day I was using my WAR to tank some stupid treasure maps for a few people in my FC. After confidently chattering in vent that I could easily hold enmity over our i88 BLM as a i79 WAR, the first set of mobs spawn and turn out to be the set of 8 ghosts. Confidently, I swagger over to the set of mobs, not realizing that I had my second hot-bar queued up instead of my first, the intended chain of attacks was to be:

Overpower > Infuriate > Steel Cyclone > Berserk > Overpower > Vengeance > Overpower > Bloodbath

Instead, I stumble up to the mobs and do the following, while simultaneous saying "Watch this!" In vent:

Brutal Swing > Holmgang > Sprint > Nothing > Nothing > Foresight

... FAIL
    Easily my favorite derp story xD (Don't worry, I'll find myself doing the same thing, soon...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    U'tyada Tia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 67
    OT on Levi EX as a warrior for the first time in a long time after always MT it, grab all the bubbles and run back to head.......poof and the other warrior MT gets killed, darn muscle memory xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azurr Dusk
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    T8, I go to tank and someone tells me I have odin's weapon equipped. I was thinking like lol its glamour. Then holding aggro becomes really hard even though I have shield oath on. We wipe, restart, and I still have trouble with aggro. Then they tell me again and I check, and yah it was just odin's weapon and not glamoured buratang. So I switch and aggro becomes way easier ^^'

T6, my friend tells me to go with raffy to the wall. So I do, to a spot that was clear at the time. Then bulbs continue growing and I am now surrounded on all sides by vines and we die xD then he specified that it had to be a 'clear' wall.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Tokita View Post
    I never realized that there was an enmity bar I could use to track my teammates hate. I just now figured this out at level 50.

*ATOMIC FACEPALM!
    One of my FC tank brothers thought that was everyones TP bar....
    (0)

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast