Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteltain View Post
    Y'know, I remember a topic about Turn 3 seeming odd to many people. Mayhap the solution lies there?
    Its obvious you have to aggro all of the dreadguard in turn 3 that do not attack and have a ton of HP and then train them all the way to turn 5 without kill them and they will soak up the twisters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Artoph Warr
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Maybe you need to wear or use an item to survive the Twister. Nobody knows what it is yet?

Just like in WoW with the Onyxia Scale Cloak
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Misaka Kitsunagi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Waiting for the massive butthurt

Anything else left to cry wolf about?
    They're going to find the strategy then say "THERES NO WAY WE COULD HAVE FOUND THAT NORMALLY SHIT GAME"

Although I am worried it might be similar to FFXII and the zodiak spear. Its starting to sound that way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Senzura; 10-19-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Robin Icebrand
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NarwhalShadowsun View Post
    A damn fine instrument at that!
    I'm actually learning to play that instrument, haha!

...should probably edit my post ._.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avelle Asteria
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NarwhalShadowsun View Post
    A damn fine instrument at that!
    I play violin so the mixup between the two words always gets me. Viola is a neat instrument too though!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuroi Ken
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 37
    H-have you guys tried standing under the Boss? cause it you know it might be position based or something, idk just throwin ideas out
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misaka Kitsunagi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroiKen View Post
    H-have you guys tried standing under the Boss? cause it you know it might be position based or something, idk just throwin ideas out
    People get mad when you try and suggest things, careful. At this point it doesn't seem to be position. Its most likely a mechanic.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuroi Ken
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    People get mad when you try and suggest things, careful. At this point it doesn't seem to be position. Its most likely a mechanic.
    ive noticed:d but at this point it seems like its the best thing to do even if people don't like it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sonya Arinborn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    As the original poster of the debate on Reddit that most are familiar with, I'd like to clarify a few things at this point.

First - I REALLY appreciate SEs formal response on this, which goes to show that with enough discussion, as stated in the thread, we can get some information when things are feeling fishy.

Second - This is about the most detail I think we could expect them to give, so I'm not asking for more, but this doesn't say that the strategy people are using right now is the incorrect one, nor does it atually address the possibility of it just being laggy positional updates. That's not a buggy mechanic, that's the state of the game overall, which is described in a much larger thread with video proof. (Here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-everybody%29 ). (cont)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sonya Arinborn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    This response does convince me 100% that the mechanic is not buggy, but it DOES NOT convince me 100% that the mechanic is not heavily effected by this issue by being one of the tighter examples of 'move'. However, with SEs response here having cleared up the possibility of 'buggyness' there is a next step. There's been a lot of words passed around about people ignoring people on ideas or people says 'play better' or crying wolf etc. But the fact of the matter is, it's just difficult to address every individual. Instead:

Today I'll be making a thread for Twisters 'ideas' which will SPECIFICALLY need a video showing the idea failed in order to put an X on 'nope doesn't work'. This will also allow us to compare videos where 'no it didn't work' and 'yes it did work the next time' so that more people see why a lot of people on this phase right now are so confused about the inconsistency, and find small differences.
    (4)

Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast