Player
    Character
    Kamelia Aegis
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekujen View Post
    Is there any-way whatsoever without reaching max rank to change? I derped out and confirmed the wrong company (i was half awake) would a GM bother helping with this situation or am I screwed.
    GMs have next to no "power" when it comes to the game, if you're stuck somewhere, they can get you out, anything else and they simply aren't allowed to help you in anyway no matter how unfair the situation even if the mistake wasn't your fault. All the begging and pleading and reasoning in the world won't change that, this isn't WoW where they can help you and correct mistakes, SE is very much into the whole "too bad" thing when you mess up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zoey Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    How the hell do you get 2nd Lieutenant from Chief Sergeant? I did the Rank 2 Hunting Log... but the dude says I need to do some trial too. He says to talk to the "commander." I assume he means the chick that has <Storm Commander> under her name, but she has no quests or "trials" to give me. :/ I'm really confused >< and I just want to get my Lieutenant gear.... (I switched from Adders)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Uriah Nool
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I went with the Twin Adder GC in 2.0 after spending a long time as the Malestrom GC in 1.0. I had half thought that if I joined the Twin Adder that my rank and gear would carry over or be usable. Now i'm sitting in the Twin Adder GC at the lowest rank and all my Malestrom gear is unusable - which I had counted on for my level 50 characters. It would have been nice to have a warning before doing so. Or at least make it easier to walk into a GC and change companies. I didn't know I had to reach max rank to do so, so I guess I'm stuck in the Twin Adders for a while. My GC chocobo hasn't switched colors when joining the new company, so that's another thing to wonder about.
    (0)
    "There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool."

Player
    Character
    Asu Ra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 20
    I Joined Twin Adders by mistaked, and was intended to join the Maelstrom with all my friends, i am very upsad now , the warning in the game isnt too critical at all, and right now i have to reach the max rank in Twin Adders befor i can switch to Maelstrom ? i am now to the game and have no idea how long this time sink will be to raise my rank in Twin Adder. can somebody provide some more information! And more importantly, by the time i joined Maelstrom, i have to start all over again? all my time that spent with the Twin Adder are wasted? Thank you in advance!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zilka Pallitax
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Me to..... ; ;

Please allow changing GC whenever! I'm stuck with Twin adders now and really don't want to be ><!
    (0)
    Last edited by Lozzykins; 08-30-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alyssin Kiger
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I am really upset that I need to obtain max rank to switch GC. If I wanted to be max rank why would I want to switch? Can someone provide me a method for farming GC seals to get out of the crappy Flames faster?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boss Lady
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 19
    Wait, wait, wait, so, I want to leave/change my GC, but to do that, I have to waste time/tokens, ranking up a GC I do not want to be in? Wait ... what?
    Why would I want to waste time/tokens in a GC I'm trying to leave? I'm trying to leave the GC not up my rank!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yaki Niku
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

@DEV... HUGE BUG!!!!! Grand Company Completely Disappeared!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

It's possible to change Grand Companies, but you need to be the proper rank to do so. Once reaching the rank of Second (Storm/Serpent/Flame) Lieutenant, you'll be able to switch to a different Grand Company.

For those of you coming back to the game from 1.0 and have reached the time when you need to select your Grand Company, please be aware that if you choose a different Grand Company from that which you belonged to during 1.0, you will start from the bottom rank and have to work your way up.

After reaching Second (Storm/Serpent/Flame) Lieutenant and you make a decision to go back to your original Grand Company, the rank you attained with that Grand Company will be restored. (They'll welcome you back with open arms…most likely. )
    Looks like I wasted my 60+hours of farming FATE Mr Camate!!

@DEV...Grand Company Completely Disappeared!!!

I achieved top rank after 50 until I could not get any more promotions. Then i got my Company seals up to 34,000 / 50,000. Because I had no more available promotions the NPC at the Maelstrom Grand Company stated that I could change factions, but to remember I would not be able to temporarily use those items because of the change.

I chose to go ahead because it told me I could pay later on to change back, the first time was free I guess to change, so it sounded like a great chance to progress another major Grand Company.

RIGHT AFTER changing companies, I checked two menus:
    1) Character Screen - Currency. This menu still showed my Maelstrom Seals!
    2) Hunters Log - It still showed me having completed all 3/3 Maelstrom Hunting Logs.

This was all done about 3AM EST last night before i went to bed on 8/31/2013. It showed all that stuff. I even did a few FATE and was able to see both the Maelstrom Seals and the new FLAME seals in the currency tab.

Now I log in and finally able to get in all day long, which is fine whatever. BUT, i open up the hunters log and the currency screen and it is not showing ANY OF MY MAELSTROM STUFF ANYWHERE! No Seals no hunters log nothing!!

I feel like a panic attack is coming because it was was literally my entire time I've had with the game all for nothing?? What is going on the NPC stated different or i NEVER would have done this!! It also showed all my seals just 12 hours ago!!

PLEASE someone out there help me, a GM a supervisor, or someone else who this happened to. I need to know what is going on please!

It def. showed both seals and both icons in my hunting log and the currency tab before i logged out! Now it shows nothing after switching! I would suggest not switching everyone until this is resolved or responded to! This is a horrible situation and tons of hard work lost!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Evilchakra; 09-03-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Last Order
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 34
    Let me start by saying, that in the english version of FFXIV it states that when you join a Grand Company you can change "anytime you want".

Well that isn't exactly true. You have to hit at least level 44, be the current top rank, and then change. Meaning you basically have to max out the entire GC and then you have the option of changing.
    ------------------------------------------

This is just silly, GC shouldn't matter that much that you need be locked in. Rank should transfer over on a whim or at least in the specific levels(liutenant, sergeant, private), not this abstract way of punishing a player if he accidentally chose the wrong GC to be in with his friends in another.

SE, you need to fix this. It comes way after server patches and bugs, probably when the PVP comes out, but you need to fix it. At least fix the "anytime you wish" GC change message you put in there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yaki Niku
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    WOOOOOOOWWWWW.... I would also like to add, I went to see if changing back to my original Grand Company would fix the problem... and guess what NOPE just more problems here.

Storm Personnel Officer:
    "Hmmm, it appears you have only recently transferred to your current Grand Company. Alliance regulations require that you wait 28 more days before submitting an application."

I really think this is crazy horrible to do on the games part. NOTHING was said about having to wait a whole month prior to changing!! I am pretty upset at the moment. Not to mention, as per the post of mine a couple above this one, I have no idea if I'm bugged out, if my progress even saved or what? The UI and hunters log no longer shows Maelstrom complete or my 34K/50K seals (which they did before i logged).
    (0)
    Last edited by Evilchakra; 09-02-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast