Thread: Changing GCs

Player
    Character
    Fen Nekin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Today i just try switching to other GC too. They said i need to wait for amount of time to apply transfer again. I didn't expect that i have to wait for 30 DAYS to change back to my main GC at all...

Only want to try for a day and go back lol. Now i basicly lost my main weapon...
    http://imgur.com/vrdpXCV
    (0)
    Last edited by Fennekin; 09-03-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Victor Lindark
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    I'm planning to switch between all the GC's for achievements, so I'm looking to confirm all the cons before doing so. Looks like the main one is having to wait a month before switching again. I wonder if I leave a GC that I'm already capped out on, and then in a month come back to it... Would it still have the same number of seals and ranking that I had a month ago before I left? Sadly, I guess nobody has an answer to this one yet.

What are the requirements of ranking up to Second Lieutenant anyways? People in this thread are making it sound terribly difficult but I didn't think it was.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal F'ash
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Changing gc is a disgrace, I also chose wrong one due to lack of concentration. I don't see why we have to work our way right up the ranks before we can change. In this game you can choose to play the game in whatever fashion you wish from quite early in the game. Gathering and crafting I agree with but class changes should be left to higher lvl before you can change ( why give us multiple character saves in the first place). Major choices like gc you should get to change at least once early on and then have to go through the ranks to change again.
    (0)
    Last edited by TerryQ1967; 09-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Norbu Tinzen
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 21
    I can't believe you have to wait til you maxed out the Grand Company you're in before you can switch to a new one. I just joined a Free Company and it is affiliated with the Immortal Flames, but I'm in the Maelstrom GC. So I have to spend all this time farming seals for a Grand Company I don't even want to be in before I can switch. That is just simply insane, you should not have to be maxed rank before you can switch.

Why would I want to reach max level if all I want to do is change to a new Grand Company?! I'm already going to get a penalty by losing the seals and rank I have. Please SE this has to change, it's just crazy?!

Also I found out that Maelstrom doesn't have level 50 gear for a Monk so now I'm screwed even harder. Such a same, first thing in this game I actually don't like.
    (0)

5. 09-04-2013 02:59 AM
    Reason
    dup

Player
    Character
    Zilka Pallitax
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Yeah I totally agree with all the posts - I've been CP farming yesterday for hours just to rank up to change!
    First thing I've found is annoying in this game, I mean you should be able to 'change any time'
    Any rank should definitely be carried over?
    Or at least keep some progress to the new company?

Please SE change this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaquille O'neal
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 20
    For those complaining about the 30 days thing... i'm pretty sure the GC NPCs are referring to 30 IN-GAME days which has a 20:1 minute ratio to real-time e.g. 20 IN-GAME minutes is equivalent to 1 minute IRL. With a little math, that makes 72 IRL minutes equivalent to 1 IN-GAME day (1440 in-game minutes: 72x20). So 30 in-game days would be equivalent to... 1.5 days irl!

(72 irl minutes/in-game day) x (30 in-game days/Change GCs) = (2160 irl minutes/Change GCs)

(2160 irl minutes/Change GCs) x (1 irl hour/60 irl minutes) or (2160/60 to change it into hours from minutes)

and that gives u only 36 irl hours/Change GCs (1.5 days)! yay!

(at least that's what the ratio was in ffxi, it still seems the same in this game but let me know if you actually have to wait a full month... which would not be nice at all...)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nanarei Sil'narei
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    its 30 real days

your seals did not vanish, they will be there when you go back to the old GC
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4