Player
    Character
    Carde Graves
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60

Changing GCs

How? I can't find anyone or anything that seems to know how its done.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nergui Geneq
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I would also like to know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oompa Loompa
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 43
    Quote Originally Posted by Chek View Post
    How? I can't find anyone or anything that seems to know how its done.
    I believe you just go to the other GC office and there you can tell them you want to change. IIRC this happened to me the other day when accidentally talking to another GC leader.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carde Graves
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    What level were you at, and what part of the story were you at? I'm pretty sure at this point I just haven't unlocked it yet, because none of the NPCs are letting me change.
    (0)

Greetings,

It's possible to change Grand Companies, but you need to be the proper rank to do so. Once reaching the rank of Second (Storm/Serpent/Flame) Lieutenant, you'll be able to switch to a different Grand Company.

For those of you coming back to the game from 1.0 and have reached the time when you need to select your Grand Company, please be aware that if you choose a different Grand Company from that which you belonged to during 1.0, you will start from the bottom rank and have to work your way up.

After reaching Second (Storm/Serpent/Flame) Lieutenant and you make a decision to go back to your original Grand Company, the rank you attained with that Grand Company will be restored. (They'll welcome you back with open arms…most likely. )
    (38)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm never leaving the Adder but I have some GC gear from Limsa and Ul'dah from1.0 I that can no longer wear/use. Is there a way to turn these items (or even some no longer needed Adder items) into Serpent Seals?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    I'm never leaving the Adder but I have some GC gear from Limsa and Ul'dah from1.0 I that can no longer wear/use. Is there a way to turn these items (or even some no longer needed Adder items) into Serpent Seals?

Yes! We actually mentioned this previously, but you have two options.

You can hang on to them in case you ever do switch to the respective Grand Company, which will allow you to use them once again. Or you can trade them in for Grand Company seals via Expert Delivery Missions, which will be unlocked once you reach the right Grand Company rank.
    (30)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Greedalox Blurflux
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    How quick is the turnover to be able to change GC again. Say im a serpent and I change to a storm and then wantto change again to serpent?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Weiss Blanc
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

It's possible to change Grand Companies, but you need to be the proper rank to do so. Once reaching the rank of Second (Storm/Serpent/Flame) Lieutenant, you'll be able to switch to a different Grand Company.

For those of you coming back to the game from 1.0 and have reached the time when you need to select your Grand Company, please be aware that if you choose a different Grand Company from that which you belonged to during 1.0, you will start from the bottom rank and have to work your way up.

After reaching Second (Storm/Serpent/Flame) Lieutenant and you make a decision to go back to your original Grand Company, the rank you attained with that Grand Company will be restored. (They'll welcome you back with open arms…most likely. )
    can we do this as many times as we like?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hitsu Maruku
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    As an alternative to JillyBean's suggestion, I would like to see a cutoff for GC items from Recruit ranks where the gear obtainable is excluded from the equipment restriction.

I specifically stayed as a Recruit in 1.0 with each GC until I could get all the seal rewards and equip-able items I could before committing to the Flames.

Unfortunately, I now cannot use my Flame Private's Robe (previously Ul'dahn Robe) with my Serpent Private's Crook (previously Gridanian Crook) as I used to; the result of this is that I have literally a dozen or so items which I cannot use at any given time. Further, while I've noticed that some items have identical items in each GC (Storm Private's Crook, Flame Private's Crook), other items do not (Flame Private's Robe).

I really like the exclusivity of GC items while still being able to switch between them, and while some would like to be able to turn in our unusable items, I would like to continue using the items for which I worked so hard in 1.0.
    (1)
    Last edited by HitsuMaruku; 08-28-2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Je suis Hitsu Maruku, mais tu peux m'appeler «Monsieur».

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast