Character
    Sweaty Betty
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Turn 2 - Allagan ROT

Quick poll:

Which method does your group find easier....circle and passing it around, or stacking method? and why?

Any tips appreciated. Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raging Smezer
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 56
    Hello,

For my group, we put markers on players (1,2,3,4 and 5) and take position like that :

1 2
    5 4 3

- Two lines
    - If the healers are too busy, say to the dps to move to take the rot instead of the healer
    - simulate the position before engaging.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syhril Lahnia
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    My group sets up the 2 in the front 3 in the back setup for one rot rotation then stacks the rest. Then everyone moves together to avoid AoE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flash Silver
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I've only attempted Turn 2 a few times.

Can someone explain the stacking method? I thought it always had to be passed around?

Player
    Character
    Eara Weaver
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    We stand in a circle.

--2----3
    1---------4

Healers are 1 and 4, who dont move unless avoiding aoe.

edit: lines because it doesnt format well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I mark everyone 1-5. Positioning as follows:

PHP Code:
        T1 > ( ADS ) < T2

^

M

2      1      5

3      4 
    1: Caster
    2: Healer
    3: Bard
    4: Bard
    5: Healer

1: Picks up from 5 at seven seconds, brings to 2 at seven seconds. (Set focus target to 5 to monitor timers without having to target.)
    2: Stands still. Announces he or she has rot.
    3: Picks up from 2 at seven seconds, brings to 4 at seven seconds. (Set focus target to 2 to monitor timers without having to target.)
    4: Brings to 5 at seven seconds.
    5: Stands still. Announces he or she has rot.

Advantages of trapezoid pattern (as shown): as long as people are spread out and ADS is positioned in the center, only ONE person will be the target of beam. Everyone else will be out of range, or just on the edge of the AoE. One person getting hit by beam is not a catastrophe (although everyone should be avoiding it).

Note: During the first 30~ of rot, 1-5 need to be VERY careful not to accidentally pass it too soon while dodging beam. It is best to spread out more during this time, or make sure you are running AWAY from the group when you dodge. If the melee has to dodge circular aoe, he or she needs to be very careful not to accidentally snag rot off the front row. The front row has to be very careful not to be standing too close to where ADS/tanks/melee are.

What do you do when rot starts? If it's on a tank, a melee will pick it up and bring it to 1. If it's on a melee, a melee will bring it to 1. 1 will start the cycle. If it spawns on someone else, start from that number and work forward.

Why is the caster in the middle? SMN/BLM is by far the easiest job in this fight. We don't have to heal people, we don't have to avoid AoEs (except beam), we don't have to worry about silence rotation... All we have to do is avoid things, dps, and make sure rot is secured. I take it upon myself to keep an eye on rot, announce who has it in mumble, etc, because other people are too busy doing other things.

Why are the healers in the front? Range for medica/succor is best when healers are in the front, between the tanks/melee and the ranged in the back.

Why are the bards in the back? Assuming you are using bards for silence rotation, this is to make it easier on them once pacman starts. Bards in the back should never be in range of pacman... but if they are, it will probably only be the last stack of it, which won't hurt you that much. Bards should avoid pacman at all costs, however, because I believe it stuns and they will need to silence immediately after this ability. Tanks should be rotating silences as well (as a backup for bards). Tanks can rotate silence and stacks using roughly the same timing. (I'm not a tank so I can't explain this in depth but perhaps another tank could.)

Why does 1 pick up from 5 and bring to 2? Why does 3 pick up from 2? 2 and 5 are healers. By having dps drop off and pick up rot, this fight is easier on your healers.

Why don't you like stacking? I don't like stacking because that means there is a very high chance that everyone will have to run out of beam nearly every time it spawns. Having people spread out in a trapezoid leaves less room for error, and all of your people won't need to move as much.

Can you do the fight another way? Yes. But I think this is the most foolproof, personally.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ryuko; 11-18-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sheepy Sheepy
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    interesting

we do a line of 1-4 and then one guy runs round the back and gives it back to 1
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syhril Lahnia
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Husband View Post
    I've only attempted Turn 2 a few times.

Can someone explain the stacking method? I thought it always had to be passed around?
    If everyone has the Rot debuff, once they all stack, as the debuff wears off it will take care of it self as long as you have at least 5 people stacking up. You just have to get to that phase of all 5 people having the debuff, before then if you stack you will wipe.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sweaty Betty
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    so what we are doing is, the first person to get the rot says so, then one at a time, we enter the stack, so that eventually everyone is in the stack and dont have to worry anymore after that. It's just a busy fight, lots going on, 2 people are doing high voltage, lasers everywhere, lotta tank damage at that point....maybe its just practice
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wiggly Pinworms
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Hot potatoe seems to work for us. Everyone is spread out so the lightening aoe doesn't hit everyone. Just got to communicate who has the potatoe and when it's passed.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast