Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Merhu Berahu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Has anyone had any experience of only being able to catch fish at night?

good chance im wrong but i can only seem to catch @Fullmoon Sardines@ at night, ofc its all in the name, is this true, and if so what other fish does it apply to?

and are there any other rules for catching certain fish, weather, etc?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Merhu View Post
    Has anyone had any experience of only being able to catch fish at night?

good chance im wrong but i can only seem to catch @Fullmoon Sardines@ at night, ofc its all in the name, is this true, and if so what other fish does it apply to?

and are there any other rules for catching certain fish, weather, etc?
    Fullmoon Sardines can only be caught at night. I'm sure there are others like that, but I don't know of them yet.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Garrison View Post
    Once you get gulleye passive skill you can return to the areas with the message "you sense something in the water"
    So gulleye is really just another way of saying you've unlocked that tier of fish? It doesn't actually show you anything on a map or have a message in chat saying "you sense fish nearby" or something?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kida Kalastus
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I am shamelessly going to plug my own site: www.disciplesoftheland.com

I am currently working hard to get as much information into the site and I am also working on a guide. Currently I am working on maps and locating all the fishing locations. So far you can see an example by going to www.disciplesoftheland.com/maps.aspx?mid=18

I should say that this is not the final maps. I am going to have a page for each item with information on what bait can be used, mooching, locations etc. but it takes time both to compile the data but certainly also making the data base and the code to get it all working and displayed properly.

We also have a guide section (www.disciplesoftheland.com/guides.aspx) where guides can be submitted by users of the site. So far there is only a mining/logging guide but I am working on one for fishing as well. If you keep an eye on the site for the next couple of days you will see that we are working hard to get you as much information as possible. Enjoy
    (6)
    Visit my site www.disciplesoftheland.com if you are interested in DoL in Final Fantasy XIV

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkoun View Post
    So gulleye is really just another way of saying you've unlocked that tier of fish? It doesn't actually show you anything on a map or have a message in chat saying "you sense fish nearby" or something?
    It is not unlocking a tier of fish. It is unlocking specific holes. Some holes are special, and require this trait to be able to fish there. Let's say you're level 14. You could fish in level 15 holes, but not all level 15 holes as some require the Gulleye trait.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inferno Vizharan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 24
    I can't open a new thread, don't know why, so I post it here. I'm not able to find a fish in Limsa Lominsa, I attach the image of all the fishes I've captured and maybe you can tell me what bait and where in Limsa Lominsa I can fish the missing fish.

Regards,
    InF3RNo.
    (0)
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity

Player
    Character
    Kida Kalastus
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Just wanted to let you know that I got around to making that guide... you can check it out here: http://disciplesoftheland.com/GuideView.aspx?gid=21
    (0)
    Visit my site www.disciplesoftheland.com if you are interested in DoL in Final Fantasy XIV

Player
    Character
    Aedes Anopheles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by InF13RNo View Post
    I can't open a new thread, don't know why, so I post it here. I'm not able to find a fish in Limsa Lominsa, I attach the image of all the fishes I've captured and maybe you can tell me what bait and where in Limsa Lominsa I can fish the missing fish.
    You need to Mooch (lv 25 skill) the last fish. In order to mooch you need to catch a HQ Merlthor Goby and then succesfully use it as bait. The last "fish" is the Blue Octopus.

Is anyone making a guide or database which lists what bait is used to get a certain HQ fish for a certain mooch fish at a certain location? I'm currently compiling a list for myself, but since I just hit lv 25 (and from next week on I'll have less time) I won't be able to compile massive database yet.
    (1)
    Last edited by Thsscks; 08-30-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Merhu Berahu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    im in the process of making a spreadsheet, but atm, baits still mainly just written down in a notepad, whilst i try to figure it out a bit more. Maybe we could collaborate on the bait data?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedes Anopheles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Merhu View Post
    im in the process of making a spreadsheet, but atm, baits still mainly just written down in a notepad, whilst i try to figure it out a bit more. Maybe we could collaborate on the bait data?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing
    Yea sure, but as I said I just hit lvl 25 and atm I have little time, due to study. So things might be a bit slow.
    I think however that certain types of bait are not necessarily fish specific (aside from ocean and freshwater ofcourse), but more lvl specific. So If you know the what HQ fish you need to mooch another fish I would use a bait just below or above the lvl of the fish.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast