Player
    Character
    Mazi'to Apkallu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Free Company Customization Things Rank/Etc

So first and foremost I love Free Companies, Good job guys.

I do have some minor issues though that I think need resolving and if people want to "Like" or bump this is they agree it be fantastic, also if you have any suggestions I'll tag em onto this post so we can get a nice list of things.

So for starters:
    1. a button that sets the default rank when someone joins the FC, that would be handy.
    2. include in rank permissions the ability to talk, that way if someone is being obnoxious, BOOM demoted to the shut up rank.
    3. THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT Make it so there is a permission for using the company chest that allows a person to deposit items BUT NOT withdraw.
    4. a goblin to be useable for the symbol on the crest (more of a personal thing for me but hey might aswell) would be good if they added a design for each enemy type, seems weird some of the choices they decided on and not others.
    5. change the names of the chest permissions, "Leader" doesnt really help in terms of figuring out what it allows.
    6. The ability to label the chest boxes. So we can label one as Meds for example or dungeon consumables etc. be handy so it's easier for people with leader permission to see and if you open up some of the boxes it's neat.
    7. I want to be able to sort the members list by the column headers.
    8. Choice of Company Crest size and placement.
    These tiny and seemingly random place Company crest's are not worth the Gil to add them. I added my company crest to my chest plate and shield. My shield has it in the lower right hand corner no more than two to three inches big in equivalent size and for some really bazaar reason my company crest was placed on the back towards the neck line of his armor. Just as tiny. I understand that the Devs are limited to how much control over this they can give us before it becomes broken in the sense that it does not look right.
    9. Officer chat, a channel of the free company chat that only certain ranks can see/talk in
    10. DO NOT ALLOW anyone with promote/dismiss permission allows them to promote past their own rank, demote above their own rank, and if they have a dismiss option they can even dismiss above their own rank
    11. Free Company Crests - why are they not visible to other players? why are they only visible to the player wearing them? I can see mine, but no one else can, they can see their crest on their armor, but I cannot see their crest. Seems like a minor oversight perhaps? I play on the PS3 version, not sure if this is any issue for PC players. -Kosmos

Decided that in addition to request that we should also ask questions for confirming things so feel free to ask aswell

1. What is company reputation for?
    2. Can you get max reputation with each Grand Company?
    3. Will you add more company ranks?
    4. How specifically do you raise your company's rank?
    (17)
    Last edited by Mazi; 09-13-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Neifeli Canenubes
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    So first and foremost I love Free Companies.

So for starters:
    1. a button that sets the default rank when someone joins the FC, that would be handy.
    2. include in rank permissions the ability to talk, that way if someone is being obnoxious, BOOM demoted to the shut up rank.
    3. THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT Make it so there is a permission for using the company chest that allows a person to deposit items BUT NOT withdraw.
    4. a goblin to be useable for the symbol on the crest (more of a personal thing for me but hey might aswell)
    5. change the names of the chest permissions, "Leader" doesnt really help in terms of figuring out what it allows.

So there is the start of my list, anyone else wanna chime in?
    Indeed, I am loving Free Companies so far. But as you said, the major problems for me is 1, 2, 3, and 5. I should hope Square Enix will look into the matter in the immediate future and make managing Free Companies more easy to handle.
    (2)
    - Kindred are the hearts of gods and men.

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Agreed on the chest permission definitely.

Also I was going to post about crests as well, I wanted a dodo, would be good if they added a design for each enemy type, seems weird some of the choices they decided on and not others.

I would like to add another to your list:

The ability to label the chest boxes. So we can label one as Meds for example or dungeon consumables etc. be handy so it's easier for people with leader permission to see and if you open up some of the boxes it's neat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Li'l Phist
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    I want to be able to sort the members list by the column headers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Agree with those points.

Another thing, please add some new crests because there are so few to choose.. :/ I saw many different ones in a Live Letter lately.. where are them?
    (i need a 'nomal tree' crest but not a 'pine' one for my FC lol)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aislin Delhir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post

So for starters:
    1. a button that sets the default rank when someone joins the FC, that would be handy. THIS NEEDS ADDED ASAP LIKE NOW NOW NOW.
    4. a goblin to be useable for the symbol on the crest (more of a personal thing for me but hey might aswell)

So there is the start of my list, anyone else wanna chime in?
    The mind literally boggles that [1] and [3] aren't already implemented. [1] is so annoying I can't even see straight. Seriously, guys, let us set what rank people who join are set at. Otherwise, why bother letting us have custom ranks? I haven't been able to set my hierarchy settings because if I did every new inductee would be an officer and be able to do all sorts of crazy stuff before someone thought to demote them. Please hot fix asap, thanks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mazi'to Apkallu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Updated the list, keep showin your support guys
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaminos Talon
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Ok these are just my personal additions to the list.

(Disclaimer) I am only level 21 so I may have missed these features in the game or I have just not reached the point yet where I can access it.

1: (and this one bugs me to no end) Choice of Company Crest size and placement.
    These tiny and seemingly random place Company crest's are not worth the Gil to add them. I added my company crest to my chest plate and shield. My shield has it in the lower right hand corner no more than two to three inches big in equivalent size and for some really bazaar reason my company crest was placed on the back towards the neck line of his armor. Just as tiny. I understand that the Devs are limited to how much control over this they can give us before it becomes broken in the sense that it does not look right.

2: Officer chat
    While I love the link shell system, I really think officer chat should be already available as part of the game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jaminos; 09-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mazi'to Apkallu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    added to ze list, remember everyone reading this to do a nice little "Like" hit so we can actually show we want these
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kazehana Tyanu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke View Post
    The mind literally boggles that [1] and [3] aren't already implemented. [1] is so annoying I can't even see straight. Seriously, guys, let us set what rank people who join are set at. Otherwise, why bother letting us have custom ranks? I haven't been able to set my hierarchy settings because if I did every new inductee would be an officer and be able to do all sorts of crazy stuff before someone thought to demote them. Please hot fix asap, thanks.
    its easy to do just set all ranks above the default member rank so it is the lowest then change names accordingly
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast