Player
    Character
    Armadis Nachtfalke
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 28

Archer skill Swiftsong is bad!

please change this spell, its completely useless cause u have sprint and chocobo and NO it does not stack with sprint!

A nice change would be an attackspeed buff for autoattacks, so the bard have a dps song for non magic users!
    Or let it available incombat, with a little runspeed nerf while in combat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gaelle Primerain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    So your saying instead of burning TP for fighting in low levels that it's not worth it? You're also not thinking about the use in dungeons (light parties, raids, etc) for running back after wipes, etc.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lysander Mal'dranith
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Swiftsong rocks. Moving through cities with run speed at all times, check. Flying through dungeons between fights, check. Bonus move speed while chocobo is out, without wasting TP, check. I absolutely love the skill.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Armadis Nachtfalke
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 28
    sprint is faster than swiftsong, it wont stack (and no it wont stack with chocobo), the TP regen is so fast that u sprint all day and just have a 5 sec gap or so to sprint again. So for the 5 sec faster running worth? Dont think so and after u get hit, swiftsong turns off but sprint doesnt.
    And burning tp for fighting in low levels oO? Dunno, i never need 1000 tp for low level trash mobs, just like 200 and thats just sprinting for 3 seconds. + Sprint is instant and not a cast and because its turning off every fight u have to cast it every time... Its only good for the 5 sec gap but in the same time with lvl 22 u can get a chocobo and never need it.
    For the dungeons, its like so "ohh okay lets use swiftsong!! *3 sec in fight, swiftsong turns off and after some time killing monster* ok lets cast swiftsong and goooo *10 m away next enemy group there, swiftsong turns off*" yaaaaay.
    And here comes the thing "yeah but after wipe ur running faster back!" oh boy, archer is range + kite pro etc. In most times he will die last, so u rly wait this time for the archer so he can cast his buff and THAN u run together? Well i would just run when i die and use sprint.
    (1)
    Last edited by Armadis; 08-27-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Excel Kobayashi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadis View Post
    sprint is faster than swiftsong, it wont stack (and no it wont stack with chocobo), the TP regen is so fast that u sprint all day and just have a 5 sec gap or so to sprint again. So for the 5 sec faster running worth? Dont think so and after u get hit, swiftsong turns off but sprint doesnt.
    And burning tp for fighting in low levels oO? Dunno, i never need 1000 tp for low level trash mobs, just like 200 and thats just sprinting for 3 seconds. + Sprint is instant and not a cast and because its turning off every fight u have to cast it every time... Its only good for the 5 sec gap but in the same time with lvl 22 u can get a chocobo and never need it.
    For the dungeons, its like so "ohh okay lets use swiftsong!! *3 sec in fight, swiftsong turns off and after some time killing monster* ok lets cast swiftsong and goooo *10 m away next enemy group there, swiftsong turns off*" yaaaaay.
    And here comes the thing "yeah but after wipe ur running faster back!" oh boy, archer is range + kite pro etc. In most times he will die last, so u rly wait this time for the archer so he can cast his buff and THAN u run together? Well i would just run when i die and use sprint.
    (10)
    Glory to Mankind

Character
    Holly White
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 66
    For one, archers have a tendency for pulling hate off tank. And if tank goes down, enemies usualy go for dps next
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Venti Moccacino
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 54
    Like the person before, Swiftsong is an useful too for dungeons and most of all it was not made just for the benefit of the archer but to help the group, it is a small foreshadowing of how the bard will help parties once people get to use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaneth Windsong
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 20
    Swiftsong would be useful if it didn't go away during combat. I mean, I have no problem with the buff going inactive while in combat, but I shouldn't have to recast the spell every time. That's annoying, and at that point I'm just not going to bother putting it on the bar.
    (3)
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970666737

Player
    Character
    Irina Strider
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 38
    I agree with OP and Shadowfire, Swiftsong as it is it's not useful at all. If it didn't go away during combat or every time you zone, I would use it all the time. as it is, I lose more time casting it than I save by running a little bit faster.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Armadis Nachtfalke
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 28
    Quote Originally Posted by o3o View Post
    For one, archers have a tendency for pulling hate off tank. And if tank goes down, enemies usualy go for dps next
    well yeah, what i said wasnt correct. The dps class will get aggro of the maintarget when the tank dies, but cause an archer is suchs a strong kite monster he just can "tank" a boss monster (when its not range) and for the time the tank just can sprint back to the group when there is no barricade. If he cant, often doesnt matter cause kite + dmg is often enough for the low level dungeons
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast