Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybeast View Post
    Excellent counter point, oh wait no its not because if they sell their items faster then mine can be sold too. If they have an endless supply of said items, the lowest price WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONLY PRICE BOUGHT AT. They can put down 20 stacks of 99, ensuring NO ONE will ever sell that item again.

Do you people even use your brains around here?
    use your brain too someone else will just under cut the 20 stacks of 99. reason we need to sell sinlges from a stack everyone wins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dash Meridian
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    I got caught out by this since I'm used to MMO's that let you choose how many in a stack you want to purchase. So I clicked on a stack of 40, thinking the spilt choice would pop up.. but nope.. I ended up forking over 40k gil for the whole stack.

Not amused. I think the only people who would be happy with the current system is those looking to sucker people into buying whole stacks by mistake.
    (0)

Character
    Kupo'nut Cheesecake
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I split stacks in 20 20 20 20 19 and sell food like that. easiest solution I could find I wont waste my time selling food singles, people can buy in 20s
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bizzy Beast
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    use your brain too someone else will just under cut the 20 stacks of 99. reason we need to sell sinlges from a stack everyone wins.
    Really dumb response. Ill use YOUR brain for you. You said "everybody wins", the point is that ONLY ONE PERSON WINS. If Bob sells iron ore, 5 per, you WONT BUY Tim's Iron Ore at 6 per.

If Bob sells bulk Iron Ore at 5 per, Tim can sell smaller amounts at 6 per, BOTH are valid sales and BOTH have a chance at selling.

Price undermining is going to happen no matter what, no duh dude, but to ENCOURAGE it to this degree will destroy the already terrible economy and market system. Bring back Market Wards and Bazaars, only way to fix it..

So once again I, seemingly the only barer of common sense, decline this terribly piss poor idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tessa Jalloh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    The issue here isn't that we can't specify the size of the stacks, it's that the purchaser can't purchase only what they need.

they should be able to buy just 1 from our stack, or the whole thing, just like they could in 1.0

It's hardly a leap of logic to see which is better for everyone.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zoltan Zornfaust
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Working as intended

Quote Originally Posted by TessaJalloh View Post
    The issue here... is that the purchaser can't purchase only what they need.

they should be able to buy just 1 from our stack
    I couldn't disagree more. The market wards are for selling items. The puropose if for the seller to earn money and for players to find items that they want to acquire. If you only need a small quantity of an item, go farm it yourself.

Too often people take for granted that people who actually take the time to level a Disicple of the Hand crafting job or a DoL job are trying to rip the lower level players off. Quite the contrary, they are providing a service and are due to be compensated.

If you want my stuff, then you need to buy all of it. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing prevents the purchaser from reselling any amount that they don't use.

So, then what is the problem? Don't you tip your wait staff? Probably not.

File this under: Working as Intended!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by pochte View Post
    you can split the stacks and then put em on the marketboard.
    My problem is that the seller did not do that for me. I need 1 damn Pixie Plum, but people are selling 99 plums or 93 plums. This is crazy.

I mean I don't mind having to buy 5 or 10 or 20 when I only need 1, but buying 90 or 99? UGH! Not to mention that the price is ridiculously high. It is like 18000gil a stack. Come on, I usually earn just about 7 gil selling my old gear to an NPC. LOL.

I can see the point about stack being not full and highly likely won't be depleted to 0, causing the market to clog up.

It would be great, however, if sellers would be considerate enough to sell stuff in a bulk of lower quantity. Maybe if the Retainer has the options to select from, like, to sell by 1 (individual), by 10, by 30, by 50, or by 99. That would be more encouraging for the seller to try to split (without having to split manually) before selling.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aleczan; 08-31-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kiro Okita
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    It's the SELLER's choice (fault) for choosing to sell a full stack of an item rather than 1,5,10,any denomination other than 99/999.

To the people wanting to be able to buy 1 of a stack of 99...no.

I understand the reasoning and the want for it but I don't think SE should implement a feature where you can just buy 1 item out of a stack. In the MMOs mentioned before I don't recall ever being able to say, "I don't want to buy a full stack, just want 1" and being able to do so. It's always been up to the SELLER to set the quantity.

To people saying you can't specify the qty you sell, what game are you playing? I've been selling stacks of 10 and 25 since the beginning of Open Beta.
    (0)
    Kiro Okita Sargatanas

Player
    Character
    Karl Hurtig
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    This choice makes so that there is far more to buying and selling than just the simple usual "I'll undercut" and "I'll buy at the lowest unit price". I.e. it leads to interesting gameplay decisions, which I very much enjoy.

Very recently I bought an item that had a higher unit price because the lower unit price required me to buy far more units.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiro Okita
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtigeKarl View Post
    This choice makes so that there is far more to buying and selling than just the simple usual "I'll undercut" and "I'll buy at the lowest unit price". I.e. it leads to interesting gameplay decisions, which I very much enjoy.

Very recently I bought an item that had a higher unit price because the lower unit price required me to buy far more units.
    This is a positive dynamic that a lot of current MMO auction houses have and it's such a minor thing but leads to a lot more interesting than "make it so I get the cheapest thing of what I want in a quantity that I need".

You actually have to sift through prices if you don't want to screw yourself over.
    (0)
    Kiro Okita Sargatanas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3