Player
    Character
    Immortal Lala
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Duty Finder - Not working as intended?

Maybe it's because of all the NA/EU problems (I'm on JP server), and if so I can understand that's the root of the issue, but anyway on to the issue...

Duty Finder, as a lot have probably notice, can take a LOOOOONG time to actually get you in a dungeon. Especially for the higher level ones 30+ and 40+. Now I get that maybe people haven't gotten that far yet on the main story so the player 'pool' might not be as large but... hear me out.

I've found myself sitting in DF for 60-100+ minutes on a few occasions (luckly I spend my time gearing my crafting classes so time passes rather quickly). Yes, as DPS. So finally I wised up and said "I'll play healer!!". Register as a whm and after 10 minutes I'll pick up a dps or two. Cool. An hour later I still need a tank. So I drop and switch to war and register again. What happens? I'll sit in an empty que for over an hour with no dps. No healer.

This was just an example but I've played with DF a lot yesterday. Constantly switching between dps/healer/tank and letting it wait for 10-30 minutes (again, while crafting and getting a lot done lol). Half the time I'll get the "average wait time 5m" and be stuck in a party missing either a tank or healer, but occasionally dps as well. At one point I'm in a party as tank with JUST a healer and no dps. For literally 20 minutes. So I hop on dps and sit in an empty que for an hour.

How does this make sense? Are we not linked with the same servers every time we register? If I have a healer but no dps, registered as tank, then swap to dps, shouldn't I be moved right in with the healer?

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Again this mostly pertains to dungeons 30+, and certainly 40+. And please no comments about "make a party". I'm on a JP server where most everyone I've known has moved to NA/EU. Hoping launch will turn up a few old friends.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    No, it drops you to the bottom of the queue, someone probably queued somewhere before you queued and filled your slot. If you drop your queue it moves you to the back of the line.

Actually, did you click on the JP button at the top to actually make you eligible for matching with them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Immortal Lala
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaer View Post
    No, it drops you to the bottom of the queue, someone probably queued somewhere before you queued and filled your slot. If you drop your queue it moves you to the back of the line.
    I understand this. But what I'm saying in the example above is as a tank I have a healer and no dps. So I switch to dps and instantly que again. Should I not be paired with that healer right away? Don't tell me in the 5s it took to change class and reregister it found 2 dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCaptin View Post
    I understand this. But what I'm saying in the example above is as a tank I have a healer and no dps. So I switch to dps and instantly que again. Should I not be paired with that healer right away? Don't tell me in the 5s it took to change class and reregister it found 2 dps.
    A couple of possibilities:

One person dropping out of the queue causes the entire queue to disband. This would cause all the players in the queue to drop out of it and try for another match request.

Some of those players in your queue are queued for multiple dungeons and got picked up by another group. Perhaps they have join in progress enabled.

Some of the people in queue had different language settings than you which caused them to get picked up by a group that doesn't match your language settings.

I'm not sure if any of these can actually happen, just thinking on what could happen.
    (0)