Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    More competent employees probably, and (again without fully knowing, but guessing) spreading the whole team globally. I get the distinct feeling that whoever is doing work in the Toronto datacenter is only getting instructions from the dudes in Japan, and doesn't actually know what's wrong or how to fix it.
    That's my though as well Wolfie, I wouldn't be surprised if its something really stupid inside a router or switch somewhere where it is not hitting the fallback or primary IP number, causes the bottleneck, causes the crashes. I wouldn't be shocked if they have 2 people only working on this, checking each router or switch config file line by line to make sure it all routes right. Then they would have the software guys checking there stuff, problem is they have not been entirely descriptive. It also could be something as simple as opps we miscounted bring up 5 more instance servers boom problem fixed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I see what you're saying but if they do have databases that buckle under that kind of load, more servers would at least be a temporary fix to allow players to enjoy the game while they work on a permanent fix.

Also I work in IT so any technical explanations would not go over my head. I'd like to at least receive that and we could reword it in layman's terms for those who don't understand it.
    Actually I created a new character on a Japanese server and have been playing it without any problems. So anyone that wants to play just needs to Go Japanese!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tinks Fenrir
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    To those of you that keep raging that the JP servers are fine and that some they're ignoring the NA/EU servers and giving us inferior service:

Have you played on the JP servers? They practically ghost towns a huge portion of the time. I pop over to a mule on a JP server when I can't get to my main and there's no where near the number of people. Their servers are fine because they don't have the numbers that we do. SE tries to help things by giving us more servers to distribute the population, and everyone bitches they can't get on the server they want and flames SE for that too. Something has to give folks!

Yes, the errors suck. Yes, full servers suck. No, I'm not mindlessly defending them. (I think a real queue would solve a lot of the problems.) Just saying, its not a matter of the JP have it better than us. They have the same servers, they're just not filling theirs like we are.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeWindbinder View Post
    "SQUAREENIX, I DEMAND AN APOLOGY FOR YOUR APOLOGY!"

lol
    this made me laugh a lot XD