Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Memimi Kumimi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I'd be interested in seeing a handful of recommended ares for different levels. I'm only level 9 and figuring out where to fish is kind of confusing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cee Jae
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia View Post
    I fished up a Mahi-Mahi in Lower La Noscea > Oschon's Torch. It is extremely rare. I haven't come across any other locations yet for it.

What bait did you use? And was it double mooched or?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumia Goldenheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthaen View Post
    What bait did you use? And was it double mooched or?
    It wasn't mooched if I remember correctly. And I probably used a Yumizuno. I've been experimenting with different baits to see the effects on what fish are attracted to it. I'm thinking once I find all the locations I will go back and play with baits more and do experimentation.

So far I've discovered copperfish and silverfish really like honey worms.
    (0)
    The cake is a lie.

Player
    Character
    Siskia Cunneir
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Memimi View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing a handful of recommended ares for different levels. I'm only level 9 and figuring out where to fish is kind of confusing.
    There is a link to spread sheet that has all of that info on the first page of this thread.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Panty Raid
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    So, I am looking for a specific fish at a specific location, so please bare with me a bit.

River Sphinx, supposedly located in a "fishing hole" South of Thousand Maws, Now, I spent a ton of time there last night and never found a hole. When they say hole do they mean an actual hole", or does it stand for something else, like the start/end of a river, etc. I just got Gulleye, and am still new to fishing (even from 11), so the terminology and action are lost a bit on me. Been kind of winging it so far.

Any advice or help would be great, also I can safely assume no one has put together a comprehensive, lower level guide that lists out specific locations (I mean actual coordinates), fish level, and bait used to catch those fish. If so, please forgive me, and give me the link, please?

Thank you all for reading this and any replies you have.

Edit:
    I have found some links I like, some from here, and from other places. Still need information on "holes" though. You can forget the rest if you like
    (0)
    Last edited by LaxusLanverLais; 09-10-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    A "fishing hole" is effectively an idiom for any place someone goes to fish. I would not be searching for a literal hole in the ground.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Panty Raid
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    A "fishing hole" is effectively an idiom for any place someone goes to fish. I would not be searching for a literal hole in the ground.
    Excellent, thank you so much! I do really appreciate it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luclin Solusekro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Ok I have looked through many things and can not find the purpose of the Giants and the megaladon. Is there a purpose to these epic catches or are they there for bragging rights. The reason I'm asking is that I am a lvl 21 fisher and loving the class. Using the database and DoL website to figure everything out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Data Das
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Merhu View Post
    And im going to post here as im unable to create a topic, does anyone have any information on bait and how it works?

Are baits classed? (freshwater, saltwater, etc)

Will copperfish for instance bite to any freshwater bait that is above the level of the fish?

and how does crossover bait work, such as floating minnow? does it work anywhere because its a lure?

Are any fish only biting to a specific bait?

thanks
    To add onto this: do the same type of fish eat the same bait when found in different areas? For example: does a Merlthor Goby from Morby Bay eat the same bait as a Merlthor Goby from Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks? Also, are we to assume that some fish require bait that is a higher level than the fish itself? Do some even very low level fish require mooching?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SolusekRo View Post
    Ok I have looked through many things and can not find the purpose of the Giants and the megaladon. Is there a purpose to these epic catches or are they there for bragging rights. The reason I'm asking is that I am a lvl 21 fisher and loving the class. Using the database and DoL website to figure everything out.
    SE killed off fishermans purpose in the economy. there is almost no money to be made from it now. there are no recipes for most fish. the markets are flooded with people squandering what few things are actually in demand.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast