Player
    Character
    Cyan Bondy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

Macros and commands!

Hello everyone, I have been asked to post this here a few times on the beta forums from phase 3, so here it is!

Updates!

I may add pictures haha.

Macros now dont need to be re-applied to your hotbar in order to update them.

new macro command /macroicon !!! amazing too (allows a macro to have the icon of s skill, and shows the tp/mp cost, recast, combo, etc.)!

Marking targets repeatedly will now mark, unmark, mark, unmark, etc (which i find needs a better system, because before, it didnt unmark targets which allowed a marking command in your macro, which allowed you to mark something that youre fighting so that your party can attack it together with you. Just my 2 cents).

Contents

1)Basic Commands
    2)Before getting started
    3)Action Commands -or- "Skills
    4)Buffing, Buffing Order, and Recasting
    5)Advanced Macros
    6)Targeting, Assisting, and Marking
    7)Equipment Macros
    8)Crafting Macros

1)Basic Commands

Besides things such as /t which sends a tell or /r which replies to a person who sent you a tell, there are some basic commands that you can put in macros to display things such as your tp by using <tp>.
    You can either type these commands or put them in a macro such as:

/p my tp is at <tp> -which will read something like 950/1000 or w/e your tp is at

Same can be done with hp and mana by using <mp> <hp> or <mpp> which displays a percentage instead.

Some more "advanced" commands, for lack of a better word, that will be covered further into the guide are:
    Using <t> or target commands to interact with a target, either by an emote, or a /tell, or even to cast a spell on (spells and abilities will be covered later), an example:

/t <t> Hi there! nice to meet you!

Another command similar to <t> is the <me> command which will target yourself, you will want to use this command in your buff macros so that your abilities/spells actually cast on yourself.

Number such as <1> or <4> etc will display that persons name or target that person with a spell, if used in a macro.
    The command <mo>, or mouse over, when used on a macro will cure or drop an AoE, where ever your mouse if hovering over.
    A /wait time is needed in certain macros if you want them to cast things such as buffs with just pressing the button once, unless you prefer to hit the button over and over to apply your buffs. A wait time of 1 is needed for abilities, where as i belive 3 is needed for skills/spells.
    Using /echo will display a message in the chat box that only you can see. You can use this, say, as a notice to tell you that all your buffs are up by putting it on the end of a buffing macro.

The <se.1> to <se.16> is a new command that plays a sound effect, just like calls from FF11. Some times, especially at higher level dungeons, etc., there is so much stuff going on you dont have time to look at the chat box all the time, so this can be used to get the attention of party members. This can be used to tell people to move from a boss aoe that may wipe the party, or to attack adds if people did not see them spawn, or even wake up someone who fell asleep at the keyboard! An example of this:

/p Destroy the Infernal Fetters or we will wipe to Hellfire again! <se.12> !!!!

These are just the basics and will get into it more down further into the guide!

2)Before getting started

A couple things you should take note of when creating a macro:

When creating a macro, make sure to always use /macroicon which is covered in 3)Action Commands -or- "Skills".

First thing you want to do for, i guess you could call them "advanced macros" (see 5)Advanced Macros), is click the COG icon on you chat bar, a new window will appear which is the character configuration>Log window settings and click on the general tab at the bottom, then go to the announcements tab and disable error messages so that you chat doesnt get flooded with error text.

You dont need to use quotation if the skill name is one word, but you have to make sure it is spelled correctly with proper capitalization, if you use "bloodbath" instead of "Bloodbath" then the skill will not work.

I would suggest having a separate "Dungeon" hotbar over a normal "solo" hotbar (See
    "6)Targeting, Assisting, and Marking").

3)Action Commands -or- "Skills"

Before you put any commands in you macro make sure /macroicon is at the top of your macro!
    I had made a forum post back in phase 3 asking for this and im surpised they even made something like this, whether they seen my post or not XD.

This command, will make your macro icon show a skill you specify and its tp/mp cost, AND its recast!

and example of this is:

/macroicon "Heavy Swing"

To use magic or weapon skills in macros, called action commands, is to type:

/ac "Cure" <t>

-or-

/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>

you can make a macro to let your tank know that you need a quick rest such as:

/ac "Cure" <t>
    /p I need a quick rest after this fight my MP is at <mp>.

You can use <1> - <10> where 1-10 is the order they are in you party. So now you can heal players without actually targeting them in your party. and example of that is:

An example of <#>

/ac "Cure" <2>

As well as <#> there is also <mo> or <mouse> where you can cast a specific Action command on whatever target you mouse is hovering over, whether that be on another player or enemy.
    Example:

/ac "Cure" <mo>

or

/ac "Heavy Shot" <mo>

4)Buffing, Buffing Order, and Recasting

Next i will quickly show you some buff macros.

At level 30, on say Marauder, you have about 3 or so buff, and have 5 additional actions which are action commands that you can use off another different jobs that you have leveled. If you read what your abilities do, inside the action window, near the bottom it will say what jobs can use that skill. EG on Maruader, Heavy Strike will say MRD WAR but Blood Bath with say MRD WAR GLD PLD etc.

So if you have many jobs leveled you can have 5 buffs from additional actions ontop of the 3 you have and that can eat up your hotbar, especially on ps3.
    So for Buff macros you can use:

/macroicon "Bloodbath"
    /ac "Bloodbath" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ac "Raging Strikes" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ac "Berserk" <me>
    /echo All my buffs are up!

/echo puts messages in your chat box that only you can see and doesnt display your name. I put these at the end of my buff macros to let me know when i can start to attack because if you press an action command during the buffing phase, it will cancel your buffing macro. Also, a minimum wait time of 1 is needed for abilities, and 3 is needed for weaponskills/magick

When building a buff macro, i suggest putting defensive buffs before offensive buffs as they are active because youre taking damage, and not wasting duration. You can waste like 4 seconds off a Raging Strikes or Berserk if those were at the start of your buff macro. Lastly, i would put your best offensive buffs, at the end of the buff macro to maximize their duration.

Alternatively you can do this macro without the /wait and /echo but you will have to mash the buff button over and over untill all the buffs are applied because there is a 1 second cool down between buffs and cannot apply them all instantly.

I Suggest you leave at least 1 buff, the main buff you would wanna use such as berserk, on your hot bar, since there isnt a way to make the macro display the picture of a buff you have so that it shows its cooldown picture.

Alternatively, you could make a macro such as:

/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
    /recast "Raging Strikes"

This will tell you the cooldown time on your skill in the chat box. Though, this would only be useful if you hotbar is full and you have buffs on your second hotbar or something like that since /macroicon is now in game and makes /recast kinda obsolete.

5)Advanced Macros

I will show you is a couple examples of macros that you can potentially use. I will be using an example of MRD with additional actions from Pugilist and Gladiator. Keep in mind, since there are no /wait between the action commands, you will have to keep hitting the macro to manually cast all the buff/skills.

/macroicon "Overpower"> -This will display overpower and its tp/recast
    /ac "Convalescence" <me>> -this will increase healing effects on you by 20%
    /ac "Internal Release" <me> -this will increase crit rate and lasts 15 sec CD 60sec
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t> -an attack for when the mob is at 20% hp or below
    /ac "Overpower" <t> -Aoe enmity ability
    /ac "Tomahawk" <t> -Use range attack when out of range of overpower, fishing

Basically, in this macro, you will be putting up 3 buffs before engaging the enemy. If the enemy is not in range of your melee AoE, then you will use your range attack, which is Tomahawk then use your melee AoE which is Overpower as soon as theyre in range.

Next a little archer and pugulist example.

/macroicon "Heavy Shot"> -This will display heavy shot and its tp/recast
    /ac "Internal Release" <me> -this will increase crit rate and lasts 15 sec CD 60
    /ac "Raging Strikes" <me> -Increase attack by 20%
    /ac "Misery’s End" <t> -an attack for when the mob is at 20% hp or below
    /ac "Bloodletter" <t> -beleive a no tp, no global cooldown skill, i forget haha
    /ac "Heavy Shot" <t> -Heavy Shot xD

Might be able to put a shadowbind in between bloodletter and heavy shot but im not sure if it would work or not from the cast time of bloodletter

6)Targeting, Assisting, and Marking

In addition to making macro's, you can make situational macros which can be useful for dungeons and other party oriented battles.
    One thing you can do is add a targeting function at the begining of your macros such as /targetnpc at the the front of your macros, though i dont use it, i can see it would help tanking in dungeons. Here is an example:

/macroicon "Overpower"
    /targetnpc
    /ac "Convalescence" <me>
    /ac "Internal Release" <me>
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
    /ac "Overpower" <t>
    /ac "Tomahawk" <t>

The next thing you can do is mark targets to attack or avoid with macro commands.
    You can mark targets with:

/enemysign attack1 <t> or /marking attack1 <t> or /mk attack1 <t>

This will put a big number over the enemies heads.

Next, you can target the marked target with <attack#>.

Now i really only use this one on GLA, MRD, THM and CNJ mostly, have used it on ARC as well.
    Here is an example:

/macroicon "Sleep"
    /mk attack3 <t>
    /ac "Sleep" <t>
    /p I'm sleeping number 3! Please don't attack it.

Also, if youre in a dungeon and your tank has a macro such as:

/macroicon "Overpower"
    /enemysign attack1 <t>
    /ac "Convalescence" <me>
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
    /ac "Overpower" <t>

Then you could use a macro such as:

/macroicon "Heavy Shot"
    /target <attack1>

/ac "Misery’s End" <t>
    /ac "Bloodletter" <t>
    /ac "Heavy Shot" <t>

I dont prefer this method as, link i provided above, there is a command to /assist or /as is in game as well

/assist <1> (which is covered next) or whatever number your tank is in party which would be way better than the /lockon <attack#> because it takes 2 to tango with that method.

If your tank doesnt use the /enemysign attack1 <t> macro then it kind of voids the /target <attack1>.
    So i suggest using /as command over the previous one.

Last bit i will touch on is assisting.
    I would suggest having a separate "Dungeon" hotbar with /assist or /as macros over your normal "solo" hotbar
    An Example of a dungeon macro would be:

For assisting, lets use a light party as an example (party of 4), you can set up 4 macros in your macro build tab, that target the tank depending which slot theyre in under the party roster.
    Example:

/assist <1>

or

/assist <2>

You can put this command on your hotbar as an individual macro, specifically for your party to focus a single target (so you hit the same mob the tank is).

I use this macro a lot in dungeon parties. When i join a party, i see what slot the tank is in, and just put that slot specific macro on my hotbar.

Another way to use /assist is on an action command macro itself.
    Example:

/assist <2> -if your tank is the second person in the party roster
    /ac "Misery’s End" <t>
    /ac "Bloodletter" <t>
    /ac "Heavy Shot" <t>

Now this way can be funky, because if the tank swaps targets when the mob is almost dead, to build hate on another target, then you will swap as well.

Also, like with the previous sleep macro, you can do:

/macroicon "Sleep"
    /mk attack3 <t>
    /ac "Sleep" <t>
    /p I'm sleeping number 3! Please don't attack it.
    /wait 1
    /assist <2>
    -assuming the tank is the second person in roster

This may require a little more work, as you have to re-edit your macros for your dungeons etc. Or, require time if you want to build 4 of the same macro but with a different party number ( <1> <2> <3> <4>) to be able to have utility and put the macro on your dungeon hotbar. But im just showing what you can potentially do.

Another way to assist is to use <tt> which basically means "Target of my Target" so you use healing spells on enemies that are attacking you tank, it will heal the tank. Now this is situational, as if your tank starts hitting the pillar in the Ifrit battle or, hitting the additional giant mob in the copperbell mines dungeon, when the mob is always aggroing the cave wall to let in reinforcements, then it wont really work.
    An example of that type of macro is:

/ac "Cure II" <tt>

or

/targetnpc
    /ac "Cure II" <tt>

Macro's such as this should put less stress on everyone in the party and eliminate fights between party members such as "Omg get hate off me" "attack same targets!" etc haha

An example of one of my Conjurer Macros:

/macroicon "Stone"
    /ac "Stone" <tt>

A very simple macro but, this allows you to keep the tank or party members always targeted so you can cure them while being able to easily deal damage to the tanks target, using Damage over time spells, use cleric stance, etc, without worry of miss-targeting while the tank is getting destroyed.

7)Equipment Macros

You dont need to use equipment macros because you can create different equipment load outs under the character tab and just put them on your hotbar.

Now, im not sure what types of items could be in game now, but if there are say, specific items that give, i dont know, a bonus to fire resistance.
    Then you could make an equiping macro such as:

/equip legs "Galka Subligar of Infinite Sorrows" -equips your fire resistant armour

7)Crafting Macros

You can also have macro for crafting. As Milruka shows, here is an example of crafting an item that can be built in 2-3 swings, say, an iron ingot:

/action "Basic Touch" <me>
    /wait 3
    /wait 3
    /wait 3
    /action "Master's Mend" <me>
    /wait 3
    /action "Basic Synthesis" <me>
    /wait 3
    /wait 3

Now this kind of macro will be great for leveling up, because it tries to raise the HQ 3 times (which increases exp gain), then heals the items durability so that you can now finish making the item.
    Though, if youre trying to HQ, items then dont use this method because you should be using basic touch when the crafting orb is red and rainbow, and when youre one step away from building the actual item XD.

So, i believe that has covered most of the usefulness of macros. Besides putting emotes and stuff in macros haha like in final fantasy 11 when some tarutaru white mage as a macro like:

/ma "Cure II" <p1>
    /panic motion

Then they start dancing while casting cure haha. though it might not work since there are combat stances, not sure though XD.

Hopefully i did not post this and someone had already discussed this xD, i did search the forums and didnt find anything.

Hopfully this help a little, enjoy your time in Eorzea!
    (37)
    Last edited by Bondy; 09-01-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chocobocharmer Bahamut
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Only did a brief read through, but looks good man!

One thing, I'd make the green text darker so it's easier to read

Also I don't think you can swap gear mid fight
    (0)
    Last edited by Chocob0charmer; 08-28-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mirrkala Ulfur
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 40
    I knew most of this except that I could use decimal places in the wait time. Thank you!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kule Ito
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 75
    Thanks for compiling this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I'll have to play around with later (at work right now...boo!). Thanks for starting this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyan Bondy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocob0charmer View Post
    Only did a brief read through, but looks good man!

One thing, I'd make the green text darker so it's easier to read

Also I don't think you can swap gear mid fight
    Sorry, haha, on the beta forums it had a black background, so was nicer!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I've been trying but I haven't found a way yet to make a macro to select a random mount.

Any of the macro experts may give some insight in this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyan Bondy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannythm View Post
    I've been trying but I haven't found a way yet to make a macro to select a random mount.

Any of the macro experts may give some insight in this?
    I dont really understand your questions.

There is a command that you can put on your hotbar to mount/dismount oO
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sol Marron
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    nice work! bookmarked... sticky this plz!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    One thing that I cannot find anywhere - though I know there is a command for it - is the text command for switching the active hotbar. If someone happens to remember what it is, it would be worth it's weight in gold to me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast