Player
    Character
    Azure Xanh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

Do you remember your first time playing FFXIV?

I do . I started with FFXIV 1.0. collector's edition, so it was really easy to remember the whole population within Ul'Dah (but that changed when the standard edition came out, way too many people!).

Other than completing the first quest and talking to every NPC within Ul'Dah.

With my newly-found complete freedom to explore, I ran on to the road that directed me straight to Gridania. The road was packed with people running between cities.

When I just entered the Black Shroud, whenever I saw a player exiting I would stop and talk to them about where I came from and where they were heading!

When I finally reached Gridania city, in every area I visited I would shout "I am from Ul'Dah!!!"

Good times .

So, what did you do with your first time on FFXIV

The "Do you remember your first time playing FFXIV?" is officially sponsored by The Blue & Yellow Club: The Guild of Nakama [Hyperion]

(2)

Player
    Character
    Tomodachi Kikan
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 54
    I remember landing into Gridania looking into the sky and hearing the words "Hear, Feel, Think" Then being chased out of the forest by a treant
    (3)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    My fondest, most heart warming memory of 1.0 was hitting the log out button.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blaze Chronic
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    My memories of 1.0 are as follows (on release day) :

- Fighting a Jelly-fish on a boat and being like "WTF UI/controls for the loss"
    - Talking to the bartender dude, and then having absolutely no idea what to do next.
    - Wandering around aimlessly until I finally reached La Noscea (crap that was a long bridge).
    - Trying, for the life of me, to claim a mob. ANY mob. A squirrel, a beetle, a rat, ANYTHING! What a mess!
    - FINALLY seeing an available mob, aggro it ASAP!!!!!
    - "The Dodo hits you for 150 points of damage"
    - "You have died."
    - ????????
    - FFXIV:ARR

That is my story.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wren Myrmer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    I most definitely remember some good moments, and not so good moments from 1.0.
    Getting off the boat, and 100's of people trying to move and advance. I think a lot of people just got stuck.
    Finding level 50+ enemies pretty close to outside of Ul'Dah was fun too. I kind of secretly liked the fact that danger was so close.
    (1)
    XIV SOURCE | Final Fantasy XIV Database and Community
    www.xivsource.com

Player
    Character
    Garnet Drake
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 20
    I remember it well, playing the Beta for 1.0. My train of thought went like this:

"hmm, the game's nice, like XI but more supportive of solo play, I just hope there's a little more to do at release."

How wrong I was... release came and went, as did the first few months and all I had to do was a few guild leves a day and a lot of [insert prefix] marmots to kill. Eventually I gave up. Time passed and I got into the ARR beta, and my first thought was "wow, they actually managed to make a game out of that mess"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hanabira Asashi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    -hits menu button- .......waits 10 seconds..... -hits menu button again-....menu opens and immediately closes... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I started in Ul'dah. It was great. I followed the story quest for a bit. Did some Dodo Parties, Nannygoat Parties. It was a good two weeks before I even went to another City State.
    My fondest memory was selling items by shouting in town about what was available in my personal Bazaar.
    (0)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Internet Explorer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I remember starting in closed beta on the PS3. I couldn't figure out how the map worked, or anything.... Overall I was like "I hate this game and its UI is horrible why did I even consider it"

and then I found out I could play closed beta on my PC as well. Annnndd now I love the game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Floyd; 08-28-2013 at 04:28 AM.