Player
    Character
    Kayari Nemias
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 20

DEX vs STR for ARC

I know that most people say that stat don't play too much into the game right now, but I was wondering what most of the higher rank archers focus on in terms of stats.

Traditionally I think most RPG style games uses DEX as a way of gauging damage output for ranged types. However on the lodestone page, I don't remember seeing any mention about DEX factoring into damage output for ARC.

With that said, I'm wondering if people are focusing more on DEX for accuracy, or STR for more DPS output, or both? I know some may say it just depends on your playstyle, but I was curious what people think works best for them.
    (0)

Player

you can almost hit cap on both, i have like..174 str 9x vit 160+ dex

ps: traits are required.

cheers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yubaba Yuba
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    As a dps class make sure you hit hard, crits are nice, but always depends on a steady of high hitting attacks, with a truly great tank, you should never get hit so you also have to find good placement, when you get the hang of things drop all vit and pump dex, after already maxing str, str is your most useful stat, but remember your strength always needs support from dex for you to really be a great high dmg archer. The man above me knows his stuff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jayvir Deforte
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I personally choose to not put all of my stats into DEX and STR only like the posters above. I want to be able to not drop like a fly if the Great Buffalo uses Sonorous Blast and tanks can't draw hate and it comes to me. I would gladly take the 1-2 dmg reduction if I don't get one-shotted. The more time I spend standing, the less time the mage needs to spend rezing me and can focus on healing. With that being said, having some Piety helps depending on what attacks you use. Debuffs are influenced heavily by Piety so if you want to make sure Bloodletter sticks that debuff, put more into Piety. Mind and Int though? Pretty worthless for a DD
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by JayvirDeforte View Post
    I personally choose to not put all of my stats into DEX and STR only like the posters above. I want to be able to not drop like a fly if the Great Buffalo uses Sonorous Blast and tanks can't draw hate and it comes to me. I would gladly take the 1-2 dmg reduction if I don't get one-shotted. The more time I spend standing, the less time the mage needs to spend rezing me and can focus on healing. With that being said, having some Piety helps depending on what attacks you use. Debuffs are influenced heavily by Piety so if you want to make sure Bloodletter sticks that debuff, put more into Piety. Mind and Int though? Pretty worthless for a DD
    Agreed about piety, but that's personal taste.

About hate, if you keep using Quelling Strike between raging strike/ferocity shots, you'll rarely aggro(if the tank is decent), and if you do, you still have Chameleon on your sleeve, so it's very difficult to get aggro on NMs imho..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jayvir Deforte
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Well, aggro during the great buffalo is sometimes inevitable for an archer. If Sonorous Blast hits all of the close melee players, either the mages or the archers will take it. Since most mages heal, Archers will likely take it.
    (0)

Player

The simple answer to your question:

STR increases average damage. DEX increases accuracy and crit hit rate. Personally, I put more into DEX because (1) with misses you do zero damage, and (2) increasing crits will do more damage over the long run than just increasing average damage.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shampoo Yamasun
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    everyone knows stats dont do anything =p cept vit and mind
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Shampooo View Post
    everyone knows stats dont do anything =p cept vit and mind
    This is only too true. People can debate all day about theoretical stat allotments. But really it doesn't matter all that much if you put max points in STR or DEX, since there's a hidden stat cap anyway. But if you do hit that cap, you are neglecting the other stats you may need for crafting jobs. I'd just say put a bunch in VIT so you don't die, then distribute the rest of your stats evenly until they remove physical levels and fix the stat system.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jayvir Deforte
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I would love to see an Archer try to hit with no Dex. Good luck with that lol
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast