Player
    Character
    Litre Taregant
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Non-Legacy 1.0 Players - No Chocobo Whistle and Cannot Re-Do Quest

After joining the Grand Company, noticed the Chocobo Issuance isn't purchasable from the Grand Company quartermaster, I'm already private second rank and on the lvl 24 GC quest.

I checked my Journal, under complete it says "My Little Chocobo" (Gridania) complete! What the heck?!? I am positive I have no chocobo whistle either, checked delivery moogle, inventory, key items, retainer.

Note I am a 1.0 account that isn't Legacy, I think SQ assumed everyone on 1.0 was legacy and there is a bug where non-legacy 1.0 players can't re-do the quest for a chocobo whistle. I feel totally betrayed, all that extra time running around lvl 21-24.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    In case someone else comes across this thread and have the same problem (since it solved itself for you):

Check with the Calamity Salvager NPC.
    You probably have a chocobo whistle there that you just need to use once and then you'll be able to call your chocobo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Litre Taregant
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Ya found it, SQ really needs to tell us 1.0 non-legacy players that, I'm sure legacy players got the note, but this is the first time I've heard of any calamity salvager!
    (0)