Hybrid View

Character
    Fluffy Meowington
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Some suggestions, mostly quality of life, obvious things

Links to official responses. One more, another, and one more.

Gameplay:
    - Auto-dismount when riding into city
    - Auto-dismount on skill-use
    - Allow to talk to NPCs while mounted (or auto-dismount when talking to NPC, thanks Taliesin)
    - Make minions ignore right-clicks at all times (they get in the way when gathering for example) and ignore all clicks in combat
    - Make it so we can't accept quests that we can not finish due to being too low in level (thanks Arreat)
    - Add the ability to summon and fight with your chocobo while you are queuing in the duty finder (thanks CSLionheart)
    - Auto-hand over of key-items to NPCs (thanks Stamar)
    - Let us skip the game-opening when creating new characters after the first (thanks Thundaja)
    - Bring back sub-targeting place holders for macros. (i.e. <stpc>; <stnpc>; <stenemy>; etc) (thanks Jeditkirk)
    - Let us open the character- and inventory-windows during quest-cutscenes that award items. (thanks Sziadan)
    - Improve tab-target priority to be closest to farthest (thanks Killparadise)
    - Fix Shadowflare overriding AoE circles

Chat:
    - Allow us to lock chat position and size (thanks Raymeo)
    - Add blacklist-on-click as chat-functionality (thanks Lament)
    - Make pressing ESC clear chat box, pressing ESC again remove chat from focus (thanks Randalthor)
    - Implement a UI-scale slider** (thanks Stamar)
    - Add chat-links to map-markers and items (thanks Tenku)
    - Allow us to use /tell during duties (could make it an option, default is off) (thanks Vaemyr)
    - Allow us to set a default chat-channel (like FC instead of /say) (thanks Nubian)

Bank & Inventory:
    - Add inventory-categories for consumables, crafting mats, etc. (thanks ViolanteVirides)
    - Add the option to display all inventory/bank pages at once in one window (thanks Raymeo)
    - Highlight recommended items for current class in the armoury-chest (thanks Besbeset)
    - Add indicator to armory-chest that shows which items are part of a set (for sorting out materia-food and vendor-trash)
    - Add a "sort inventory"-button (thanks Niklaus & Inuakurei)

Misc UI:
    - Highlight currently useable (craftable) crafting recipes in the crafting log (thanks Roric)
    - Let us craft with items stored on our retainers
    - Add 'on hover' names to (small) aetherytes on the map. (thanks Furio)
    - Add item-previews (on click, from inventory, bank, vendor, etc) (thanks Sheoldred)
    - Make cut-scenes on airships only play the first time you travel/make this an option
    - Add an option for text-auto-scroll in unskippable cutscenes and allow to advance speech-bubbles with ESC or SPACE (thanks Lament)
    - Add an option for numerical values/percentage-values on enemy healthbars (thanks trentfish)
    - Add sorting-priorities to vendor (alphabetically, categorically) (thanks Chouxbun)
    - Add item-comparisons (side-to-side; with stat-comparison, not just base value) (thanks Stamar & AmaiHanakaze)
    - Add "repair all" at mender (including full armoury) (thanks Azoryl)
    - Add options for speech-bubbles (thanks Tenku & Niklaus)
    - Add an option for having a number-overlay on skills on cooldown (thanks Rekujen)
    - Add map-markers
    - Add chat-links to map-markers and items (thanks Tenku)
    - Add an indicator to minimap-objects indicating height-differences (above/below) (thanks Romirez)
    - Add level-indicators for explored zones (thanks Slirith)
    - Alphabetize the emote-list (thanks Wartooth)
    - Add option to choose which duties are shown in duty tracker (thanks BlazeChronic & KaosuNoTenshi)
    - Allow us to hide the floating number identifying each hotbar (#1, #2, etc) (thanks Raymeo)
    - Allow us to bind the mousewheel (thanks mdzapeer)
    - Let us add notes to names on the blacklist
    - Give us customisation-options for floating combat text (font, size, etc) (thanks matu)
    - Market Board should prompt "list items individually or as a stack" when selling stuff (thanks Tannlore)
    - "Maximum-amount" button (in vendors, bank, etc). Makes it so you don't have to type in the number.*

Sound:
    - Give us an option to select "continuous music" and/or improve transitions***
    - Add an option to completely mute the battle music (thanks Furio)
    - Make it so that only the first tell from a person (within X amount of time) plays the /tell sound (thanks Telrunya)

Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    Give mob visuals priority over players/pets/npcs. There are more than a few FATEs where the boss will completely disappear because too many people are on screen, which also makes you lose your target. It currently seems to be npcs/pets > players > mobs, but it should really be the opposite with the exception of quest nps loading first so they don't vanish in a crowd.

Targeting needs some much needed improvements. Names/healthbars need adjustments with how they show up. At the moment they just stack, seemingly randomly which makes it very hard to target things sometimes. An option to make them spread or stack (similar to how WoW nameplates, for example), or at least the option to place mobs at the top so they don't get lost under dozens of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakaboo View Post
    - Padding option for UI so you can stick buttons
    - Option to remove the 'glow' from the UI, also option to remove art.
    Example the party bar is way to cluttered for a healer, I would strip down half of it if I could.
    - Option to mod the party bar more, think of larger health bars.
    - Option to scale buffs and show them as bars
    - Grace timer in instances so you can try the item in case some one wants to pass an item after all
    - Showing your dots larger on target and as first.
    - Specific dot timer bar
    - Specific hot timer bar
    -Option to auto join a 'fate' group on entering fate (can be put off) it's a pain to heal fates other wise.
    - More UI models, personally I find the party model way to big.
    As DD I find it fine, as healer it isn't adequate compared to what can be done by a good modder.
    - Simple pet bar option :
    Aggressive: Does what ever it wants
    Defensive: Only uses abilities you assign through options
    Passive: Manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLotD View Post
    Ability to expand company chest slots. Need a company chest log. Guild UI and options need work. No comments next to character name in guild? Come on run of the mill stuff even crappy Neverwinter had in guild options. Also, rank creation needs work. We need more options to have more than one person with GM power. I can't even set company chest withdraw options on members as an AGM.
    Let me know if I'm missing something, feel free to add stuff. Not updating the OP with new suggestions anymore as of Sep. 12th, this got out of hand volume-wise.
    Also, I know the people who do these things most likely will not read this, but go cry about server issues somewhere else!

*Was just told that if you click on "-", a.k.a go below 1, it goes to the maximum amount. That works for me.
    **Yes, we know you can resize most windows individually with CTRL+HOME in the HUD-editor.
    ***Currently, it's as follows: Music in town, teleport out, no music in the zone. Mount up, music. Dismount, silence. Combat, music. Idle in zone, music playing randomly, or silence. I'd love to listen to in-game music all day, but not when it's this spotty, winamp wins. And that's a shame, because most of the music is really nice.
    (408)
    Last edited by FluffyM; 09-21-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Character
    Fluffy Meowington
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Reserved
    /10
    (5)
    Last edited by FluffyM; 08-28-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Niklaus Lucin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I agree with everything on your list! Some things i'd add to the list off the top of my head:

1. Chat bubbles!
    2. Change the sort inventory feature, similar to TERA would be nice
    3. Maybe this exists already, not sure, but make there a way to scroll through group members easier for healing purposes

Edit: Most importantly - the option to actually play the game would be nice too! Even though we all know how much we love the log-in screen mini game that we've been playing since P4.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Inu Akurei
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    - Auto-dismount when riding into city (why do I need to confirm this with a pop-up?)
    That is a bit annoying, +1 for this.

- Auto-dismount on skill-use (!)
    Not really needed.

- Allow to talk to NPCs while mounted (seriously?)
    I assume this isn't allowed because of how cut scenes work. They most likely just take your current character model and use it for the cut scene, meaning if you were mounted when you initiated the cut scene, you'll be mounted in the cut scene.

- Implement Market Board into Retainers, selling stuff is a pain.
    Slightly annoying but not too much.

- Add indicator to armory-chest that shows which items are part of a set (for sorting out materia-food and vendor-trash)
    Yes please. +1

- Make minions unclickable by the owner (not sure this is feasible, but they do get in the way. A lot).
    I've never had this issue, and I play with keyboard only (sometime mouse too)

Chat bubbles!
    There are chat bubbles? Unless you mean chat bubbles for players, in which case no thanks.

Change the sort inventory feature, similar to TERA would be nice
    A sort inventory button would be nice since my auto sort seems to be broken.

Maybe this exists already, not sure, but make there a way to scroll through group members easier for healing purposes
    F1-F5 selects your party members.

Allow purchase of single items from a stack of items in the market board. No... I don't want to buy 99 Crow feather lures, just.. one...
    Yes please.
    (17)
    Last edited by Inuakurei; 08-28-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Character
    Fluffy Meowington
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuakurei View Post
    - Auto-dismount on skill-use
    Not really needed.
    - Allow to talk to NPCs while mounted
    I assume this isn't allowed because of how cut scenes work.
    - Make minions unclickable by the owner
    I've never had this issue, and I play with keyboard only (sometime mouse too)
    1: This is the single most annoying thing to me. Riding up to a mob you have to first manually dismount before using a skill. PITA
    2: They could surely just draw your unmounted model while you're actually still mounted. Other games do it.
    3: Of course you won't have the issue if you don't use a mouse :P The minion follows you around, of course it gets in the way when trying to click on things, they could have seen this coming^^

Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    snip
    Also @Trenma:
    You can hide friendly players' names (and click through them, if you need to reach an NPC for example) by pressing X. Not sure what else you could do..maybe you can hide them unless in a party?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
    Allow purchase of single items from a stack of items in the market board. No... I don't want to buy 99 Crow feather lures, just.. one...
    I listed this slightly differently in the OP, because the way it is right now, it is the listing players' fault you can't buy single items. If I listed 10 of an item, I'd want to sell all 10 at once. If someone lists 99 of something, they might feel differently, but don't know they have to split the item before listing them. I hope that's okay with you.
    (1)
    Last edited by FluffyM; 08-28-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tannlore Belegeria
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I'll add one!

(39)

Player
    Character
    Minna Valara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I'll add one!

this.

/10char
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Selyndria Evangeline
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I'll add one!

This has to do entirely with how people are posting their items. I think people posting them don't realize they aren't one use items, honestly they probably shouldn't even stack but I believe one synth makes 3. I've sold several but I list them in singles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rakashu Action
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'll add one!

Hell no, if I'm selling an item I want complete control over how much I'm selling it and for what price, no way am I going to play a game where people get the luxury of just buying a couple of my items if they choose to do so. If I put 99 of something up on the market board for a base price, I should have the full option to only sell it in bulk and nothing more. You can't walk into a store and say "Oh, I just want two pieces of bread from this loaf", you have to buy the entire thing.

If they add an option to allow people to buy amounts off of a stack, sure, but this is a horrible idea to just give you the option with out considering the seller.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakashu View Post
    [Snip]If they add an option to allow people to buy amounts off of a stack, sure, but this is a horrible idea to just give you the option with out considering the seller.
    The system in 1.xx had you choose to either sell all the items in a bunch at once or have a bunch of items that people could buy as many as they wanted. Bulk selling as an option isn't bad, it allows charging less but getting more, but I don't want it to be the only option. I hope they bring back the old system of optionally selling in bulk or selling individually without one stack of items taking up 5 retainers worth of selling slots just to cater to those who wish to buy less than 99 of something. It's also far more convenient as a buyer to buy 20 of something out of a stack by inputting the number 20 (like you would for buying things out of an NPC run store) than it is to individually go through the whole purchase process 20 times individually... 1017 isn't the only thing giving people RSI.
    (0)

Page 1 of 230 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast