Player
    Character
    Pootie Tang
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Yes! We actually mentioned this previously, but you have two options.

You can hang on to them in case you ever do switch to the respective Grand Company, which will allow you to use them once again. Or you can trade them in for Grand Company seals via Expert Delivery Missions, which will be unlocked once you reach the right Grand Company rank.
    That means these GC are like a job or class. You earn seals to go up in rank. But when you switch to another, you start over. Then if you switch back to the original GC, you'll have your Rank restored? Is that correct?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Victor Lindark
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    So to summarize, are there any penalties or negatives of switching between GC's multiple times?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daii Mercury
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    While I appreciate that we can change, I think the Second Lieutenant rank is a bit too high... No matter how much you spam FATEs, there is nearly no way that you could reach the point of being able to change with any kind of speed. I agree with having a threshold at which you must be in order to change but I feel that the current is just too high.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryD View Post
    While I appreciate that we can change, I think the Second Lieutenant rank is a bit too high... No matter how much you spam FATEs, there is nearly no way that you could reach the point of being able to change with any kind of speed. I agree with having a threshold at which you must be in order to change but I feel that the current is just too high.
    There are other ways to earn seals, and they are very profitable for that purpose. With just a little effort it can be done without constantly spamming FATE missions to earn seals. Within a few hours I had ranked up once, and purchased all my company gear. I love that switching between GC is no trivial thing. It seems very thematic that switching requires a great deal of forethought and purpose.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fey Nafilia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    For those of you coming back to the game from 1.0 and have reached the time when you need to select your Grand Company, please be aware that if you choose a different Grand Company from that which you belonged to during 1.0, you will start from the bottom rank and have to work your way up.

After reaching Second (Storm/Serpent/Flame) Lieutenant and you make a decision to go back to your original Grand Company, the rank you attained with that Grand Company will be restored. (They'll welcome you back with open arms…most likely. )
    Hey Camate!

I joined the Maelstrom with my legacy character yesterday, which is the same company I belonged to during 1.0. I had the highest rank possible back then, but now I started back at the lowest rank again (and with no company seals I think). Should I report that as a bug? Or do I have to reach Second Storm Lieutenant before they get restored?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miru Ruan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 25
    Isn't Second Lieutenant one of the highest ranks you can get to so far? I cannot remember off the top of my head if it is or not but I'm pretty sure i saw it was one of the highest. Seems along way to go as i chose Gridania because it was my starting area then all my friends are now catching up in levels and talking of going Limsa instead. Looks like a lot of effort for me to change to be the same as them now :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Korvek Einzbern
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I'm curious is if you switch while still on the main story quest, would it restart the story? Or would you continue from that point in the story in the new company, or do you have to play through the whole story for that city first before changing companies.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Daii Mercury
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MiruRuan View Post
    Isn't Second Lieutenant one of the highest ranks you can get to so far? I cannot remember off the top of my head if it is or not but I'm pretty sure i saw it was one of the highest. Seems along way to go as i chose Gridania because it was my starting area then all my friends are now catching up in levels and talking of going Limsa instead. Looks like a lot of effort for me to change to be the same as them now :/
    It appears to be the highest available rank at this time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rekuja Azalon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Is there any-way whatsoever without reaching max rank to change? I derped out and confirmed the wrong company (i was half awake) would a GM bother helping with this situation or am I screwed.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast