Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Motoko Gettou
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    stats doing do anything? D= this game confuses me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The stat system upon initial release of the game was broken and incomplete. Currently based on solid parse results, DEX provides no gain as far as critical hits & accuracy is concerned. Piety has an impact on the ability of DoTs (from spells or weapon skills) to stick. STR does have an influence, but it is very minimal. Vit/Mnd are important for keeping your HP/MP up, and MND on an Melee class actually increases your survivability tenfold provided you have your protects/shells/cure IIs/sanc IIs.

So yes, stats are broken and anything pumped into STR/DEX at this point in time is moot. Once the battle changes are implemented this Spring, I'm sure you will see stats being fixed along with them, or near-to. For now, pump your VIT & MND as they will be the factors in helping you survive.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kid Kaze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by JayvirDeforte View Post
    I would love to see an Archer try to hit with no Dex. Good luck with that lol
    only have 14(+3 with jewelry) dex here. Actually only got 16 (+2 with jewelry) str and as I can still hit for a decent amount. I quicknock mobs 10 ranks above me for at (the very) least 60dmg without buffs and quite regularly too. The stats as they are now, do nothing or have negligible impact on our chararcters which is a crying shame D: roll on the job system patch!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elkhorn Mitternacht
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    my dex is in the 76 only in 80s do to gear... i hit 90% of the time and im r42 archer///// dex is broken my personal advice STR > VIT
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    My DEX is bare minimum for my race (17). I observe no problems whatsoever with accuracy.
    Invest heavily in STR as this ups the damage of basic attacks (not necesarily in weaponskills).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Messenger Aetherbreak
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Well, i played with these stats long time ago.
    Killing Raptors in Coerthas, same mob, same arrow, same gear.

With less str.. lets say 50 and inputting most of the points in Dex... around 150, i am dealing below decent damage on Raptors and takes more time to kill. And about critical hit rate? It didn't work much for me, it doesn't let me critic often or maybe i'm just having a badluck

Now boosting str to 150+ with about 70-80 dex, i'm doing above decent damage and killing Raptors within 10-15 secs. Accuracy didn't worry me that much, aslong u have silver rings or whatever accuracy gear you can get.
    (2)

Player

With the stat system getting overhauled anything here whether it's 100% accurate or completely false will simply be null and void.

Best just to wait and see what works best after it's been patched.
    (2)

Player

Anyone that says dex is required for Arc, has clearly never tried not putting points into Dex. Dex barely effects acc/crits. I have 60 dex. I crit all the time, and i barely miss. Acc/Crit come from having a good weapon, not from stats. Pump Strength and Vitality, with a few points in Mnd/Pie. Read the notes from the devs, they admit stats do next to nothing. Get an HQ Crab Bow, and you're all set.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Akira Kiyomasa
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Ritsku is right. I recently removed points from dex.. down to around 40-50, and it made no difference whatsoever. its just wasted points you could use in other places
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arya Nyx
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    The stat system upon initial release of the game was broken and incomplete. Currently based on solid parse results, DEX provides no gain as far as critical hits & accuracy is concerned. Piety has an impact on the ability of DoTs (from spells or weapon skills) to stick. STR does have an influence, but it is very minimal. Vit/Mnd are important for keeping your HP/MP up, and MND on an Melee class actually increases your survivability tenfold provided you have your protects/shells/cure IIs/sanc IIs.

So yes, stats are broken and anything pumped into STR/DEX at this point in time is moot. Once the battle changes are implemented this Spring, I'm sure you will see stats being fixed along with them, or near-to. For now, pump your VIT & MND as they will be the factors in helping you survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsku View Post
    Anyone that says dex is required for Arc, has clearly never tried not putting points into Dex. Dex barely effects acc/crits. I have 60 dex. I crit all the time, and i barely miss. Acc/Crit come from having a good weapon, not from stats. Pump Strength and Vitality, with a few points in Mnd/Pie. Read the notes from the devs, they admit stats do next to nothing. Get an HQ Crab Bow, and you're all set.
    I agree with you both, stats are horribly broken at the moment. However (as we all know by now), SE have confirmed they will be (supposedly) repairing stats and making 1 point of each stat "do more". How true this turns out to be remains to be seen.

The main reason I've put points into STR and DEX was to see what kind of point distribution I had to play around with, assuming the stats worked - for future reference. As I craft (but don't play DoM), I need points in INT/MND/PIE, so I will never be able to push my points into the stats I may eventually want (post-fix in the future) - as I hate constant point re-allocation - unless SE allow each class to remember its stat allocation (god I hope so).

If you want to improve acc/crits, use a decent bow and decent arrows (it does seem make a difference to me, but I've not parsed it). As most Archers seems hellbent on sticking with Warped Arrows regardless of Rank, that's a potential area for improvement a lot of us are ignoring.

If you really need to spend points in VIT/MND as an Archer to improve survivability, might that suggest you need to look at your style of play/where you stand if you keep getting hit? I agree, PIE is useful for Bloodletter DoT.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast