Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Merhu Berahu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    does anyone know of a better way to publish a spreadsheet on the web, as my google docs has a limit of 50 viewers at any one time and its almost always full.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

anyway or site similar to google docs where people can view and filter etc, but not destroy the actual info on it?

Thanks
    (0)
    Fishing Spreadsheet (WIP)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar_8le6lwxnsdDJlRkx2WlQwT2lMMjFDWkFTamdVUHc&usp=sharing

Player
    Character
    Mini Beast
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by bwar View Post
    While there are a few fish that are used for quests, I have been vendoring any fish not labeled as crafting material. Basically since I'm just trying to level up atm I'm fine with having the fish essentially just cover my bait costs. I will worry about becoming rich later.
    Great plan, thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Artamie Knights
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Do any of you happen to know what it means when your fishing rod is completely bent in a U and you try to reel in and it tells you the fish got away? Does this mean not enough gathering stat or something?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashelia Sturmwind
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    I'm level 47 almost level 48 now as fisherman.

I've noticed it's actually best to continue EXPing at the dunefishing place level 35+. There is no junk fish and with high enough perception you will be racking up the HQ's and Mooching. At 48 I'm going to take a stab at obtaining the legendary Mahi Mahi although on my server none has even sold yet... it's a very needed item but I'm starting to think it might be best to take up cooking to turn that into the meal yourself since it appears the meal is actually selling. The grilled Mahi Mahi is for crafters that gives a large boost to control. I believe which are selling 20k a pop.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flonne Rembert
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Once I been able to log in to that character (kept getting Error 1017 or 90000 trying to log in), I will go back to Costa Del Sol to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    I chocobo'd my way to Costa Del Sol at 25 and stayed there until 30. With jack-o-lantern I was earning about 2.8k xp per nq using a floating minnow. That lure will only target blowfish 99% of the time and angelfish 1% of the time, so it is perfect focused fishing.

At level 30, head to Moondrip just North of Vesper Bay and use a chocobo fly. Again, this is targeted fishing, but on occasion you will hook a fish that is too big that you can't reel in. So there are occasional drops here. I'd bring 2-3 chocobo fly's just to be safe. I think I lost 1 lure.
    (0)
    My FFXIV YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWcvXStPdPIdFwvRMPtDE-q4h1Nthquzz
    Flonne Rembert - Balmung https://www.facebook.com/FRembertFFXIV
    Etna Baal - Valefor

Player
    Character
    Wubbly Tubbles
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Have you found any leves for 40 to 50 level? I am currently at 43. I have moved from dunefishng to Bluefog where the xp is better than what I was getting in the dunes.
    (0)
    Wubbly Tubbles FFXIV // FFXI

Player
    Character
    Lumia Goldenheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Here is some stuff I've sort of figured out while fishing:

I took my fisher from 25 to 50 in about three days of just grinding in the appropriate level area and I'm now going back trying to fill in all of the missing fish from my log. There are several lvl 50 fish in lower level waters in case you are wondering why you can't fill in that one spot in your fishing log. I am having trouble in certain areas pulling up that last fish, like in Costa del Sol. D: There are also several places where you have to mooch, and that mooched fish may be different in different areas.

If you open your fishing log, the fish that are listed on each map are in order by level. So if you are missing one, say in between a lvl 20 and a level 25, then that missing fish is probably somewhere between 20 and 25. Edit: They aren't in order on some locations. I just started doing the Shroud area and definitely not in order I have also found using a bait that is similar level to that fish helps to pull in only that level range. For instance, I used a level 30 bait and was pulling in Mitten Crabs (lvl 34 I think) like nobodies business. A higher level bait/lure will pull in everything that level and below. If your bait is too low, it won't catch anything.

If you are under 50 anywhere and you get the "Your fish got away..." message, then most likely you have a fish far above your level.

The only way you can catch a fish way above your level is if its mooched (if it is a fish that can be mooched). For instance I caught a 50 single star fish (caravan something or other) when I was in my low 30s from mooching. You won't be able to catch the regular level 50 fish until you are 50 (or maybe a little below).

Perception determines HQ rate. If you want to mooch, then you need a lot of perception.

If you have gone through some of the fishing quests you will have discovered that there are fish that can only be caught at certain times. Like the Raincaller fish when it's raining (is that name right?). I am guessing that there are several others like this, too.

You can lose your lure if you get the "Your fish got away" message.

You can get massive xp on HQs, especially when you get to 45+ in Coerthas. I pulled up an HQ (with no other buffs) for about 21000+ xp.
    (2)
    Last edited by Lumia; 09-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zjinn Mikoto
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 30
    What are good materia for gathering?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sophie Kiri
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryamatsu View Post

I've noticed it's actually best to continue EXPing at the dunefishing place level 35+. There is no junk fish and with high enough perception you will be racking up the HQ's and Mooching. At 48 I'm going to take a stab at obtaining the legendary Mahi Mahi although on my server none has even sold yet... it's a very needed item but I'm starting to think it might be best to take up cooking to turn that into the meal yourself since it appears the meal is actually selling. The grilled Mahi Mahi is for crafters that gives a large boost to control. I believe which are selling 20k a pop.
    How high Perception you think it needs at that place?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumia Goldenheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryamatsu View Post

I fished up a Mahi-Mahi in Lower La Noscea > Oschon's Torch. It is extremely rare. I haven't come across any other locations yet for it.
    (1)
    The cake is a lie.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast