Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sly Warren
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

More meaningful open world content please!

Maybe with all this duty finder fail they will decide to make more open world stuff and not have almost everything be instanced. No this isn't an I hate duty finder & instance thread, just wish it was more balanced. You know like being able to walk into some mines and not need an entire party for it. I know this has been said before,but so has many of these oh no I cant get into the game threads.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Wobble Wibblewobb
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I have to agree more open world content would be useful in cases like this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alphard Alshua
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Only open-world "meaningful" content that'll make it into the game is roaming primals (Still have instanced versions) , people demanded instanced fights because of them losing claims to alleged "bots"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Khen Lux
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 49
    Why not work on the Grand Company WvWvW thing they plan on doing while fixing all these errors. So when this happens, any other error, or you did all the content already. People can just hop in GCvGvCGC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    dutyfinder is your god now.
    we wont get any open world stuff. stronghold are a joke now not sure if they will be adding nm bosses again or even more mobs in them. people dont want NM's, people dont want to walk in the open world.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Steve Odinsworn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 46
    More Fates, or a greater frequency of fates.

(post 3/3)
    (1)

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

Player
    Character
    Blaetrot Pfarskoefsyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    FATEs are currently lackluster due to...

1) Poor level sync scaling (it should be lower, less than 2 level differences)
    2) Poor scaling based on the number of participants
    3) Uninteresting enemy tactics, even after the first 20 levels (unlike those found in guildhests and such)
    4) Gold medals being too easy to obtain
    5) No mechanics to counter players stacking AoE spam.

A group of people spamming their favorite AoE into a mass of enemies that will be dead in the next 2 seconds is not meaningful, to be sure. The developers should not be so quick to patronize players, they are smarter than you think.
    (2)
    Ultimate FATE fix/redesign: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/92555-Making-FATEs-smarter!-%28Comprehensive-FATE-%28-guildleve-quest%29-fixes-redesign%29
    Better integrating DoH/L into the endgame: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/90616-Getting-DoH-DoL-more-involved-in-endgame-progression...-%28two-ideas%29

Character
    Shiyo Kozuki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Open world content is the best, I enjoy it much more, unless it gets super zerged like fates do most of the time. I hope they add an equal amount of open world and instanced content so there's tons of things to do to satisfy everyone, only doing one or the other gets boring quick.

Fates are one of my least favorite forms of open world content, up there with 24 hour repop NM's, only when they're zerged. Otherwise they're tons of fun I would enjoy fates more if there were reasons to not 100vs1 each mob as soon as they pop or they were somehow difficult or something. Fates are awesome until a zerg arrives. I would enjoy some type of boss you can pop in the open wo rld and only your party can fight them, and you need to kill mobs in the open world to get drops to pop the boss or something.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-26-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jojimbo Matsumoto
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    FATE is actually destroying the challenge in open world along with the removal of claim mob system that was in place in 1.0.
    One might say, "Well.. we don't want to play XI all over again." My response to that would be: It has nothing to do with XI.

What is FATE to me?
    Cheap experience points earned superfast for little effort.
    Non strategic fights.
    Chaos/Unorganized.
    Pink icons + enough people= AOE party for 30 seconds to 1min= Gold medal and a whole lot of exp.

The old NM system would be a million times better than these utterly boring events.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Behemoth is not instanced
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast