Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

cost of self repair and unable to repair other's gear

Today, I tried to have my wife repair my gear. The option isn't available even thought she had the proper dark matter. She can only repair her own gear. But on top of that, dark matter can't be gathered currently. They can only be bought via GC seals at 2k+ for 1 for grade4 and 5k+ for 1 for grade 5? That seems unfeasible. It means you would need to do at least 2~3 fates to repair one piece of equipment. Turn in 2~5 provisioning or supply GC missions to get 1 grade 5. All this, of course, while wearing your gear in the process.

Am I missing something? This can't be right, can it? Granted, you can have a NPC repair your gear but... 2~5k for repairs on a level 50? This means back in 1.0, this repair would cost 20~50k. That seems excessive for a cost.

I hope a dev can chime in on this as this seems like an accidental oversight than something intentional.
    (1)
    Last edited by Laume; 08-31-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lyra Zeck
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It's absolutely insane the gil cost for repairing gear. I know some legacy players are probably swimming in gold, but most new players are going to get to the point where they can't actually play due to being unable to repair.

As a fun little experiment, I decided to fully repair my gear and then do a level 48 FATE (I'm 50, gear is class quest gear, Ifrit weapon, random other stuff.) The FATE rewarded me with 92 gold. DOING the FATE cost me 88 gold in repairs. So there will come a point at higher item levels where the simple wear on your gear will be so significant that attempting a FATE is a net gil loss. That's asinine. SE is punishing you for playing their game! Hilarious.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shon Totto
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laume View Post
    Today, I tried to have my wife repair my gear. The option isn't available even thought she had the proper dark matter. She can only repair her own gear. But on top of that, dark matter can't be gathered currently. They can only be bought via GC seals at 2k+ for 1 for grade4 and 5k+ for 1 for grade 5? That seems unfeasible. It means you would need to do at least 2~3 fates to repair one piece of equipment. Turn in 2~5 provisioning or supply GC missions to get 1 grade 5. All this, of course, while wearing your gear in the process.

Am I missing something? This can't be right, can it? Granted, you can have a NPC repair your gear but... 2~5k for repairs on a level 50? This means back in 1.0, this repair would cost 20~50k. That seems excessive for a cost.

I hope a dev can chime in on this as this seems like an accidental oversight than something intentional.
    You can buy G5 for like 350 Gil from vendors in town.
    (0)

┬─┬︵/(.□.)╯ Russian Table

Player
    Character
    Laume Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    really? which npcs? (but obviously still doesn't address the crafters not being able to repair your gear issue, obviously)
    (1)