Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Argarah Rhutgyr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I agree with everything you said except.
    PLD/GLA is a tank, and thus doesn't need "viable cures" mid-combat. We have access to Cure from Conjurer, which falls more under utility like Raise and Protect; utility that's nice but won't make the class non-functional if you don't end up using them. This is fine, seeing that the FF Paladin is basically a knight with access to weak magic.
    Yes we do need "viable cures." What I love about FF Paladin's is their ability to sufficiently sustain themselves during battle, which gives the White Mage a better chance to manage the health to the entire party. Look I love paladin, I think they improved it a lot from 1.0, especially the enmity, but dang it. I need to have access to better cure spells.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kenkh Pirrenka
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarah View Post
    I agree with everything you said except.

Yes we do need "viable cures." What I love about FF Paladin's is their ability to sufficiently sustain themselves during battle, which gives the White Mage a better chance to manage the health to the entire party. Look I love paladin, I think they improved it a lot from 1.0, especially the enmity, but dang it. I need to have access to better cure spells.
    While I think you have a point, I also think that they took a different approach to PLD's sustainability. I think that in the event of an OH SH- situation, PLD is supposed to turtle himself (2 damage mitigation cooldowns + 1 borrowed from marauder + Bulwark and Hallowed Ground that I have not been able to test yet) That should give enough time for the WHM or SCH to drop a big AOE to bring the party up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    I don't care about those accomplishments right now. I work out, I draw, I write, I sculpt, I have a job, I get plenty of real life accomplishment. But right here? Right now? I'm talking about the exploration of this game.
    I liked that feeling of accomplishment from finding areas guarded by dangerous monsters, so LOL to you too.
    I am way too tired for this belittling crap alright?
    I've been on both ends of the argument, and have come to realize the A-word gets abused and misused in the context of games so much it's not even funny. Real life accomplishments are quantifiable and are testament to what makes you as a person. And unless you're talking about world firsts in Heroic/Hard/Extreme mode, ridiculously high scores that require high amounts of skill to achieve, or completing set ups and situations that require meticulous planning, video games are never part of that list. Nihilum feeling accomplished about clearing Vanilla and TBC WoW and being the #1 raid guild in the world makes sense. Paragon got no argument from me when they were world first in killing Heroic Lich King. The dude in the video I linked probably also feels accomplished (to my knowledge, no one has broken that high score yet).

Sorry, but I'm not going to stop opposing people who want to derive accomplishment from things that will adversely affect others for the sake of their own egos (in this instance, because then we get crap like TAU and my friend the directionless who refused to do anything related to Aht Urghan after he lost a whole level dying while trying to get to an imp party). There's plenty that exists from which to derive feelings of accomplishment. I'm sure you'll be among the first to rush into the Coil of Bahamut on extreme as soon as you meet the item and stat requirements, so have a little patience.
    (5)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Six Chambers
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bita View Post
    While there are good points to make about the game, i agree with the OP. Why did they throw away all of the good things they brought into the game at 1.23?
    ^ Yeah. Mr. Yoshida pretty much trashed everything that was good about 1.23. I was hoping they would of built off of what they had... but alas, here we are.

Great post OP.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kaladin Shadowheart
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I absolutely hated 1.0, played for 5 months and quit. Have to say I'm loving what they've done so far. Just my opinion, I haven't had this much fun in a long time with a mmo and I play em all.
    (8)

Player
    Release day-Gridania (2010)/Legacy Launch-Limsa Lominsa (2013)
    Character
    Mizuki Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Another clear example of players thinking there will never be patch updates and improvements.
    (5)

=====LEGACY FOR LIFE=====
    =====
    DoW: MRD50/LNC50/PUG50/GLA50/ARC50
    DoM: CNJ50/THM50/ACN16+(IN PROGRESS)
    DoH: ARM50/BSM50/GSM42/WVR40/ALC40/CRP40/CUL40/LTH40/
    DoL: FSH50/MNR50/BTN50

JOBS: WAR50/DRG50/MNK50/PLD50/BRD50/WHM50/BLM50/SCH??/SMN??

Player
    Character
    Hikozaemon Kenkonken
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The gear is super super super boring and the loot drops are super super sparce and boring....... Really 1 chest on final boss kill? Gear that just has 4-5 primary stats and no special effects what dipwad came up w/ this. Ilvl gear had no place in FF online to begin w/ they knew from FF11s success how to make appealing gear yet they went a totally generic and even less than cookie cutter route. GLD/PLD is just as boring as the itemization and Archer/BRD a quick second. Looks like all the effort was placed in making new environments and less on making actual appealing items.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Invisible Black
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I read through the OP's post, and still have yet to see a 'way bigger issue than some server problems'. I did see a wall of text stating his OPINION of the game, and what he would like to see changed, but never the less these are only OPINIONS. I also disagree with several points made, but, that is my OPINION, and the things I don't like about the game are not any more valid than the OP's. If you don't like the direction the game is going, you don't have to play it
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Greeker Statue
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Exactly I agree this OP is just a list of opinions on certain aspects of the game, I for one really enjoy the game as do thousands of others its much more fast paced and dungeons a pretty fun too. Maybe FF XIV isn't the game for you anymore?

I'm going to say this because it's true If you don't like something stay away from it. There are lots of games with aspects I don't enjoy so I don't play them.

Anyway that's my tuppence worth in. I'm off to enjoy FF XIV ARR.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alluria Angelus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 18
    I'm enjoying and loving the game so far. And I agree on most opinions and game flaws.

Remember, the game will improve over time through updates/patches.
    (1)
    Twitter: @silverlife_PD
    DeviantART: silverlife
    PSN ID: keiyue04
    Guilty for playing and completing: FF, FFIII, FFIV, FFVI, FFVII (CC, DoC), FFVIII, FFIX, FFXII: RW, FFXIII/XIII-2
    Played and still not completed: FFII, FFV, FFX/X-2, FFXI, FFXII, FFXIV
    Currently Playing: FFV

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast