Player
    Character
    Rowyne Olde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Agreed!

By the Twelve, it took me a week to figure out what 'leader' chest permissions meant (apparently it's view-only). I don't know if this was something that was lost in translation or what, but if you've ever set up an ACL (access control list), you would know this is not clear terminology at all. Also, why are there no permissions for deposit-only? My FC members want to contribute gil toward our housing, but I just can't let everyone have the ability to withdraw at will. So, now I have to put everyone on my friend list and ask them to mail me the gil. I'm sure that won't get me flagged for RMT. :/

Plus, please give us a log so we can see what's going in and out.

SE has definitely brought us an improvement over the lackluster linkshell system. They've laid the groundwork for something quite great, but at the moment it's still a little simplistic. When they get the server issues straightened out, I really hope they'll do some tweaks to free companies.

Player
    Character
    Aislin Delhir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunkah View Post
    its easy to do just set all ranks above the default member rank so it is the lowest then change names accordingly
    Unless they changed it since Open Beta, the little symbol next to the rank is not changeable, so sure if you want some important looking symbol super way down the list this would be fine. I consider this to be suboptimal design at best. If you could at least change the symbol next to the rank, that would be... better. This is not really how one would choose to intentionally design a UI, were one also a user of that UI.

On the bright side, they did say they were going to add a "deposit-only" setting, as well as a log of who deposited/withdrew what. Not until 2.1, though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zero Godkiller
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I made a post but I think maybe adding here will help with question
    I'm leader of my FC and I just found out that anyone with promote/dismiss permission allows them to promote past their own rank, demote above their own rank, and if they have a dismiss option they can even dismiss above their own rank, which is ridiculous.

Anyone else have this? Or know anything about it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mazi'to Apkallu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by GodKiller View Post
    I made a post but I think maybe adding here will help with question
    I'm leader of my FC and I just found out that anyone with promote/dismiss permission allows them to promote past their own rank, demote above their own rank, and if they have a dismiss option they can even dismiss above their own rank, which is ridiculous.

Anyone else have this? Or know anything about it?
    Yeah that is a thing and it is incredibly stupid xP
    (0)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Free Company Crests - why are they not visible to other players? The point of a company crest is to let folks know you belong to a particular Free Company - right? So why are they only visible to the player wearing them? I can see mine, but no one else can, they can see their crest on their armor, but I cannot see their crest. Seems like a minor oversight perhaps?

I play on the PS3 version, not sure if this is any issue for PC players.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mazi'to Apkallu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    Free Company Crests - why are they not visible to other players? The point of a company crest is to let folks know you belong to a particular Free Company - right? So why are they only visible to the player wearing them? I can see mine, but no one else can, they can see their crest on their armor, but I cannot see their crest. Seems like a minor oversight perhaps?

I play on the PS3 version, not sure if this is any issue for PC players.
    I actually haven't heard of this before so I might have to double check with people I know in duty finder it turns off your crest though
    (0)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I actually haven't heard of this before so I might have to double check with people I know in duty finder it turns off your crest though
    I checked with a friend who plays on PC, and hey confirmed that they cannot see the crests on my armor, and I cannot see theirs either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Overwhelm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 36
    1. Make permissions for ranks to deposit and withdraw a number amount of stacks of items per day as well as a set amount of GIL.
    2. Make it possible for officers to chat exclusively to other officers in the FC.
    3. Add a sorting feature to the FC, like clicking the top of the Members page where the Names are for Alphabetical, Jobs, Level, Area, Etc.
    4. Add an FC Information page where you can add your Vent / Mumble / RC server information, website, and other important FC details for FC Members, so we don't have to use the Company Board section for it all.
    5. Auto stack
    6. A sort button: to sort by ABC, # of items, etc
    7. A way to select multiple items from your inventory at once and put it into a chest (like a crtl+click listener)
    8. Ability to purchase more slots
    9. Ability to allow members limited promotion/demotion settings. So a Rank 3 member could promote someone to rank 2 or 1, but cannot promote them to the same rank or higher than themselves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Overwhelm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 36
    10. Can we change "leader" name for the FC chest setting to "View Only" or let us change the names of those permissions since Leader and None have pretty much the same meaning in this current build.
    11. Tax or membership fee for the FC to go towards Housing, Pets, etc
    12. Add right click to add items to the FC Chest instead of having to drag drop then confirm each time
    13. Allow turning in quests and talking to NPCs while mounted on personal mount.
    14. Better TAB targetting.
    15. Enable more right click chat name options, for example drop down list when right clicking a name in chat should have "Add to...Linkshell, Company, Blacklist, Friendlist ETC"

As I think of more, or people post more, I'll add it to this list so we can get every FC suggestion in one place and the Developers can fix it on the big 2.1 patch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kira Mizari
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 40

Logging

There should be a logging system to show who is Adding/removing gil or items...... especially gil
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast