Page 163 of 230 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2294
    Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I dunno if this has been suggested, but when you use the Duty Roulette, make it so people cannot join an "in progress" party. I was in Copperbell mines today. At the final boss someone had to leave. So the rep joins, we win and she got the roulette bonus for 5 minutes of work.

tl;dr - When you use the DR, you MUST join a party at the beginning.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rinh'sae Poales
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    I dunno if this has been suggested, but when you use the Duty Roulette, make it so people cannot join an "in progress" party. I was in Copperbell mines today. At the final boss someone had to leave. So the rep joins, we win and she got the roulette bonus for 5 minutes of work.

Duty Roulette says you have to complete at least 2 objectives for the reward (I think--I'm not in the game atm to check). Are you sure they got the roulette bonus? I've never joined an in-progress Duty Roulette so I'm not entirely sure if it actually works like it says.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aneas Corilius
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60

Using your logic, then it would only be fair that if you don't want to allow 'join in progress' then if someone leaves your party, you automatically lose and don't win. Grow up, be thankful someone came and saved your ass.
    (29)

Aneas Corilius of Lindblum. I am at your service, kupo!

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Duty Roulette says you have to complete at least 2 objectives for the reward (I think--I'm not in the game atm to check). Are you sure they got the roulette bonus? I've never joined an in-progress Duty Roulette so I'm not entirely sure if it actually works like it says.
    Not 100% sure. They said they joined an In Progress Duty Roulette and happened to join ours right at the final boss. They said they got the bonus but /shrug.

Aneas, of course people could choose a specific dungeon to join In Progress and just happen to join my party mmmk? They wouldn't get the Roulette bonus but would join the party that used Roulette.
    (0)

Character
    Kiki Eekiki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    I don't think so, since one of the possible things you could get on a duty roulette is the story mode Ifrit trial, which only has one objective.

That said, I disagree with Lucke's suggestion. The duty roulette is meant to give people more incentive to repeat low level content. Let's not take incentives away please.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    N'hara Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Duty Roulette says you have to complete at least 2 objectives for the reward (I think--I'm not in the game atm to check).
    You get your reward upon successful completion of the duty, regardless of the objectives (like bosses, or even those "open the door" objectives?) you were there for.

Is it kinda cheap? Yeah, I guess, but it's better than being stuck without someone to come replace who was lost.

Aneas, of course people could choose a specific dungeon to join In Progress and just happen to join my party mmmk? They wouldn't get the Roulette bonus but would join the party that used Roulette.
    Be reasonable, here. It's way more efficient to fill empty party slots in ALL dungeons by allowing people in the Duty Roulette to queue for in-progress, then to hope that someone is both queueing for your dungeon specifically and queueing in progress.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nahara; 01-09-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gaius Callus
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 51
    Why exactly does it matter if someone gets rewarded for 5 minutes of work? Its like being mad because someone on the other side of the planet found a diamond mine and became rich. It doesn't affect you in the slightest...actually I take that back. In this instance it does because that diamond mine owner just helped you out by granting you the final party member required to finish the dungeon.

I might be willing to entertain the argument if maybe they showed up, rolled on loot and won but even then, phils are so easy to obtain now I can't imagine someone honestly lamenting over not obtaining some piece of ilvl60 gear from Copper Bell HM or any dungeon that isn't CT.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahara View Post
    Stuff
    No no, I understand the point of Roulette, I guess the issue is that (as selfish as this sounds) If I spend 30 minutes fighting bosses and wiping and stuff, then someone joins the party at the final boss and we win, they get the Roulette bonus for 5 minutes of work whilst the rest of us had to spend the time and effort to get to that final boss, and he someone comes in to reap our work for full rewards.

If the rewards change based on how much stuff you do, that's different. If I fight 3/3 bosses I should get 100% of the reward. If someone pops in at the final boss and spends 10 minutes in the dungeon and wins, (doing 1/3 the content) do they deserve the full bonus? Doesn't that spit in the face of the people who did more of the dungeon?
    (0)

Character
    Kiki Eekiki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    No no, I understand the point of Roulette, I guess the issue is that (as selfish as this sounds) If I spend 30 minutes fighting bosses and wiping and stuff, then someone joins the party at the final boss and we win, they get the Roulette bonus for 5 minutes of work whilst the rest of us had to spend the time and effort to get to that final boss, and he someone comes in to reap our work for full rewards.
    You have the option to click on "join in progress" yourself. Then sometimes you'd be the one getting the bonus for doing five minutes of work.

Otherwise, given the choice of having to exit and requeue or having someone join in progress via duty roulette and finishing the dungeon then and there, which is the more attractive proposition?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Zelophihad Lightsworn
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    So what?

It's also worth noting that joining an in progress party entails a substantial amount of risk. Yeah, you might get lucky with a good group that just had a disconnect and get tomes for five minutes of work, but you also might get a group that had players drop because the remaining players were struggling. The reward in the case you mention is offset by the greater risk.

But even if the risk was not a factor, this is still a trivial complaint. You have lost nothing; why envy your replacement's good fortune?
    (10)

Page 163 of 230 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 ... LastLast