Character
    Yukon Jack
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Fishing Guide - ARR?

Hello -

While I understand it is a bit early to ask for a fishing guide, I was curious if anyone could point me to a website that updates fishing locations, bait etc as we get to know the game. I am having difficulty finishing even the level 5 fishing logs as there always seems to be one fish I just cannot catch. Any feedback is very appreciated, thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Natos Aibrean
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    ok just so you know in each area there is most likely a fish you can not catch without the use of the skill Mooch.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hella Balloon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Natos View Post
    ok just so you know in each area there is most likely a fish you can not catch without the use of the skill Mooch.
    Was wondering about this!!! Thank you.

Anyone know about the "you sense something in the water..." but can't cast? I spammed cast everywhere on some of those areas and nothing. Assuming I'll have to come back later.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Calanthe Ferelith
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Once you get gulleye passive skill you can return to the areas with the message "you sense something in the water"
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Garrison View Post
    Once you get gulleye passive skill you can return to the areas with the message "you sense something in the water"
    So gulleye is really just another way of saying you've unlocked that tier of fish? It doesn't actually show you anything on a map or have a message in chat saying "you sense fish nearby" or something?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkoun View Post
    So gulleye is really just another way of saying you've unlocked that tier of fish? It doesn't actually show you anything on a map or have a message in chat saying "you sense fish nearby" or something?
    It is not unlocking a tier of fish. It is unlocking specific holes. Some holes are special, and require this trait to be able to fish there. Let's say you're level 14. You could fish in level 15 holes, but not all level 15 holes as some require the Gulleye trait.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inferno Vizharan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 24
    I can't open a new thread, don't know why, so I post it here. I'm not able to find a fish in Limsa Lominsa, I attach the image of all the fishes I've captured and maybe you can tell me what bait and where in Limsa Lominsa I can fish the missing fish.

Regards,
    InF3RNo.
    (0)
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity

Player
    Character
    Aedes Anopheles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by InF13RNo View Post
    I can't open a new thread, don't know why, so I post it here. I'm not able to find a fish in Limsa Lominsa, I attach the image of all the fishes I've captured and maybe you can tell me what bait and where in Limsa Lominsa I can fish the missing fish.
    You need to Mooch (lv 25 skill) the last fish. In order to mooch you need to catch a HQ Merlthor Goby and then succesfully use it as bait. The last "fish" is the Blue Octopus.

Is anyone making a guide or database which lists what bait is used to get a certain HQ fish for a certain mooch fish at a certain location? I'm currently compiling a list for myself, but since I just hit lv 25 (and from next week on I'll have less time) I won't be able to compile massive database yet.
    (1)
    Last edited by Thsscks; 08-30-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ynot Tzu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 21
    I really like fishing... I try a stot anytime I see a spot while on my way to a quest or town or waiting on friends... BUT I dont know what to do with the fish... any info or help u guys can suggest?
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast